Home

One Goal-- Jack Walker's NBA Journey

This is a discussion on One Goal-- Jack Walker's NBA Journey within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #97
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: One Goal-- Jack Walker's NBA Journey

Chapter 40 Balance

October 3rd 2015 Minneapolis, MN

Jayson squared up and let his shot go despite two hands being right in his face. The shot sank, good for two points eliciting a celebration from the shooter and the rest of his team. Jack Walker jogged back to get on defense where he was marking up against the next biggest player on the court, a 5’6” seventh grader named Dante.

This game was far from organized; the team Jack was playing on was comprised of six or seven middle schoolers and himself versus probably nine other middle school aged kids. There were no referees or score board and Jack was sure that if he’d asked each player on the court what the score was every one would come up with a different answer. But the kids were smiling and laughing as they ran up and down the beautiful brand new Timberwolves Community Courts at the corner of Park Ave & East 28th in the Whitier community of Minneapolis.

Back in June Jack decided it was time to get more involved in the Minneapolis community but wasn’t sure to begin. He met with the big man , Jim Calloway to discuss. They talked about the NBA programs; NBA Cares, NBA Fit, NBA Green, and Hoops for Troops but Jack was more interested in making an impact in the Twin Cities community.

“The Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation is trying to build a basketball court in Whitier. That’s a community only ten minutes from the Target Center but their crime rates are high and there are a lot of impoverished families. We’ve done a lot of research with community leaders there and are hoping a nice court plus some after school programs could really help.” Calloway had said. “We’ve got the location already and are trying to get money to build the court.”

By the end of that meeting Jack had cut a check, personally called a few names on their donor list and what was to be one court would now be three. He challenged his boss to have the facility open by the Timberwolves first game knowing Jim Calloway was a man who delivers.

--

May 15th 2015 Minneapolis, MN

Jack hung his head in the locker room out of shame. Losing in the playoffs wasn’t something new to the fourth year guard but to get beaten at home in game one of the Western Conference Finals was far from a good feeling. He knew the Thunder would be tough but he’d seen everything Westbrook had to offer and was confident he could shut the All Star down as he had before.

But at the end of the game those thoughts were far from Jack’s mind. The dynamic point guard had put up a scorching 22 points while flashing superb shooting and spectacular moves to get to the rim. It turned out he had a whole other level of play once the playoffs hit.

Walker really was embarrassed despite having scored 19 of his own points which nearly overcame their late game deficit. Nevertheless Jack vowed that performance would not repeat itself.

--

May 17th 2015 Minneapolis, MN

The Timberwolves bounced back in game two by thrashing OKC on their way to a 17 points victory. Nearly everyone contributed offensively for the Wolves but once again it was defensive pressure that made the difference in the game. Double teams to Durant and Westbrook whenever possible required Ibaka and the other OKC players to step up but their efforts simply weren’t enough.

In the locker room everyone seemed confidant that with this approach of pressuring the stars they’d be able to scratch out the three more wins it would take to make the finals.

--

May 20th 2015 Oklahoma City, OK

After game three the Timberwolves locker room was nearly silent, their comeback bid had fallen just short in the fourth quarter resulting in a two games to one series deficite. More importantly Anthony Randolph had gone down in the fourth quarter with a severe ankle sprain and was likely done for the season.

For Jack the emotional roller coaster ride that was the NBA playoffs continued. He was heartened that they had come so close after they fell so far behind in the first quarter plus he was able to shut Westbrook down holding him to just five points. On the other hand, he knew Randolph was probably their biggest advantage on the floor as he excelled at scoring inside, and rebounding against the Thunder’s soft interior.

Jack refused to feel sorry for himself though, they’d come this far and now it was time to rally around each other and overcome.

--

June 1st 2015, Minneapolis, MN

‘18…19….20…Rack’ Jack pushed the bar onto the rack and sat up from the bench panting. He’d never pressed that much weight for that many reps, with each press he imagined a shot he’d missed in the conference finals.

“Thought it might be you in here.” Kevin Love approached the bench press with a grin on his face. “Leave it to Jack Walker to be lifting when everyone else is on a beach somewhere.”

“Timberwolves 2016 NBA champs baby.” Jack laughed as they bumped fists in greeting.

“If I were a betting man I’d have our money on us.” Love agreed.

“Why aren’t you on a beach?” Jack wondered.

“Cody and I are heading to St. Thomas tomorrow, just came by to clean out my locker… What are you’re summer plans?” Now the power forward had a concerned look on his face.

“You’re lookin’ at it. I’m sure I’ll make my way to Cincinnati at some point as well.” Jack said kind of embarrassed.

“Man you gotta get away. If you keep going 365 you’ll burn out.”

“Every damn day man, gotta stay on that girnd.”

“Seriously though, you need to get some balance in your life.” Love responded. Jack realized the conversation had shifted and began feeling defensive. “We all want a title, more than anything, but this is a career not life itself.”

“I’ll be just fine.” Jack brushed it off.

“You’re not the first athlete to be obsessed with winning a championship!”

“Well what the hell do you know? You’ve never won anything.” Jack immediately regretted having said that.

“I been in this league seven years, I’ve seen it. You’ve got your MVP votes and that’s great, but like I said you’ll burn out.”

“Whatever.” Jack stood and walked over to the leg press.

“Look I’m telling you this because I’m trying to help, take it or leave it.” With that Love walked out the weight room and Jack started his reps.

Later he texted K Love

--

May 22nd 2015 Oklahoma City, OK

Pre game the Timberwolves were fired up to say the least. They’d had a day to absorb the loss of their best inside scoring option in Randolph and move on from it. The coaching staff would be using a platoon of two unheralded young forwards in John John Valentine & Steve Skinner. Each of them had their strengths but neither was consistent enough to command major minutes.

By the final buzzer it was clear the platoon was ineffective but it didn’t matter as Jack, Beasley, and Harden all scored in double digits to even the series at two games apiece. Everyone was relieved to be able to take a game in Oklahoma but there wasn’t much chest thumping as they knew there were challenges ahead.

--
July 16th 2015, Chicago IL

“CUT! Nice work Jack, we’ll take a look, hang tight for five minutes.” Larry, the fast talking director, shouted from his chair before he scurried off to talk to some tech about lighting or something.

Through most of his life Jack thought there was no way he’d ever not want to be in a gym or on a basketball court, today though proved the exception. Filming a TV commercial had to be the most tedious, boring undertaking the human race had ever come up with. He’d already been on set for three hours and having done this a few times before he knew it would take at least another hour for his ten second segment to be finished.

He felt like he was at the NBA draft combine or something… Run up the sideline, cross over here, spin twice, run down the sideline, take a jumper, make a layup, spin the ball on your finger. Jack accepted that this was part of his job and was happy to let Under Armor pay his bills but there had to be some way to make the experience more enjoyable.

“Alright Jack feeling good?” the fast talking director had returned.

“Ye—.”

“Great now we’re gonna get the big dunk which will finish the spot, you ready?” This guy had a habit of cutting people off.

“Su—.”

“Faaanntastic. So you’re gonna drive the, uhh… the…”

“The lane?”

“Yeah that’s it, drive the lane, and dunk it as hard as you can, land and stare the camera down got that?” Larry may have also had a coke habit. Jack shrugged, grabbed the ball and set up at the three point line.

“Aaannd ACTION!” On cue Jack dribbled twice took off and one handed the ball through the rim thinking the entire time he might be able to get out of here early. He missed the camera stair down though.

“AGGHHhh! CUT! Jack that was great, very close. Just don’t forget to stare down the camera after you land. Roll it back people! All set?” Suddenly something diverted Larry’s attention. “Brooke! Brooke, Larry Samsonite, director, it’s so good to meet you!” Jack looked over to find one of the other players featured in the spot had arrived.

Brooke Ballard played for the Chicago Sky of the WNBA and had become a bit of a sensation when she averaged over forty points a game in a fifteen game span while also averaging over 55% shooting. At the moment though, Jack could care less about her shooting numbers because as it turned out, besides being an amazing player, she was also a stone cold fox. He quickly decided to introduce himself.

“Oh Jack! Yes yes, Brooke Ballard this is Jack Walker.”

“Oh hey, good to meet you, I’m a big fan.” The blonde offered her hand and Jack shook it.

“Thanks, good to meet you too, nice shooting there for those game.” Jack kicked himself mentally.

“Yeeahh thanks.”

“Brooke I’m so sorry but we’re a bit behind with Jack” Larry interjected. “We’re trying to finish up right now, hang tight for five minutes and we’ll be get going with you in a moment.”

Jack took his spot again and again on cue dunked the ball. This time he was thinking more about a certain blonde who was watching the proceedings than looking into the camera.

“Jack, good stuff, really good. We need to get that stair down though. Remember dunk, land, aaannnd stair down gimme your meanest game face.” Brooke giggled at this. “OK take number three… Sh*t, Mike how did the lighting get like this!? The background is all washed out!” Larry again vacated his seat and Jack again made his way over to where Brooke was standing.

“So… You don’t dunk much, why would they have you dunk in a commercial?” Brooke immediately challenged Jack throwing him off a bit.

“Because dunks are more exciting I guess, I don’t write the ads I just do what they tell me.” Jack smiled.

“Worried you’re gonna miss?” She said grinning.

“What? No… What would make you think that?”

“Just, I’ve watched some Wolves games and you’re not exactly jumping out of the gym.” She smiled, obviously enjoying herself.

“I’m used to taking criticism from strangers but it’s not often to my face.” Jack faked indignation.

“We’re not strangers we just met, heck we might even become best friends.” She smiled again

“Not when you’re questioning my hops right off the bat.”

“Look I’m trying to help; maybe a layup would be smarter.” Brooke said trying to seem truly concerned.

“Alright, just for that I’m gonna reverse two hand it next time.” Jack was enjoying the banter and was pretty sure Brooke was as well.

“I’d be really surprised if you pull that off, maybe even impressed.”

“Then a wager perhaps?”

“What’s the bet?”

“If I get it dinner is on you, if not, I’ll buy.”

“Deal.” They shook hands and Larry conveniently chose that moment to return.

“Alright take three, ACTION!” The director shouted.

--

“How long are you in Chicago?” Brooke asked as she and Jack walked the streets of Wrigleyville slowly heading toward her apartment.

The date couldn’t have been going better in Jack’s estimation. Dinner was full of good food, good wine, easy conversation and a lot of laughing. Brooke looked fantastic in a simple skirt and Jack liked how her whole face lit up when she smiled.

“I was planning to head to Cincinnati tomorrow… but I might be convinced to stay another night.”

“How about this; we play Tulsa tomorrow, you can come to the game and then I’ll take you out to my favorite late night dinner place after that? I’ll buy this time.” Brooke smiled.

“No dunking bet this time?” Jack laughed.

“No way! I’m more self aware than to go around spouting off that I can reverse two-hand!” They both laughed followed by a lull, Jack took the chance to employ the 90/10 rule and he got the response he was hoping for.

“That plan sounds great.” Jack said pulling back.

“Good night.” Brooke was beaming.

Needless to say Jack and Brooke kept in touch throughout the summer.

--

May 24th 2015 Minneapolis, MN

The Timberwolves coughed up another playoff game at home, and Jack felt sick to his stomach. Again, down early the team tried to mount a fourth quarter come back and yet again they fell short. The power center platoon was totally ineffective at both ends. Smelling blood in the water Kevin Durant attacked and attacked and attacked. The league MVP put up 25 points and the Timberwolves were basically helpless to stop him. Double teams, zones, cutting off passing lanes, it didn’t matter. The Slim Reaper was on that night and the Minnesota basketball club felt his fury.

Going forward Jack knew his team’s back was up against the wall and a man down. He couldn't fight the feeling in his stomach, the same feeling he got after game four of the 2013 NBA Finals.

--

August 17th Mackinac Island, MI

Jack looked out over the waters of Lake Michigan with a satisfied smile. It was the final evening of a six day boating trip from Duluth, Minnesota to Traverse City, Michigan which he had planned, financed, and executed all by himself.

Well, it was supposed to be a six day trip but the engine on his brand new 35’ Regal Sport left him stranded for an extra day in Ontonagon, Michigan before a mechanic could get to the remote Upper Peninsula town and repair the problem. Then weather kept him in Sault St. Marie, Michigan for two days. After that Jack headed southward to Mackinac Island where he now sat at anchor looking forward to completing his journey.

When he was younger Jack spent many summers in and around the water, boating, skiing, and swimming. Soon enough though basketball took up his time in the summer, fall, winter and spring. In that time though he always remembered the bliss of cruising the waters of Lake Michigan in swim trunks and a ball cap with the sun shining down from above.

The last eight days were the longest Jack had spent in over ten years without taking a jump shot, looking at film, or even bouncing a basketball. He had thought about taking some film along with him or at least some old video of the ‘86 or ‘87 finals. But in the end he just brought some reading material and several movies for the few down times.

He was away from basketball but still constantly busy monitoring weather, checking the boat, checking supplies, and confirming the course he was on. It was nine days completely void of basketball. The trip didn’t by any means serve to tell the four year NBAer that he was not longer in love with the game, just as a reminder that there are other things out there.

Jack took another sip of beer and decided he still held his ultimate championship goal in high regard, but he also felt like it was time for some other goals. He wondered what Brooke was up to at that moment.

--

May 27th 2015 Oklahoma City, OK

When Jack stepped into the locker room he immediately picked up a nearby chair & tossed it with all he had left into the far wall, from there he flipped over a folding table in the middle of the room sending athletic tape and Gatorade bottles flying. The tantrum was short lived though as he was simply deflated more than enraged so he just sat down at his locker and stared at it While the rest of the team filed in.

Anthony Randolph limped up to Jack.

“I’m sorry man, woulda’ been different if my ankle hadn’t given out.” The big man sighed.

“Don’t be sorry, nothin’ you coulda’ changed about it. Just be sure to heal up quick, our campaign for the 2016 NBA Title started ten minutes ago.” Randolph appreciated the words and went on his way. He hadn’t even broken a sweat during the five minutes he played that night but no one would have expected any more from him given the pain he was in.

Jack turned around on his stool and surveyed the room. It was the third consecutive year he’d made it to the conference finals and not won a title but for everyone else in and around the organization it was the first time since 2004 they had made it past the first round of the playoffs. He was all too familiar with the stunned, empty expression everyone wore on their face. It was the look of realization that the season was suddenly over and the feel good story of the “underdog” Minnesota Timberwolves had ended all too soon.

The team got out of dodge as soon as possible and landed at MSP just after 2 AM local time. Jack was glad to be home, he likely wouldn’t sleep much that night but he just looked forward to some couch time, to his surprise though there were somewhere around 10,000 Timberwolves fans waiting at the airport to greet their team despite the losing effort.

Everyone was decked out in Wolves gear and several people were holing signs saying “We’re still proud of our team!” and “Thanks for a great season!” Although he was in a foul mood before Jack couldn’t suppress a smile once he saw the outpouring from the fans. He made sure to stick around and sign as many autographs as he could.

--

October 3rd 2015, Minneapolis, MN

“Did everyone have fun today!?” Jack shouted to the thirty middle school aged kids gathered around him at mid court. The sun was bright, temperature perfect for October.
“Yeah!” The kids answered in unison.

“I’m not sure you heard me, DID EVERYONE HAVE FUN TODAY!?”

“YEAHHHH!!!” The kids shouted at full throat.

“How awesome are these new courts!?” Jack shouted back and received hearty encouragement from all in attendance. “They sure are awesome. Can you all thank Mr. Calloway for helping bring this facility to Whitier!?”

“THANKS MR. CALLOWAY!”

“Indeed thank you Mr. Calloway, and thank you kids and parents for all coming out to enjoy some basketball with me on this beautiful day. It’s my hope that the Timberwolves Community Courts can serve as a meeting point for people of the Whitier community and a safe place for children of all ages.”

--

Hours later after signing hundreds of jerseys, hats, and balls Jack was back at his penthouse reviewing film from the Timberwolves three regular season games against the Thunder.

There had been very few changes to Minnesota’s roster over the off season so checking back on the game film was a pretty simple process. All five starters would be the same, just a year older. At that moment they’d played approximately 90 games over the last season with the exact same core of starters and role players.

Jack looked forward to the beginning of camp and then the regular season. Though the players on the team would be the same he felt like he had changed.

Just then his phone rang, he was glad to see it was Brooke calling.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #98
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: One Goal-- Jack Walker's NBA Journey

Chapter 41 It's All Been Done

“You were brilliant last night.” Brooke Ballard said right after answering the phone.

“Thanks, I’m happy with it.” Jack said. He was half watching the afternoon sports center on mute from his room at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Phoenix. After thoroughly trouncing Utah in their season opener the team quickly boarded a plane for Arizona. Though he finally felt like he was on the team he was meant to be on it didn’t make the NBA any less of a grin..

“Happy with it? 19 points, five assists and you won? You should be psyched!”

“What did you memorize my stat line?”

“No, I might just be curious how you’re playing from time to time.”

“So you’re an NBA groupie then?”

“Oh my God you did NOT just say that!” Brooke shouted laughing.

“Hey it’s no big deal I’ve met plenty of nice groupies.”

“I’m going to hang up right now if you don’t stop talking like that!”

“Alright, alright you’re not an NBA groupie.” Jack conceded.

“Thank you…” there was a pause in the conversation. “I can’t believe you don’t play in Chicago until January!”

“I know. I’m back home in a week though, why don’t you come up for the weekend?” Jack was testing the waters here.

“Uhhh yeah maybe, I’d have to check my schedule.” Brooke was purposely being non committal and Jack knew it.

“Yeah, just think about it, the city of lakes has a lot to offer.”

“That’s seriously Minneapolis’ nickname? That’s so lame.”

“I know but hey I didn’t come up with it.”

“Anyway, I’ll check and let you know. I’m sorry to cut this off but I’ve gotta run. Good luck tonight!” Brooke said.

“Thanks, I’ll talk to ya soon.” Jack ended the call.

After their first two dates in July, Jack and Brooke spoke often on the phone. To Jack it was clear they had chemistry, he knew he had a thing for Brooke and she for him but living in different cities and both playing on professional basketball teams with basically opposite regular season schedules was a challenge to say the least.

After the WNBA season ended they spent a long weekend together in Chicago with Brooke acting as tour guide. They visited Wrigley Field, The Art Institute, Second City and everything in between with long dinners each night followed by walks through Wrigleyville. Jack thought he might end up getting lucky the night before he was to head back for Minneapolis as they shared a passionate embrace on Brooke’s front stoop but that was not to be.

“Look Jack,” Brooke said as they separated. “I really want to invite you up, I… I like you, a lot, but it’s not a good time for me right now.”

“I’m sorry is this too fast?” Jack was sure he wasn’t going to like what he was about to hear.

“No, but sort of yes… I’m not sure, I just…” Brooke struggled. “You’re in Minneapolis where you belong and I’m in Chicago where I belong. Trust me I want to give this a chance, a lot.” She smiled and grasped his hand at this point. “But I don’t want to do the long distance thing…” She was struggling and although Jack didn’t like it one bit he had to respect her wishes. He leaned in for a short kiss and hug.

“Goodbye.” Brooke whispered.

“Goodnight.” Jack replied.

Since that weekend they’d spoken on the phone occasionally and come to an unspoken friendship agreement which basically meant they’d make fun of one another and chat lightly about their day to day goings on. Jack felt like he was being kept at arm’s length.

He recognized that Brooke’s words back in August were true but he was also sure there was something there between them. She wouldn’t stay in touch if there wasn't, would she? Jack sighed and turned Sports Center back up as the highlight reel ran yet again for the Cleveland Browns most recent blowout loss.

--

“J, you’ve gotta give it up, you’re never gonna understand women so you might as well stop trying.” Kevin Love was trying to cheer his locker neighbor up as they suited up for the pre game shoot around that night.

“This from Mr. Commitment.” Jack replied knowing Love was speaking the truth.

“J’s right man, Love has never seen a girl he didn't want to commit to right away.” Michael Beasley butted in from across the cramped visitor’s quarters. “I say we’ll be back in Minny in less than a week, hit First ave and you’ll forget about Beth in no time.”

“Yeah that’s probably exactly what will happen.” Jack replied.

“That’s not what I’m saying…” Love tried to regain the conversation before Anthony Randolph joined in.

“We’ll all go man, a team building retreat to the club! Get some drinks, grab some ones then head home.” The big man laughed though everyone was looking at him as if he had three heads.

“Ones?” Beasley spoke up. “Man that’s you’re taste I go dimes or nothin’”

“No no no, my buddy got me on this binary system.”

“Like computer code?” Jack asked. He was confused as any of them.

“Yeah I guess, look we all got different taste. A dime to Beez may be a eight to me, and cows are dimes to Love here. So go binary, a one is a girl you’d be takin’ home right now, no questions asked. A zero, not so much.” Randolph grinned while the group just stared at him.

“Rando that’s probably the stupidest thing you’ve ever said.” Beasley laughed throwing a sock at him.

“No its genius,” Jack piped up. “None of this ‘well she’s a six now but a eight if I were drunk’ just would you f**k her right now yes or no? I mean that really is the only question isn’t it?”

“Damn right its genius.” Randolph and Jack slapped hands.

“While I do like that Rando, we’ve gotten off topic. Jack, what are you gonna do about this chick?” Love asked.

“Sh*t I don’t know, I know for sure she’s a one though!” everyone cracked up as they made their way out to the floor.

--

Jack wasn’t surprised when Brooke ended up declining his invitation to visit Minneapolis, just disappointed. Despite the let down his focus on the court remained laser sharp throughout the road trip leading to blowout wins in Phoenix and Utah with a narrow victory over the Clippers between the two. A week into the NBA season the Wolves beat Houston convincingly back at The Den to cap off a 5-0 start to the season.

Their third home game was a disappointing loss to the dreadful Detroit Pistons but the consensus was the team was still feeling the long road trip. Coming up that weekend though would be their first nationally televised game of the young season.

The media was hyping the game up as the visiting 76ers were first in the east. Leading up to the game it was business as usual for the home team and since it wasn’t a divisional or even in conference match up, really there wasn’t a whole hell of a lot at stake. Nevertheless TNT hyped the contest and the Twin Cities media rolled with it since the Vikings were already 2-7.

--

“Welcome to the NBA on TNT everyone; I’m Marv Albert here with my partner in crime Steve Kerr set to bring you the Philadelphia 76ers at the Minnesota Timberwolves.”

“Steve, tonight we have the two of the hottest teams so far in this young NBA season, two squads we expect to see at or near the top of their respective conferences all season. What do you look for out of these combatants tonight?”

“Marv, some might say there isn’t a whole lot at stake this evening with it being non conference opponents but it’s a chance for each of them to test their metal against a worthy adversary. Their talent levels are similar, both teams can cause matchup problems, offensively and they both play great defense. A lot of folks picked the 76ers to win the east and a lot of folks picked the Timberwolves to win the west so in terms of the coaches and players see where they are as a team in the early going, this is a big matchup.”

“And Steve these were two of the most balanced teams in terms of scoring last season, do you expect that to continue.”

“Actually not particularly for wither team. The 76ers have done such a good job of drafting recently and then developing those guys into players who fill a role in the offense that compliments their best scorers ad that’s Danny Granger and Andray Igoudala. I look for those two to step up tonight and throughout the season.”

“And for Minneapolis?”

“Its all about Jack Walker here in the Twin Cities. They’ve got excellent talent around him; don’t get me wrong but as Walker goes the Timberwolves go. What we saw from him in terms of improvement from his time in LA to last season and how he’s played in the first six games this season, its impressive growth and I look for him to be a big part of the MVP discussion this season.”

--

“Granger on the wing, he dishes off to Holiday, he’s defended by Walker, now the ball goes inside Spencer Hawes backing down Randolph, tries to spin underneath, up and under lay in good for two!”

--

“Holiday driving on Walker, looses him on the cross, kick out to Granger YES! Danny Granger for three off the sweet feed from Jrue Holiday.”

--

“The Wolves enter the second down by one after a high scoring first quarter.”

“That’s right Al I look for both teams to get tough on defense here in the second.”

“Walker with the iso on Holiday, crosses over, dish to Harden on the top of the key, back to walker, he fakes the shot, sidestep, fires YES! Jack Walker got Holiday off his feat opening himself up for the easy eighteen footer to take the lead.”

--

“Love provide the pick on Holiday, Walker to the wing, step back for three. Got it! Another three pointer for Walker and Minnesota is pulling away here in the second!”

--

“Holiday dribbles between his legs at the three point line, looking to dish inside and he does, Hawes backs down Valentine and finished with the right hand for another two, the big man dominating the low block early here in the second.

“Walker is quick up the floor though, Iguodala steps out on him, Walker bounce pass inside and a two handed slam by Randolph!”

--

“Love backs down on the low block, kicks out to Walker he fires for three! YES! Jack Walker with another triple.”

“Great movement off the ball here by Walker, he lost Holiday thanks to the screen from Beasley to free himself up for an open look and buried the three pointer.”

--

“So to reset its Wolves 36, 76ers 32 at the start of the second half, so far not the defensive battle we expected. Walker brings the ball up court on the first offensive possession of the half. He dribbles between his legs, crosses up Holiday, stop and pop good for two points! Jack Walker is on his way to a big night!

--

“Beasley dishes to Randolph who kicks out to Walker, for three… YES! Jack Walker hits again from three point land.

“That off ball screen has been money for the Timberwolves all night Al!”

--

“So there is the final horn, this Timberwolves crowd goes home happy as their team beats the 76ers 50 to 43.”

“Al, really an impressive performance by Minnesota, James Harden and Kevin Love struggled for the most part but Jack Walker carried this team by pouring in twenty points while going 8 of 14 from the field. He continues his hot start to the season.”

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »