Home

NBA 2K14 30-Team Association: You Choose

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 30-Team Association: You Choose within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 30-Team Association: You Choose

too bad they lost bradley, he's one of the top perimeter defenders around
Old 03-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
too bad they lost bradley, he's one of the top perimeter defenders around
True, all though I do feel like Stephenson is the better all-around player.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #11
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

To add one more idea, how about the Suns or T-Wolves? Both have a decent core, but they've still got a little way to go in order to fully compete in the tough Western Division which will add a bit of a challenge.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #12
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm always wary of these "you pick my chise" chises because usually it means the OP doesn't feel strongly enough about a team to keep it going (nothing personal ). That said, I think with the level of thought and detail you are starting this off with, this has a good chance to last, which intrigues me. So I will add my 2 cents.

I like the 76ers, Celtics, and T-Wolves as some folks have already suggested.

For the 76ers...I mean one word: Wiggins. You can control the career of the most hyped Diaper Dandy in recent memory and the most hyped amateur since Lebron James. Add in a freakish PG in MCW, a rehabbed Nerlens Noel. Then add in a 'seasoned vet' like Thad Young, a decent mid range/post guy in Cunningham, and some intriguing young guys like Gary Harris and McGary and you've got a really fun rotation to play with.

The Celtics are sometimes overdone IMO, but with Rondo and Embiid, you could put together one of the better defenses in the league. There would be on-ball pressure and shot blocking galore. Lance Stephenson is a sneaky add and along with 6th man Jamal Crawford, you'd have some nice pieces. I'd be looking to trade Sully and Green though for some PG depth/draft picks.

The T-Wolves obviously have Love, who you could try to have him stay. After that, Pek is a big bruiser and Rubio could emerge for you. There are some heralded wing players too in Shabazz and Cleanthony Early from Wichita State--one of which should beat out Corey Brewer as the starting 3. K-Mart gives some perimeter scoring and Gorgui Dieng is just waiting for playing time to blow up. You'd need to add an offensive-minded 6th man here, but the front line and PG is very young and skilled.

Some other intersting rebuilding options that have not been mentioned yet are the Magic and Kings.

Orlando in drafting Randle gives you two lottery talents with him and Oladipo. With Lowry being brought in, Oladipo could be a full-time slasher/defensive havoc wrecker and not have to run the point. Vucevic is really becoming a stud center, and with Afflalo, this might be one of the most sneaky-good and cheap starting 5s in the league. Plus, WCS, Harris, and Harkless give you a nice 8-man rotation, but you'd need to add a decent combo guard to come off the bench. Not a big fan of Brown or Farmar.

With Sacramento, it looks like they finally have a decent PG for the first time since Mike Bibby. Exum and McLemore (make it into McLemento) would be a highlight reel backcourt and Boogie would continue to be a threat in the post. You'd have to sort out the PF situation and probably trade Rudy Gay (since that's en vogue in the NBA these days), but you'd have a good foundation.

Some other options that are more contend now than rebuild...I like the Mavs, Bulls, and Lakers.

With the Mavs, they're loaded with vets. They still have Dirk, Calderon, and Monta and they brought in Deng. Jordan Hill would be ok for a season until maybe Patric Young emerges. But the angle I really like here is Dirk taking Douggie McBuckets under his wing and trying to create the next great white superstar.

With the Bulls, obviously you have a good team to start with. But with Rose coming back and I really like that Stauskas pick--you could really dethrone Miami and start up another Bulls dynasty. With Jimmer, Taj Gibson, and Stauskas you'd have 3 viable 6th man candidates backing up a strong starting 5.

Finally, there's the Lakers. Has a team ever been as bipolar as the Lake Show? They go from Showtime in the 80s to pretty bad, then decent, then have a little dynasty there with PJ, Kobe, and Shaq. Then Shaq and Kobe break up, the Lakers get pretty bad again before the Pau trade and Bynum developing brings them back to champions. Now Kobe has been hurt, their management (Jim Buss) is threatening to destroy the team to satisfy their egos, they lose out on Phil Jackson, hire a mediocre coach to coach a tire fire of a roster--they are a bad fit and hurt. But in comes Marcus Smart to play PG alongside Kobe and Pau for perhaps one last go. You'd have a shot at winning it all in year 1 (with monster years from Ariza, Swaggy P, and Pau), and then with Kobe retiring (maybe) you'd have a grip ton of cap room to remake the team around Smart and, well, actually that's the only long term asset there. But, man you would need a decent center there.

My 2 cents. Good luck picking a team to chise with.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #13
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I'm always wary of these "you pick my chise" chises because usually it means the OP doesn't feel strongly enough about a team to keep it going (nothing personal ). That said, I think with the level of thought and detail you are starting this off with, this has a good chance to last, which intrigues me. So I will add my 2 cents.

I like the 76ers, Celtics, and T-Wolves as some folks have already suggested.

For the 76ers...I mean one word: Wiggins. You can control the career of the most hyped Diaper Dandy in recent memory and the most hyped amateur since Lebron James. Add in a freakish PG in MCW, a rehabbed Nerlens Noel. Then add in a 'seasoned vet' like Thad Young, a decent mid range/post guy in Cunningham, and some intriguing young guys like Gary Harris and McGary and you've got a really fun rotation to play with.

The Celtics are sometimes overdone IMO, but with Rondo and Embiid, you could put together one of the better defenses in the league. There would be on-ball pressure and shot blocking galore. Lance Stephenson is a sneaky add and along with 6th man Jamal Crawford, you'd have some nice pieces. I'd be looking to trade Sully and Green though for some PG depth/draft picks.

The T-Wolves obviously have Love, who you could try to have him stay. After that, Pek is a big bruiser and Rubio could emerge for you. There are some heralded wing players too in Shabazz and Cleanthony Early from Wichita State--one of which should beat out Corey Brewer as the starting 3. K-Mart gives some perimeter scoring and Gorgui Dieng is just waiting for playing time to blow up. You'd need to add an offensive-minded 6th man here, but the front line and PG is very young and skilled.

Some other intersting rebuilding options that have not been mentioned yet are the Magic and Kings.

Orlando in drafting Randle gives you two lottery talents with him and Oladipo. With Lowry being brought in, Oladipo could be a full-time slasher/defensive havoc wrecker and not have to run the point. Vucevic is really becoming a stud center, and with Afflalo, this might be one of the most sneaky-good and cheap starting 5s in the league. Plus, WCS, Harris, and Harkless give you a nice 8-man rotation, but you'd need to add a decent combo guard to come off the bench. Not a big fan of Brown or Farmar.

With Sacramento, it looks like they finally have a decent PG for the first time since Mike Bibby. Exum and McLemore (make it into McLemento) would be a highlight reel backcourt and Boogie would continue to be a threat in the post. You'd have to sort out the PF situation and probably trade Rudy Gay (since that's en vogue in the NBA these days), but you'd have a good foundation.

Some other options that are more contend now than rebuild...I like the Mavs, Bulls, and Lakers.

With the Mavs, they're loaded with vets. They still have Dirk, Calderon, and Monta and they brought in Deng. Jordan Hill would be ok for a season until maybe Patric Young emerges. But the angle I really like here is Dirk taking Douggie McBuckets under his wing and trying to create the next great white superstar.

With the Bulls, obviously you have a good team to start with. But with Rose coming back and I really like that Stauskas pick--you could really dethrone Miami and start up another Bulls dynasty. With Jimmer, Taj Gibson, and Stauskas you'd have 3 viable 6th man candidates backing up a strong starting 5.

Finally, there's the Lakers. Has a team ever been as bipolar as the Lake Show? They go from Showtime in the 80s to pretty bad, then decent, then have a little dynasty there with PJ, Kobe, and Shaq. Then Shaq and Kobe break up, the Lakers get pretty bad again before the Pau trade and Bynum developing brings them back to champions. Now Kobe has been hurt, their management (Jim Buss) is threatening to destroy the team to satisfy their egos, they lose out on Phil Jackson, hire a mediocre coach to coach a tire fire of a roster--they are a bad fit and hurt. But in comes Marcus Smart to play PG alongside Kobe and Pau for perhaps one last go. You'd have a shot at winning it all in year 1 (with monster years from Ariza, Swaggy P, and Pau), and then with Kobe retiring (maybe) you'd have a grip ton of cap room to remake the team around Smart and, well, actually that's the only long term asset there. But, man you would need a decent center there.

My 2 cents. Good luck picking a team to chise with.
Thank you for your very thorough and detailed summary on teams you'd like to see. The only reason I let users decide my next association is that I feel that people may be more inclined to follow knowing they helped pick the selection. Great points on every team, your feedback has helped more than you know.

And also glad to see a fellow Michigan fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »