Home

What NBA Relocation Dynasty Would You Like to See??

This is a discussion on What NBA Relocation Dynasty Would You Like to See?? within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Where should I relocate to in NBA2K16 MyGM or MyLEAGUE?
Seattle SuperSonics 4 16.00%
Sacramento Kings to Kansas City Royals 4 16.00%
Milwaukee Bucks to Louisville Cardinals 3 12.00%
Los Angeles Clippers to Las Vegas Aces 6 24.00%
Indiana Pacers to Cincinnati Bearcats 0 0%
Sacramento Kings to Pittsburgh Panthers 0 0%
Memphis Grizzlies to Vancouver 8 32.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2015, 04:37 AM   #1
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

OVR: 0
What NBA Relocation Dynasty Would You Like to See??

Hey guys I'm back and this time ready for a full blown dynasty to write out, this will be my first NBA dynasty here and will be my first on NBA 2K16 as well. I have written a few posts in some threads in the 2K Basketball sub-forum but now to kick it off I would like to cast a vote to see what team all of you would like to see play me play as in the League. I play on playing the first season as the usual team and keeping everything up to date but then decide on the relocation and thats when I'm going to really play this franchise to 100%. I will post my post here for people who haven't already seen it and my revisions will be italics. Hope you guys get a good read, and hope you vote and get involved if I get enough votes to start one. Thanks heaps, enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MyLEAGUE/MyGM Play: This is where I would like some opinion, I'm either going to start a dynasty with either Seattle or play for a year in MyGM as another team and relocate/rebrand them for the 2016 season. So i would like to know who would want to see what either a Seattle MyGM or MyLeague or a different team expansion in MyGM or MyLEAGUE. I have two lists, one for teams to relocate to Seattle and the other being a list of teams that could be relocated to. This will be posted and will play every 3 or 5 games maybe and post like Number999, and will be very in-depth and hope i could get some followers. So here they are (all of these have a sort of story in brackets):

Seattle Relocation Teams:

Philadelphia 76ers (Sam Hinkie gets owner group to agree for rebuild to move to Seattle)
Detroit Pistons (Owner troubles as team is sold and bought by the Seattle Sounders FC ownership group, with majority holder Joe Roth)
Atlanta Hawks (Ownership group sell Atlanta to the Seattle Sounders FC ownership group and focus on their other teams)
Minnesota Timberwolves (Club put in for move out of Minnesota to find a new beginning, after a failed relocation to Wisconsin and other close by cities, Glen Taylor sells club to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos who takes the T-Wolves back to the headquarters of Amazon, Emerald City)
Oklahoma City Thunder (Vengeance of Seattle fans, Joe Roth and 15 of Seattle's richest buy out OKC)
Golden State Warriors (Return to San Francisco doesn't work and Sonics swoop in, Jeff Bezos believes Seattle should be rebranded the new Golden State and Emerald City at the same time, and looks to build a prestigious club in his hometown.)
Sacramento Kings (Joe Roth and the Maloof family join forces to add the Seattle and Sacramento clubs together)
Portland Trail Blazers (Paul Allen literally goes from the Dark Side to being Luke Skywalker, leading his Blazers to his town of Seattle, where he is the owner of the Seattle Seahawks and Sounders, trying to become the good guy he always wanted to be)

Relocation Teams to Join the NBA:

Kansas City Royals (Sacramento owners sell their Kings to Kansas City, a former home of the Kings, this time declaring to make things right with no Omaha involved, and are renamed Royals after the baseball team, who new owner David Glass also owns. To commit more money to the new Kansas franchise the Maloof family also join forces with Glass as the new deadly alliance in the NBA.)

Louisville Cardinals (In the same name as their Collegiate affiliate the Kentucky side join the NBA and replace the Milwaukee Bucks as millionaire company owners, Oh-Hyun Kwon [Samsung] and Eike Batista [EBX Group], join forces as an international pair claiming to make history)

Las Vegas Aces (The rich city finally get a team as Los Angeles lose one in the Clippers after their rebrand fails and Steve Ballmer looks for a new start to fix the reputation of the team and himself. Seeking movement to his favourite city Seattle, and being denied, Ballmer decided that a close move to Las Vegas would do)

Cincinnati Bearcats (General Motors chairman/majority owner Tim Solso combines with former New Orleans Hornets/Pelicans owner George Shinn, who had enough basketball knowledge for Solso to help pay with, to buy out the Indiana Pacers whom Shinn said could work to become the next Big 3 in the NBA. Solso wanted a team that could create rivalry with one of the best teams in the East, and moved the Pacers to Cincinnati, to rival with the Cavaliers, as basketball freak Shinn said a LeBron vs PG13 would be a battle for king in Ohio)

Pittsburgh Panthers (The long owning family of the Steelers the Rooney's buy the club from Sacramento for a club recond $635 million and straight away move to their home of Pennsylvania and hope to rebuild but get fans to them straight away with their 18,000 capacity stadium)

Vancouver Grizzlies (Just like the relocation back in 2001 when the Grizz moved to Memphis this time they are moving back to Vancouver in a bit of Seattle vengeance style. The owners and other owners in the NBA thought it would be a good idea to have 2 Canadian NBA teams once again and Memphis owners thought it as a great way to get more fans involved. With wanting to create a new era the owners of the Grizzlies combine with Canucks Sports & Entertainment, a Vancouver exclusive ownership group )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope everyone enjoyed and thought that this was a good read, hopefully can get a few follows and ideas for a new dynasty, egar to hear what all you guys have to say and hope this starts something for me dynasty wise. Thanks heaps

{Author's Note: Please note this is not 100% accurate to the bone of things that have happened and some may not be realistic but some are only small, fun ideas}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also included all of the logos for all the teams (Sonics, Royals, Cardinals, Bearcats, Girzzlies, Aces and Panthers). Included also may be some jersey designs I will use if the team wins the voteand court ideas as well. They are for an idea of the teams but you can all use them as well. Hopefully a few votes come through and thanks for reading, voting will end whenever the NBA season starts or I may start early depending on if there is a team that is leading by heaps.

NBA 2K16 Relocation Teams 1.zip
NBA Relocation Teams 2.zip
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 07:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: What NBA Relocation Dynasty Would You Like to See??

Phila to Seattle imho. A team without superstars but with a bright future ahead. The best condition for a team that joins the League.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #3
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Clippers to Vegas -- Sin City Ballers! The storylines there will be great (NBA players in Vegas for half the season = lots of headlines).
Old 10-05-2015, 01:16 AM   #4
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gensi2k
Phila to Seattle imho. A team without superstars but with a bright future ahead. The best condition for a team that joins the League.
Thanks for voting and commenting man, a team with 3 future star centers would be great to deal with and then a move to Seattle sounds good
Old 10-05-2015, 01:21 AM   #5
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Clippers to Vegas -- Sin City Ballers! The storylines there will be great (NBA players in Vegas for half the season = lots of headlines).
Clippers to Vegas, star studded team in a star city. I was thinking about something to do with Sin City and Ballers is a good team name but just have any logos and tbh cant really create my own! They really would be and would have heaps of ideas for stoires on them.

Voting has been on fire, nearly my most voters ever and the Clips to Vegas leads by three to Seattle, Kansas City and Louisville (excluding my vote). Very happy this is active and people are interested and thanks for commenting and voting, keep it going!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 06:16 AM   #6
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7

Would like to see Memphis back in a bigger market. Grizzlies has always been a good playoff team, always taking the best teams to seven games. They would reap a great profit just playing in the playoffs.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:28 AM   #7
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamyice
Would like to see Memphis back in a bigger market. Grizzlies has always been a good playoff team, always taking the best teams to seven games. They would reap a great profit just playing in the playoffs.
Memphis would be great heading home to Vancouver. They are a very good team, and even though players are getting old could still try and make them a champion team. Back in Canada would be huge for them. Its not one of my places I would like to go to but from the unis to the court to the stories and players I do like the option. Thanks for commenting + voting
Old 10-17-2015, 04:07 AM   #8
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Only 10 more days until the vote deadline and Clippers to Las Vegas lead by 2, to Sac to Kansas and Bucks to Louisville. Because a fellow OS'er has done a Vegas Aces team I have thought of a really good idea to do with Clippers, Vegas, and Cali. Of course this one would need me to use MyGM and no one has a done a MyGM so i dont know if i should, or would you like to see a more legit MyLeague and I am a 100% stats freak especially with sport, so everything would be definitely on point in MyLeague, but would also enjoy a storyline based MyGM that I have thought about just worried with the contract and trade factor but everything else is 100%! Really excited to start this so silent viewers, comment your say, and if you havent dont be afraid just vote for your team who would you like to see and would like some suggestions if I should do a MyGM or MyLeague because of the contract thing. 10 days left and I'm pretty psyched. Thanks for all the support and votes guys and keep it going!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »