Home

Defining My Own Legacy | Karim "Freq" Bell

This is a discussion on Defining My Own Legacy | Karim "Freq" Bell within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2015, 06:48 PM   #9
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Defining My Own Legacy | Karim "Freq" Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamyice
Leggo beast! Lets get Karim outta Harlem into the Hall of Fame
you already know
thanks for the comment!
Old 10-04-2015, 06:49 PM   #10
All Star

beast10's Arena

August 11, 2011

Karim Bell to Parkside H.S.

Eric Jarrett
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Analyst

Karim Bell, of Harlem, New York, has made the decision to enroll at Parkside High School to play out the next four years of his prep basketball career.

Bell, a 5-foot-10 point guard, had a summer consisting of a college styled recruitment process that featured finalist high schools; Parkside and Fairview. At the end, Bell elected to go the private school route as he turned down attending the highly classified Fairview.

“There was a lot of consideration going into the decision,” Karim’s father, Pete Bell said. “Not only has basketball been a vital part of my son’s life but so has his education. We came to a conclusion that Parkside was the best option as it provided top of the line outlets for both options.”

Bell joins a Parkside basketball program that had an exceptional amount of success last season where they finished 24-4 following their upset loss in regionals of the NYSPHSAA Class B Tournament. He’ll provide an immediate impact to the graduation depleted roster that features just five returning members from the team.

Karim posted the following on his social media account

“I’m going to Parkside. It’s a lot of pressure but everybody knows that’s when I’m at my best... I really think I can come in and be great for Coach Johnson, even as a freshman.”

Karim has dominated the AAU Circuit throughout his middle school career. It has been enough for him to become a highly familiar face amongst the top of his graduation class rankings, which will be in 2014.

With that being said, college scouts will have a close eye out for this kid as he progresses through his career. He could very well be the makings of another star NBA prospect.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:41 PM   #11
All Star

beast10's Arena

“Yo, hand me my backpack, Vic,” I said as he gathered himself out of the backseat.

“I ain’t your slav— oh wait here you go man!” he said while handing me the bag with an over exaggerated smile.

I laughed knowing Vic was only straightening himself up because we were in the presence of my mom who drove us the distance to school for opening day. I swung open the door and stepped out the car where I immediately overlooked the large building that screamed historic as pillars, masonry, and expensive windows were its makeup.

It was definitely a leap out of Harlem… of course though, considering this was Manhattan. I was glad that this was where my next four years would be spent opposed to one of the broken down schools back home.

“See you boys later, have a great day!” my mom smiled.

We waved and she pulled off.

“Man this is pathetic,” Vic exclaimed. “Look at this ****ing uniform we’re wearing! Look at this ****ing school building! Do you even see any girls around here?”

“It’s all boys, Vic, how many times I have to tell you that? But don’t trip— this is one of the best schools in the area… if anything we’re blessed, it’s not hard to realize that.”

“No, you’re blessed… you know how much **** I had to go through just to get accepted here?”

“Hey but you’re here now aren’t you?”

“I guess, man. This is still stupid— we don’t belong here, we should be at Fairview with all the guys back in Harlem.”

“Sometimes you’re real ignorant, you know that? Here we are at Parkside High School and all you can think of is going back to the projects... don’t you always tell me how you want to get out of there some day? Well this is the ticket.”

“What the hell are you talking about, Freq? Basketball’s your ticket and I’m a F.O.F. so that means I’m with you on the ride, YOU ARE my ticket.”

“So basically you’re using me…” I nodded.

“Nah, you know it’s nothing like that. It’s just that we belong in Harlem, at least for now, not here in rich boy’s land. You feel me?”

“No, I don’t feel you. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity Vic, for both me and you… you focus on getting your grades up and me, I’ll keep putting in work on the court. Then we’ll both make it, you won’t even need me.”

“Man you sound like my ma— well nah never mind…”

Classes were swift with today being the first day… syllabus were handed out and discussed in every class and based on what the teachers were describing, I could already tell this school would be much more challenging than the Harlem School System which I flew through easily.

I didn’t see Vic too much. He had only regular classes while my schedule consisted of all honors and even Algebra 2 which was the highest math class available for freshman. I had to admit it was a little weird going through the day without seeing a single female outside of teachers but I guess I’d get through it.

In the meantime, Karim Bell was the guy to meet. It seemed like everybody I passed in the hallway went out of their way to greet me, it was no different as I headed to my ceramics class. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see a guy standing near an entire foot taller than my own fix-foot-ten frame.

“Hey, what’s up?” he said. “It’s Freq, right?”

“Uh, yeah they call me that but it’s really Karim.”

“Oh cool, I was kind of confused when I heard that,” he laughed. “But I’m Blake Gentry, I’m a junior. I guess you can figure it out that I play basketball too… but anyways, I heard a lot of good things about you, just wanted to welcome you to Parkside.”

“Alright thanks, man.”

“No problem and if you ever need anything you can just find me and ask. Cool?”

“Cool.”

“And by the way man,” he grinned. “I heard about you and Brendon back at the Rucker… seen the video and everything. All I got to say is that you’re going to have four great years here, bro. Count on it.”

Last edited by beast10; 10-04-2015 at 10:29 PM. Reason: She
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #12
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7

Karim getting blessed on campus, already grooming him to be jock around the lockers
Old 10-05-2015, 07:58 PM   #13
All Star

beast10's Arena

A week into Parkside High and I was already bombarded with homework as I sat at the dining table trying to get through it all. Meanwhile, the sounds of sizzling grease filled the aroma of the kitchen as my mom cooked up a meal for our family who had not all made it home just yet.

“So how’s everything going at your new school?” she asked.

“It’s cool, I guess. It’s definitely a lot different from the Harlem schools…” I said. “But you know I’m just doing what it takes to get through with good grades, as always.”

“Well that’s good to hear, I know you'll do great,” she smiled. “How’s Vic? Is he doing alright there?”

“I don't really know to be honest. I don’t see him too much but when I do he's usually complaining about how there's no girls and stuff, he says he would rather go to Fairview."

She laughed as she removed a pan from the oven, “Vic… boy is he something else but you’ve sure got to love him... you need to let him know how fortunate he is to be going there and NOT Fairview."

“What do you think I've been telling him!? He just doesn't listen... that's still my boy though, always will be."

She nodded, "Well, you just continue to focus and do your best there, especially since your dad and I are working our asses off at the post office in order to clear that $15,000 tuition… that’s going to be easy, you know."

“I know, ma.”

I finished up working on my math as the front door opened and my twin sister, CeCe, walked inside while quickly greeting us both before heading upstairs. People were always surprised when I told them I had a twin sister, they always claimed I was lying due to the simple fact that they never saw us together, which was actually true. We rarely ever spent time with each other, not because we had a bad relationship or anything, it was just really distant between us.

I knew things would only get worse with us now attending two different schools… I wished for differ but it seemed like she just never wanted to open up to anybody.

But anyways, I gathered up all my schoolwork and organized it in my binder before tossing it back into my bag. I stood up from my seat and headed over to the hallway closet where I grabbed my basketball along with some sneakers.

“Going to the Ruckers?" mom asked.

“If it's cool with you? I'll be back in about two hours."

“Sure, I'll have your plate ready when you get back."

Those two hours I said I’d spend at the Rucker yesterday stretched to about six… it was a grueling battle out there that caused me to stick around until the street lights turned on while the Rucker’s cut off, forcing everyone to eventually leave at around eleven.

This morning I was right back on the court as I grinded through a solo workout at just five in the morning. My eyes pled for rest but it didn’t stop me because I knew the hard work I was putting in was something 90% of all other athletes worldwide weren’t doing… it was the same hard work that'd one day get me to the top of that mountain that I once mentioned.

Grind now and shine later, as they say… I had then headed back to the house to get ready for school that'd begin just an hour later.

Vic and I walked up the entrance steps of the school when he suddenly stopped and turned around with a huge grin.

“Alright I was waiting for your mom to leave,” he smirked. "We're not going inside yet."

I sighed and leaned on the railing, “Come on Vic, what are you talking about this time?”

“Girls, that’s what I’m talking about. It’s an entire all-girls school right down the block and I didn’t know about this until yesterday! We’re going over there, right now, no question.”

“You talking about Covenant? Come on now, use your common sense, Vic, those Catholic girls ain't gonna give you any time of day.”

“Are you crazy, Freq, I don't care if they're Catholic, that don't stop me from doing my thing!” he said, pointing at Parkway. “Besides, you're forgetting the fact that we too go to a Catholic school! Now quit being a bitch and let's go."

“Alright whatever man… and you better watch that B word or unless you want to get your *** beat."

Vic laughed and led the way down the block where we arrived at the similarly built school building that had a courtyard full of only girls. It was a refreshing sight to say the least. Vic was immediately intrigued.

“Alright so here’s the plan,” he began. “We got our uniforms on so I’m going to go in and act like I'm lost and ask one of these broads for directions over to the school and then we’ll start making moves, alright?”

“That’s so corny.... if anything, they’re just going to call us idiots for going to Parkside and not knowing how to get to our own school.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Keep doubting me, Freq, just watch me work the magic."

Vic strolled into the courtyard loaded with confidence while I trailed behind. He had good taste in his selection as he stopped and approached a tall girl whose long brunette hair easily completed her flawless facial appearance.

I knew this was going to be be interesting... that thought was quickly faded as one bad move ended everything before it even started.

“Why’d you just touch me?” she exclaimed. "Why are you even here?"

“Uh, uh,” Vic stammered. “We, uh, we’re just lost and we were looking for directions to get back over to Parkside.”

“Welcome to the 21st century, look it up on your freaking phone you weirdo!“ she shouted while taking a quick look at me then back at Vic before her eye returned to me.

Vic shook his head in defeat, “You're right, but you know since we're already he—“

“Aren’t you that kid Karim?” she asked, interrupting Vic as she shifted her attention over to me.

I raised my eyebrows and nodded, “Yeah, that’s me. How’d you know?”

Another lady, or in particular one of the school's Nuns, came up and grasped her hands, pulling her away, “You boys know you shouldn't be around here! And Yvette, you know better!”

Old 10-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #14
All Star

beast10's Arena

Alright guys I'm probably going to be restarting this due to the fact that there's a few inconsistencies within the storyline because I didn't plan out this dynasty ahead of time.. new thread will come soon
Old 10-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #15
All Star

beast10's Arena

So I said I was going to be continuing this but I never got around to it... I can still return to it but before I do, I'm curious if you guys are even interested because if not I'll just skip it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 09:31 PM   #16
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm invested into the readings.

But if you're not invested, don't put time into something you're going to leave on a cliff.

It's ultimately up to you dude.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »