Home

A Dallas Mavericks Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Dallas Mavericks Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #17
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: A Dallas Mavericks Dynasty

Best Division?

Currently, every team in the Southwest division is at least .500, in fact, only the Pelicans are even so far at 12-12. This division has been tough to their opponents in the NBA in recent years because the duo of the Spurs and Mavericks, who have had the top two winning percentages since 2000 (with the Spurs having the best of the two). The Grizzlies have been no slouch themselves either, making the playoffs 4 years running (possibly making it 5).

Don’t forget about the Rockets, who have made the playoffs the last two years, and have had a winning record for 8 seasons, a feat that not many teams can tout. The weakest link is the Pelicans. But they might not be the weakest link for too much longer, future defensive maestro Anthony Davis is blooming as an athletic shot blocker, and the rest of their team is young as well.

How does this division stack up against the best divisions all time? Basing this battle purely of winning percentage, if the season were to end right now, they would have an exceptional .753 win percentage, more than .1 better than the best in history, the 70-71 season with the Bucks having Oscar Robertson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and completing the season with a .805 percentage.

Will they continue their tear through the NBA? Probably not. This is just a small sample size about a third or fourth through the season.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:57 PM   #18
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

How would you guys like to continue this association? More stories? Or more stats and updates on standings? I would like to do updates on each game I play, but don't know if I could do that for so many games each season.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #19
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

More stories.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 06-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #20
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

Rookie sensation takes control of league

This wasn’t unexpected at all, after putting on an amazing show in college for Syracuse, the 4th overall pick Adam Cameron has continued his dominance in the NBA. Here’s an example of Cameron displaying his talent while he was an Orange:

This rookie is putting up numbers only a few have been able to muster before him. He’s a jack of all trades, putting up 20.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg, and 5.9 apg so far through a couple of months, and is showing no sign of slowing down. His performance is very similar to Tyreke Evans’ as a rookie, who did 20.1—5.8—5.3.

There are some distinct differences between these players, most notably that he’s been more efficient FG% wise. Adam has a .470% percentage from the field, and .390% from deep, where Tyreke had a troubling .255%. The main place where Adam Cameron demonstrates he’s a long way from being the most dynamic and efficient player he can be is his turnover rate. 3.6 per game isn’t going to help his Milwaukee Bucks win games (currently 9-20). But he’s made a ginormous difference to this team nearly doubling the amount of wins last years had at this point in the season.

The new owners are salivating at the enormous potential they have in the player they picked this year.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #21
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

Next Move for the Mavericks

The team has done a fabulous job so far in the season, they are 19-10 as they begin the month of January. Monta is playing the best he ever has even though Dirk has had a slight drop off.

But what is this team missing to get to the next level? It’s definitely not scoring, because they are 3rd in the league in points per game at 99. Their three point shooting is on point along with their free throw percentage (.821). Assists have been coming all year long, but their rebounding is average. This team needs an inside presence and more aggressive defenders.

A lineup change is most likely in store for the Mavericks, because veteran point guard Jose Caulderon’s offense isn’t making up for his abysmal defense. Devin Harris will soon get the nod to start off games and have a bigger role, according to sources close to the team. There isn’t enough depth down low either, Dalembert isn’t gracefully declining, but taking a nosedive. Neither Okafor nor Dalembert have provided scoring down low, combining for less than 6 points a game, which must be some type of record! Brandan Wright is having similar scoring struggles.

The Mavericks style of play must have something to do with it, but this team still needs a big man down low to rebound and play defense in order to achieve anything (like Tyson Chandler when they won in 2011). Are trades in store?

This team is exceeding expectations this year, but that doesn’t matter to Cuban or the players on this team, because it’s either a Championship or bust. Is team chemistry worth risking? Will the gamble pay off if they take the chance?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #22
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

Kevin Love has suitors lining up

Anyone would love to a chance to have the All-Star PF in Minnesota. Who will he get him if he lives, and what will the Timberwolves get in return. The Wolves are in a tough spot because everyone knows they have little if any leverage.

The Lakers, Rockets, and Warriors are the biggest destinations for Love this trade deadline, but it looks like it will all be up to him. The Warriors could offer the best deal of David Lee to make up for the loss of rebounding and scoring for the Wolves, but Kevin will only sign with the team that he desires. There are a few dark horses in the race, such as the Celtics and Bulls, but no one suspects that they could entice Love enough.

Love went to UCLA, so the California teams start with a large advantage. We’ll have to wait and see which team Love and the Wolves chooses.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #23
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

V.

Mavericks have terrible 4th quarter, come up short

The Mavericks entered the final quarter with a lead of four points, and it looked like it was either team’s game. Fast forward 12 minutes of gameplay, and they had only increased their score by eight points. Yes, a measly eight points, something they’d gotten in a span of two minutes earlier in the game. What happened? The offense was clicking and firing at all cylinders in the first three quarters of the game, but it stalled when it came to crunch time.

Monta had a surprising game, not because of his points (23), but his 11 assists tied his season high. The Mavericks attempted 16 less field goals than the Bulls.

One of the few things the Mavs can be happy about after the loss is their defense. Holding a team with Derrick Rose, Carmelo, and Joakhim Noah to 87 points is no easy task. Those three alone could amass 70 points on a slightly above-average night. But it doesn’t matter how few points the other team scores if you don’t score more than them.

The Bulls entered the night with the 3rd best record in the NBA at 28-12. The Mavs are now tied with the Warriors for the 5th best record in the NBA, with the Spurs a half game back of them.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #24
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

I think I'm going to shut this down, I don't have enough interest, I should have finished it before the FA started. I was going to do a trade to get Tyson Chandler for Wayne Ellington, Dalembert, and Larkin at the deadline. Apparently me and Phil Jackson/Mark Cuban think alike. If I do another dynasty, I'll try my best to keep it going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »