Home

Life after (disaster) draft? - A "What if" NBA Dynasty

This is a discussion on Life after (disaster) draft? - A "What if" NBA Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #33
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Life after (disaster) draft? - A "What if" NBA Dynasty

Game Review: Pelicans 84, Spurs 94

11/8/14 - SAN ANTONIO, TX - The Pelicans (1-3) went on to San Antonio to face the defending champs in their first battle of the season. The Spurs, with a 4-0 start, haven't lost a game since last year's finals' Game 2, and they kept the streak alive after putting the Pelicans away by the score of 94-84.

The game was pretty close in the first three quarters, with the Pelicans keeping it a toe-to-toe contest and giving the champs a run for their money. Darren Collison finally decided to took better care of the ball as he finished the game with just 1 turnover and the Pelicans finally won the turnover battle, but it wasn't enough as the Spurs took off in the second half of the final quarter to put the game away.

"We couldn't stop them". - said Pelicans' center (and former Spurs') Tiago Splitter - "Mainly in the fourth, they scored when they wanted. Our defense has been pretty lackluster in every game this season and against these guys you have to play your best or they'll punish you. And that's exactly what happened".

Splitter had a good game against his former team, finishing with 14 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks. He seemed to be the only one who could slow Tim Duncan down, but the Big Fundamentals still finished with a double-double, scoring 16 points and grabbing 15 rebounds as the others Pelicans' big men couldn't do anything to stop him.

Now, things don't get any better as the Pelicans continue on the road to face the Lebron James-led Cleveland Cavaliers (3-2) at The Q.

The Good: Tiago Splitter and Darren Collison had solid games against one of the best (if not the best) teams on the NBA

The Bad: The Pelicans' defense allowed Aron Baynes, Splitter's replacement, to score 14 points while going 7-for-9 from the floor

The Ugly: J. R. Smith still hasn't found his groove in the Big Easy as he finished with just 1 made FG in 5 tries. He had 4 points overall.
I am the captain of my soul"

New York Islanders | Utah Jazz | Kansas City Chiefs | Aston Villa | Brazil!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:31 PM   #34
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

12/11/14 - Dante picked up a bit of the noodles from the cup in his front and took some time before taking it to his mouth. It was already dark outside and this was his first “meal” (if you can call a cup of noodles meal) of the day, but he didn’t care. He was still focused on his computer’s screen as he did all day, studying rosters and contracts to try to make a deal.

Carlton Michaels, his assistant, was helping him on the task but, right now, he was more focused on the TV as Boy Meets World was on the screen. Dante never imagined he’d see a 6’7’’ guy watching (and laughing) something like Boy Meets World but there it was. “And I thought I had already seen everything…” he thought.

- Man, this Eric guy is funny as ****. – Michaels’ deep voice startled him a bit

Dante only chuckled and kept focused on his noodles and his computer.

- Wow man, look at that. – said Michaels as he turned the TV’s volume down a little.

- What?

- “The Portland Trail Blazers and the Milwaukee Bucks just finished a deal that will send Larry Sanders to Portland” – he read in his computer screen

- Wow… that’s huge. Wasn’t he injured?

- No. “Personal reasons” said the Bucks’ office. Obviously the guy wanted out.

- And the struggling Blazers get a good guy to pair with LaMarcus Aldridge on the frontcourt. Scary… if both can keep healthy. And everyone knows how Portland is lucky with injuries.

- I still think Aldridge will walk this offseason. They won’t have the money to pay him what he wants.

- So it’s win now for them, huh?

- Sorta. Look. They sent Thomas Robinson, C.J. McCollum, Chris Kaman and this year’s first rounder for Sanders, Kenyon Martin and Khris Middleton.

- Wow. To be completely honest with you… I think the Bucks won this one. Two young guys with a somewhat high ceiling in T-Rob and McCollum… And they won’t be without a starting center as Kaman can do it. The guy’s old, but he knows his game. And that pick? Absolutely steal by the Bucks

- Hell man, I think it too. But I’ll wait to see how the Blazers will do.

The two spent some moments in silence looking at their computer monitors.

- Hey man. – started Carlton – I think I have some ideas.

- Shoot.

- It might be a little early to say it, I know, but the Rockets are underachieving. .500 at the 20-game mark surely isn’t what they expected.

- And what do we do about it?

- Pattrick Beverley is a good defender, but he isn’t good enough to run the James Harden Flying Circus. They need a guy who doesn’t demand the ball and still can feed Harden and, mainly, Howard.

- And what’s on your mind?

- We ship them Collison and they give us our first rounder back.

- Straight swap?

- Well you can try to get Isaiah Canaan or Alexey Shved so we have a backup point. And if they can’t absorb Collison’s salary, you can throw Jason Terry’s awful contract on the mix.

- Nice idea. I knew I was right to hire you. I will try to make it happen– said Dante patting him on the back.

Michaels’ smiled.

- I was thinking… - Dante started - about sending any of our frontcourt guys to the Suns for the Lakers’ pick. Maybe Wilson Chandler too. But they’re just 7-16 and rumors are popping that Goran Dragic will leave in the offseason…

- With a stronger frontcourt they could get a better record and even make a run for the playoffs.

- That’s what I thought too, but the Lakers’ pick have a pretty high value. I don’t know if we have what it takes to take it from them.

Carlton looked at his computer’s screen. "What about the Knicks?"

- Bargnani’s ridiculously bad contract, Langston Galloway and this year’s first rounder for Brandon Bass and Matt Barnes.

- Do you think they would accept it?

- I think so. They’d be dumping Bargnani and earning two guys who don’t demand the ball and space the floor so Melo can do his thing. Clock is ticking for them, they’re getting a little desperate in New York.

- There’s Stoudemire contract too. Almost sure they’d want to dump it.
- I’m not so sure about it. He’s been playing well this season. Not Suns-well but yet… and he’s healthy.

- And what do we do with J. R. Smith? Guy’s struggling harder than Tony Romo in the fourth quarter.

- Hey, Romo is underrated. – Dante laughed – I don’t know. Some teams could use his scoring punch but with the way he’s been playing lately… Don’t know if anyone would buy that.

- What about the Pacers?

- It would be a good choice but I heard they’re pursuing Arron Afflalo. Hardly. And the Nuggets aren’t making any big efforts to hold the guy. So that’s it.

Dante yawned. “Man, it’s getting pretty late already. Let’s get out of here. I will make some calls tomorrow to see what we can get”.

Carlton stood up and got his jacket, followed by Dante. The two men walked to the outside of the building. It was pretty cold as December was already at it’s half.

- See ya, Carlton. – said Dante

- See ya, Dante. – said Carlton while they shook hands.

As they went to different sides on the street, Dante stopped for a bit. He turned backwards:

- Hey! Carlton!

Michaels turned to face him. "What’s up?"

- What do you say we go to a bar one of these days? I still don’t know much people and places here and I don't want to drink all by myself. That's alcoholic.

- Man are you calling me on a date?

Dante laughed loud. “No. I’m just said we could get some drinks, meet some girls… I’m not from here, remember? I don’t know many things about New Orleans yet”.

“And I barely get out of my house anyway” – he thought to himself.

-Well, okay. Just say when and we’ll go. Why not?

- Cool. Thanks, Carlton. So… - Dante felt a little awkward – good night.

- Yeah, good night man.

They both turned back to their respective ways. Tomorrow would be a long, busy day.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:37 PM   #35
Rookie

smpipkin's Arena

Interesting idea. Am following. I like Chandler a lot, he can help you now and is good trade bait for later in the year. What made you pick NO?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #36
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpipkin
Interesting idea. Am following. I like Chandler a lot, he can help you now and is good trade bait for later in the year. What made you pick NO?
Chandler is a good player, I'm thinking of keeping him... let's see how we'll fare this year. I have no idea why I picked NO, though hahaha. It was sort of random. Thanks for your comment, hope you keep following

Old 02-17-2015, 06:42 PM   #37
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

12/14/14 - The phone rang up loudly for some seconds before he found it in the mess that he usually called "bedroom". It was Carlton, as the phone screen showed. They were going out tonight to "get some drinks and meet some people".

- Hey, Dante! Are you ready to go, man? - said Carlton.

- Just got out of the shower. I'll put up some clothes and we can go. It's getting kinda late already.

- Good. Yeah it's getting late but I'll take some time to get there. A buddy of mine asked me to go over to his house for a minute. Do you mind if he goes with us?

- Of course not. The more the merrier, right? I'll be on my way, though, so I can see how's the place.

- Cool, man. Meet you there.

--------------------------------

When Dante entered the place, he discovered that it wasn't quite what he had in mind. When Carlton told him about it, he imagined a simple bar where they could talk, meet people and drink until they fell on the floor. But this was a bit different. It was fancier. A LOT fancier, and it was like the owner couldn't decide if he wanted a pub or a restaurant, so there were tables where you could sit and eat from an expensive menu if you didn't feel like drinking as a skunk at the bar. The place was also somewhat clear, while the pubs Dante knew were usually darker. He liked it better.

He approached the bar and sat on a stool, asking the bartender for a coke so he could sip something while he waited for Carlton and his friend. Moments after he sat, he saw a man in a gray suit sitting in the stool right by his side.

- A green tea. - the man asked the bartender, but he didn't see it. He was looking at Dante. Staring, almost. - "Aren't you the Pelicans' new owner?"

Dante was a bit startled: "Y-yeah. Y-yes, I am."

- Tell me, isn't it hard to face this situation? - he passed his hand on his hair, combing it - Don't you wish you could just quit?

Dante felt really bothered by the man. The way he talked and what he was saying, it was very strange. His voice was cold and so were his eyes, to which Dante couldn't look at for more than a single second before feeling somewhat embarassed. The way he kept aligning his hair and suit was also something that bothered Dante.

- Quit? No. It was my choice. I wasn't forced to buy the team. Yeah, the situation is hard but I'll never quit. It's my job now to rebuild the team and bring joy to the people of this city. They deserve it after all they've been through, don't they?

- So... - the guy was looking at his nails like wasn't even paying attention - You won't quit? Even if something like it happen again? Even if something happen to you? - he stood up from his stool - "Give it a thought, Mr. Silva."

As he left, Dante wasn't bothered anymore. He was downright creeped. A lot, actually. He kept staring at the bar when he felt a hand touching his shoulder.

He jumped a little. " What the hell do you want now?" - he said turning himself only to see Carlton with a man besides him.

- Woah! Sorry, man! I didn't... I just... What happened here?

- Did you saw that guy who just left? In a suit? Preppy as hell?

- I didn't see it. Wasn't looking. What did he do?"

- He talked to me. Told some... strange things. I was a little scared after he left, that's it. Sorry dude.

Carlton smiled. "That's ok, man. If somebody ever lays a finger on you we'll crush the MF. Just let it go. Look, this is Victor Moore. He's the friend I told ya would be tagging along.

As Dante and Victor shook hands, Carlton asked the bartender for three beers.

- I don't drink beer, Carlton. - said Dante.

- You don't drink beer? - Carlton laughed. - You. Don't. Drink. Beer? What are you? A girl? And a young one because hell even my mother drinks beer. I thought you said we were going to get wasted today. How we'll do it? By drinking coke until the sugar launches us into a high?

Dante laughed loud. "Shut up, you big whiner. A man of your size whining? And you say I am the young girl here?" - he turned to the bartender. - "Look, forget the beers. Gimme three bottles of your finest whiskey"

He smiled to the other two guys.

- Gentlemen, tonight it's on me.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:24 PM   #38
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

Pelicans get back into the first round with two trades

12/19/14 - Just hours after beating the Rockets in their first meeting of the season, the Pelicans flipped two deals with the Knicks and... the Rockets. The team had no first round picks as they shipped their's from this year to Houston for Omer Asik.

However, given the current team situation, GM Dante Silva felt the need to get back to the first round. First, New Orleans sent Matt Barnes and Brandon Bass to New York for Andrea Bargnani, Langston Galloway and the Knicks' first rounder. The pick was necessary for the deal to happen as it would be hard for New York to dump Bargnani's terrible contract otherwise. Then, the Pelicans struck a deal to send starting Point Guard Darren Collison to Houston for Jason Terry, Isaiah Canaan and their own First Rounder back.

As much as it is hard to strengthen a fellow division rival, the Pelicans made two good deals. Although they aren't as bad as everybody thought they would be (they are even getting near .500, currently sitting at 11-14), they obviously are with their heads turned to the future rather than the present.

The Pelicans' front office released a note in the team's site hours after the deal was announced:

"We thank Matt, Brandon and Darren very very much. Imagine having to play for a new team all of a sudden. They did their best in these few games they played here and we from the New Orleans Pelicans and the entire city of New Orleans are grateful for what they did. We wish them luck in their new teams and welcome Andrea, Langston, Jason and Isaiah to our family"

The new players will already be available two days from now when the Pelicans play the first of a back-to-back at home and away against, respectively, the Trail Blazers and the Thunder.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:40 PM   #39
Pro

Reyes19's Arena

OVR: 5

Don't really like that deal for the Knicks, Bargnani is expiring and they're lottery bound.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:02 AM   #40
Rookie

esc1010's Arena

Is this Disaster Draft actually in NBA 2k15?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »