Home

Bringing back the Glory Days to Boston- NBA 2K15

This is a discussion on Bringing back the Glory Days to Boston- NBA 2K15 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2015, 07:14 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Bringing back the Glory Days to Boston- NBA 2K15

I am using SimWorlds' roster, sliders (with modifications for personal use), house rules. And the draft classes of CWSapp757, Blindsides, and Dreece. The SimWorld roster has been update to the deals up to the day I started. Meaning all trade deadline moves have been completed. So Patch 4 made some changes to the game and I needed to start a new MyLeague here it is. Also I have turned off use Roster injuries. Wanted to have a less realistic feel as it is MYleague.

Jeff Hill has taken over!!!

In his introductory press conference at TD Garden Hill said his main focus will be restore the glory that was brought to be Boston by guys like Red Auerbach, Theo Epstein, and Peter Chiarelli. He has taken over the role of GM of Boston Celtics. Danny Ainge promised fireworks this past offseason and he could not provide them and Wic Groesbeck decided it was time for Ainge to be handed his pink slip. Here is a small tidbit from that press conference.

Dan Shaughnessy: Jeff, you taking over for a Boston icon in "Trader" Danny Ainge, how do you feel?

Jeff Hill: Well Dan, I feel great to be given this opportunity by Wic. When I was in my senior year of high school in the greater Boston area, I was considering what I wanted to do with my life I said to myself. I want to be a GM of a big 4 sports team and my dream has been realized. Now on to Danny I have so much respect for Danny, and I wish him well. When I was growing up, I admired how he built the 2008 team that won the championship.

Bob Ryan: You are the youngest GM in Sports History, how does that feel?

Hill: Well Bob, I don't care at all about that stuff. I just want to get to grindstone and make this team matter again. Because it is becoming more apparent that the Celtics are the redheaded stepchild of Boston. They have little to no talent on this team. Yes I am blunt when it comes to evaluating these teams.

Rich Keefe: Jeff how do you plan on rebuilding because Danny got you a mountain of picks to spend? I think you have like 10 first rounders in the next 4 years to use.

Hill: Thanks Keefe, really loved listening to Keefer Madness, when I was growing up. So here is my rebuilding plan: I'm going to turn some of these picks into established players through trades and the draft just like the franchise is known for. We have won championships that way. That's how we got all of our stars throughout our history. We drafted Pierce, Bird, McHale, etc. And traded for guys like Ray Allen, KG, and Robert Parrish. Well that is all I have for today.

Last edited by redsox4evur; 05-03-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: Bringing back the Glory Days to Boston- NBA 2K15

October/November Update:

Jeff's thoughts:
We are currently sitting in a pretty poor position. We are 3-11 through 14 games, which the 2nd worst record in the league. Our leading scorer is Avery at 14.5 PPG. Leading Rebounder is Sully at 7.9 RPG. And leading assist man is Isaiah at 6.6 APG. So as you can see we are having trouble scoring the ball. We are the 5th worst scoring team in the league. Surprisingly we are in the middle of the pact in opponent's scoring. Also we are not turning the ball over that much we have the 3 least amount of TOs in the league.

Coach Stevens on team's Performance:

Well it's still early in the season and there has been a lot of change that has occurred. Included getting rid of 2 of our best players in Jeff Green and Rajon. Both were big parts of our team last season. So we have to adjust to the new guys we brought in like Marcus, Isaiah and Tyler. And this isn't a knock on anyone we have here but we still need a rim protector and I have been talking with Jeff and we have both seen that this is such a huge hole for us right now. So in the offseason I am hoping Jeff can pull something off and bring that type of guy in. I could care less how we get this whether it be a trade or through the draft, but right now that is a huge hole for us. I have couple of guys in my mind that I would like to see in Celtics green next year but I will not say who because of tampering charges and the loss of a college guy's eligibility.

News Around the League
POTMs: Lebron, Durant

On the Block:
Ryan Anderson NOP
Jeremy Evans UTAH
Nene WSH
Jason Richardson PHL
Justin Holiday GSW
Pablo Prigioni HOU
Taj Gibson CHI

Trades:
Lakers trade:
Steve Nash & 16 1st
Magic Trade:
17 1st & Dewayne Dedmon

FA Signings
Nuggets: Bynum 1 yr 3.44M
Jazz: Larry Sanders 1 year 6.07M
Hawks: Michael Beasley 1 year 2.02M

Games in December:
12/2: @ ATL
12/3: VS. DET
12/6: VS. LAL
12/7: VS. WAS
12/8: @ WAS
12/10: @ CHL
12/12: VS. NYK
12/15: VS. PHL
12/17: VS. ORL
12/19: VS. MIN
12/21: @ MIA
12/23: @ ORL
12/26: VS. BRK
12/27: @WASH
12/31: VS. SAC

Last edited by redsox4evur; 05-03-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Jeff's thoughts:

Happy New Year guys... and thank god at that. Man December couldn't have been a worse month for us. As you all saw we lost arguably our 3 best guys in Sully, Marcus and Avery. Now our Sr. Trainer said that Marcus was able to play through his injury. But with the way our season is shaping up I suggested to Brad that he should sit until he is fully healed and I am happy that Brad has agreed with me and that Marcus has been declared out until he is fully healthy. But we had a much better month as we finished with a 6-9 record.

Brad's thoughts:

As Jeff mentioned I was completely on board with his thoughts about Marcus. The medical staff called us into a meeting a couple of days after that Charlotte game to tell us about the injuries to Jared and Marcus. And we alerted that Jared tore his achilles and Marcus pinched a nerve in his back. So Jared was ruled out already. But they told it was up to us but Marcus could play through his injury. Jeff said that we should hold him because these things could lead to worse injuries and it wasn't worth it; with the way things are going this year. So that is why Marcus has not played since that game. But December was a much better month for us. We finished 6-9 and played some good opponents. So hopefully things are going to be on the up from here on out and we can be playing meaningful games come April.

Around the League:
Golden State and Cleveland hold the top seed in each conference. GSW has the better winning %.

John Wall and James Harden named POTM for their respective conferences.

Joel Embiid and Wiggins Rookie of the Months for each conference.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:45 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

January

Jeff's thoughts:

Man I have a lot of thinking to do this summer...another horrendous month. 2-14, 2 and ****ING 14. Let's just get this damn season over. But injuries have killed us this season. First we lose Sully and Smart. And then we lost Bradley. So we haven't had any luck there.

Brad:
Should I be scared for my job? No I don't think so, Jeff and I will talk about this when the offseason comes. And all of the changes that need to be made. Right now I shouldn't be the scapegoat. We have had horrendous luck this season with injuries. So my job hasn't been on the line this year. I don't even know why this is a subject right now.

Around the league:
GSW and CLE are the number 1 seeds right now. And the top 4 teams in the West all have winning %s over .700, FWIW Cleveland only at .673

George and Cousins POTMs

Elfrid Payton and Randle are ROTM.

Thunder Acquire Norris Cole.
Thunder Trade: Kyle Singler and Andre Roberson
Pelicans Trade: Norris Cole and Jeff Withey

Quin Snyder, Brett Brown and Jacque Vaughn fired.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

All Star Weekend Results:

BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge
Team Shaq v. Team Ernie
Top performances:

Team Shaq (Stars):
Jabari Parker: 32 pts 8 rebs 3 asts
Michael Carter-Williams: 18 pts 7 rebs 8 asts
Marcus Smart: 17 pts 13 rebs 10 asts
Cody Zeller: 15 points 12 rebs 1 blk

Team Ernie (Elites):
Dario Saric: 20 pts 4 rebs 3 asts
Giannis Antetokounmpo: 17 pts 2 rebs 3 asts
Dante Exum: 15 pts 5 rebs 8 asts

MVP:
Jabari Parker

Foot Locker 3PT contest:

Participants:
Stephen Curry GSW
James Harden HOU
Kyle Korver ATL
Damian Lillard POR
Kyle Lowry TOR
Wesley Matthews POR

Finals:
James Harden HOU
Kyle Korver ATL
Damian Lillard POR

Winner:
Kyle Korver ATL

Sprite Slam Dunk Contest:
Participants:
Terrence Ross TOR
Zach Lavine MIN
Markel Brown BKN
Ben McLemore SAC

Winner:

Terrence Ross score: 123

64th Annual All Star-Game:

East Top Performances:
Carmelo Anthony NYK 20 pts 4 rebs 3 asts
Paul George IND 18 pts 10 rebs 3 asts
Kevin Love CLE 10 pts 11 rebs

West Top Performances:
James Harden HOU 38 pts 7 rebs 7 asts
Kevin Durant OKC 18 pts 5 rebs 2 asts
Anthony Davis NOP 16 pts 7 rebs 3 asts

All Star Game MVP:
James Harden HOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

February:

Jeff thoughts:
Hahahahaha... love you when you ******* reporters go around and say you have sources. Read a couple of weeks ago that Brad was going to be fired any day now. I stated last month that Brad is NOT on the hot seat. He still has 4 years left on his contract and I fully expect him to be here for a couple more years right now. But on to the court stuff. We are currently sitting at 17-39. This has us in position to win the lottery or end up with a top 3 pick. We need to get that Rim Protector, and I do have some guys in my mind about who I want to get. Both at the college ranks and in the league right now. So hopefully by the beginning of next year we have that guy ready to go and in Boston.

Brad's thoughts:
I had a great time in Brooklyn for the ASG this year. It was a great game as well, minus the injuries to Lebron and John (Wall). I was able to get some scouting in for Jeff and we have been talking about which guys we think have the best chance of attaining and will benefit the team the most. All of the guys I had my eyes on were obviously all stars and we will have to give up a lot to get them. This will probably include our first round pick this year.

Around the League:
Lebron and Harden named players of the month.
Lebron is currently leading the MVP race followed by KD35 and Westbrook.
Rookie of the months: Jabari Parker and Julius Randle
Parker is the leading the way in the Rookie of the Year voting.
Danilo Gallinari is currently the best 6th man in the league followed by Andre Iguodala and Ryan Anderson.
Dwight Howard is leading Defensive Player of the Year followed by Anthony Davis and PG13.
Most improved player is Draymond Green followed by Wall and Giannis.

Rumors:
Trevor Ariza and Patrick Beverley on the move?
According to @ZachHarper and @JohnSchumann the Rockets are trying to move Ariza for Ryan Anderson.

Stevens on the Hot, gone before the season is over
According to @ChrisMannix and @PeterEdmiston the Celtics coach has pissed off management and is going to be fired before the final game this season.

Firings:
Derek Fisher out of NYK and Steve Clifford out of New Orleans.

Resignings:
LaMarcus Aldridge 3 years $49.82M

Trades:
Hawks acquire Marcus Morris.
Phoenix Trades: Marcus Morris and 17 2nd rounder
Atlanta Hawks: 16 1st and Elton Brand

Nets acquire Evan Fournier to boost to bench for the playoff push.
Nets Trade: 15 1st and Jerome Jordan
Magic Trade: Evan Fournier and Kyle O'Quinn

Hawks add more bench depth, get Dudley from Bucks.
Hawks Trade: Kent Bazemore 15 2nd
Bucks Trade: Jared Dudley
Old 05-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Regular Season Wrap Up:

Jeff's Thoughts:

Well this season didn't go as planned. I wanted to see some meaningful games in March and April. And these were but for the wrong reason. I was hoping to see us in the playoff picture but instead we were fighting for a top spot in the lottery. That is disappointing, we finished tied for the second worst record in the league with Sacramento. So we won the tiebreaker with Sacramento and got the number spot in the lottery. So we are guaranteed a top 4 pick. This will be a huge asset this offseason, whether I use it or I work into a trade.

Brad's Thoughts:
This season did not go as we had planned. But I know my job is safe so that is a good thing. Jeff was very understanding about how the season. We got hit hard by the injury bug. We lost Jared for a big portion of the season of the season due to his torn achilles. And there were times when we only had 2 of our original starting 5 in a starting line up on a given night. And this completely destroyed our chances at making a playoff push but next season is going to be different and more competitive. We WILL win more games and probably make the playoffs.

Around the League:

Awards:
MVP: Kevin Durant Thunder
ROTY: Andrew Wiggins TWolves
6th MOTY: Andre Iguodala Warriors
DPOTY: Dwight Howard Rockets
Most Improved: Draymond Green Warriors
Coach of the Year: Steve Kerr Warriors

All-NBA 1st team:
G: James Harden HOU
G: Russell Westbrook OKC
F: Lebron James CLE
F: Kevin Durant OKC
C: Demarcus Cousins SAC

All-NBA 2nd team:
G: Chris Paul LAC
G: Steph Curry GSW
F: Paul George IND
F: LaMarcus Aldridge POR
C: Dwight Howard

All-NBA 3rd team:
G: John Wall WAS
G: Kyrie Irving CLE
F: Anthony Davis NOP
F: Pau Gasol CHI
C: Marc Gasol MEM

All-defensive 1st team:
G: Jimmy Butler CHI
G: Patrick Beverly HOU
F: Paul George IND
F: Anthony Davis NOP
C: Dwight Howard

All-Defensive 2nd team:
G: Rajon Rondo DAL
G: Chris Paul LAC
F: Kawhi Leonard SAS
F: Tim Duncan SAS
C: Joakim Noah CHI

All-Rookie 1st team:
F: Andrew Wiggins MIN
F: Jabari Parker MIL
F: Julius Randle LAL
C: Joel Embiid PHI
G: Elfrid Payton ORL

All-Rookie 2nd team:
G: Marcus Smart BOS
G: Dante Exum UTAH
G: Langston Galloway NYK
F: Nerlens Noel PHI
G: Zach LaVine MIN

NBA Champions
Cleveland Cavaliers (4-2 over KD and the Thunder)
Finals MVP: Kyrie Irving 30.1 PPG 4.4 RPG 6.4 APG

Retirements:
(Big Names Only)
Kevin Garnett
Steve Nash
Vince Carter
Manu Ginobili
Ray Allen
Old 05-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Draft Lottery:

The CELTICS WIN THE LOTTERY!!!!! Finally, the fans of Boston can rejoice as all of the has finally came to a fruitful end. This draft is eerily similar to the 1997 draft where Tim Duncan was the consensus 1st overall and the Celtics had a great chance at winning the lottery, but that time as we all know they lost and Duncan became a Spur and the rest is history. But now the Celtics have the #1 pick in the draft. And promising Big man Dre Redd is sitting there for the Celtics or whatever team is there for him to draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »