Home

Brooklyn's Finest | Life N Times of Louis Carter (NBA 2K16 MyCareer)

This is a discussion on Brooklyn's Finest | Life N Times of Louis Carter (NBA 2K16 MyCareer) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #33
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Brooklyn's Finest | Life N Times of Louis Carter (NBA 2K16 MyCareer)

NOVEMBER 13, 2015

|5-4| - VS - |5-5|

HARRIS DOMINATES IN WIN OVER HAWKS

ORL|25|27|23|35|110
ATL|21|20|28|21|90

ORLANDO MAGIC
Tobias Harris - 27 Pts, 5 Reb, 3 Stl 9/15 FG, 3/6 3PT, 5/7 FT
Victor Oladipo - 18 Pts, 3 Reb, 4 Ast, 8/13 FG, 2/4 3PT, 4/4 FT

ATLANTA HAWKS
Paul Millsap - 17 Pts, 5 Reb, 2 Ast, 6/14 FG, 1/4 3PT, 4/6 FT
Kyle Korver - 17 Pts, 3 Ast, 6/12 FG, 3/3 3PT, 2/2 FT
Louis Carter - 8 Pts, 6 Reb, 2 Ast, 4/7 FG

JORDAN PLAYER OF THE GAME

Tobias Harris
Old 01-14-2016, 12:44 PM   #35
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Over Before It Started

Well, it, uh, it doesn’t look like Louis Carter is getting up, Clark.

You’re right, partner. He tried to stand, but he immediately sat back down. He looks to be grabbing the back of his foot.

Oh, no. Let’s hope it’s just a sprain, but it looks like it may be a bit more serious than that. He’s managed to get to his feet to the applause of this packed
arena here in Atlanta and he is being helped to the locker room by teammates Bazemore and Tavares.

We wish him all the best and we will keep the fans updated on his status as soon as we know something.

#################################

No! No! No! This is not happening right now!
Louis’ thoughts were racing. Inside his mind he was screaming, but he was trying to remain calm on the surface. No need for a breakdown. I haven’t even seen the doctors yet, he thought.

He was sitting with the team doctors who confirmed what his thoughts. A few moments later his agents burst in the room Jon was on the phone, probably talking to his mother.

“How you feeling, man?”

“Like my rookie season just ended, Malcolm! What the **** kinda question is that?”
He took a deep breath and apologized to his agent. “I’m just….like what’s going to happen?”

“You’re going to have surgery and you’re going to go through rehab and then when the season starts next year, you’ll be ready to go. Might even be ready for Summer League.”

“So just like that, what about all the endorsement deals that you had lined up? I guess I just blew those, huh?”

“Let us worry about that in the morning, okay? Right now, your health is our focus. Who doesn’t love a good comeback story? I smell an ESPY.”

That made him chuckle.

“There’s my guy. King Louis in number 13. We gon be alright,” he said in his best Kendrick Lamar voice.

That made Louis laugh.

“There you go, Simba,” said Jon handing him the phone. “I got your mom and sister on the line so why don’t you fill them and then we can address the media circus outside.”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 12:44 PM   #36
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Game Results

NOVEMBER 13, 2015

|6-4| - VS - |4-6|

HAWKS LOSE CARTER, PULL OFF WIN AGAINST KINGS

SAC|25|27|23|30|95
ATL|22|25|28|25|100

ATLANTA HAWKS
Al Horford - 23 Pts, 9 Reb, 4 Ast, 7/11 FG, 1/3 3PT, 6/6 FT
Jeff Teague - 18 Pts,2 Reb, 7 Ast, 7/14 FG, 4/5 FT
Louis Carter - 12 Pts, 5 Reb, 2 Ast, 5/7 FG, 2/2 FT

SACRAMENTO KINGS
Rude Gay - 20 Pts, 3 Reb, 3 Ast 10/17 FG
Rajon Rondo - 15 Pts, 6 Ast, 4/11 FG, 1/4 3PT, 4/4 FT

JORDAN PLAYER OF THE GAME

Al Horford
Old 01-20-2016, 04:43 PM   #39
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Surprise Visitor

The Atlanta Hawks won their last home game of the season defeating the Boston Celtics by a score of 101-94. It was a good game all around as the Hawks had already locked up the third best record in the Eastern conference. They still had two more games left on the road before the playoffs began, but it wasn’t going to change anything for them win or lose. If everything plays out as it should, they will face the Brooklyn Nets, who had a surprisingly good stretch of games after the All-Star break sneaking into the playoffs and then climbing even higher to take the sixth seed. While Louis was happy for his teammates, he was upset that he could only watch from the sidelines.

“It gives you something to look forward to next season right,” said teammate Al Horford. “You’ll be back. We’ll be back. It’s all good. Take it from someone who has been there.”

Louis had spent a lot of time with Al and Kyle Korver while he was recovering from his injury. He had seen all of his teammates at one time or another, but those two came over the most. Going over game film and just keeping him sharp. He had developed a bond with the two veteran players and he appreciated them keeping him in the fold. He started working out on the anti-gravity treadmill in late March and was excited to be up and moving again.

“I guess you’re right. A little motivation never hurt anybody.”

“That’s right.”

He went to the locker room to listen to Coach Budenholzer give a post-game speech. It was still weird to be sitting here in street clothes instead of in his Hawks uniform like his teammates, getting ready for the playoffs. But he’d be there to cheer them on for every home game.

One day at a time, he thought to himself. I’ll be back in no time.

####################################

Making his way into his apartment, Louis finds his mother and sister lounging in his living room. His sister had been living with him since the New Year and his mother would travel to Atlanta between photography jobs. He told her not to make a fuss over him and that he would recover just fine. She quickly informed him that he was her “baby boy” and that she had every right to worry.

“Smells good in here, Mama. What’s cooking?”

“I’m not sure. Why don’t you ask the chef?”

Louis gave her a confused look and walked into the kitchen to find Chelsea standing at the stove wearing a red chef’s coat.

“Surprise?” She half says, half asks while holding a spoon with what looked to be some red sauce on it.

“That’s an understatement. What are you doing here,” he says walking over to giver a hug. They talked off and on, but he hadn’t seen her in months. “I haven’t seen you since the Nets game.”

“I know. I ran into your mom while I was in Brooklyn and she told me that she was coming down here. I actually had some time off so here I am. I needed to get out of New York for a minute. And I thought you could use a good home cooked meal. Especially when I found out Marie was here taking care of you.”

“I heard that, CJ,”
Marie said as she came into the kitchen for a glass of water. “I can cook.”

“I think he needs more than Froot Loops and Ramen noodles to aid in his recovery.”

“She’s got a point,”
Louis chimed in.

“Shut it, Lou. When is dinner going to be done, Chef Jarrett? The smells coming from this kitchen have just been driving me crazy.”

“Two minutes. Have another glass of water.”

This felt right to him. CJ in the kitchen joking with his sister, his mom watching television in the living room. Like a family.

“Can you set the table, Sis?”

“Set the table? What are you talk--”
she was cut off when Louis started raising his eyebrows and jerking his head toward the dining room. “Right. The table. I’ll, uh, I’ll do that.”

He hopped onto the counter next to the stove and leaned over the pot.

“What you making? Can I have a taste?”

“Shrimp fra diavolo,”
she says to him holding up the spoon.

“I don’t know what it is, but it tastes delicious. Spicy. Is that shrimp in there?”

“Yes. It's in the name," she laughs. "Thanks. Glad you like it.”

“How long are you in town for?”

“I leave the day after tomorrow.”

“Cool. I will give you as much of a tour of Atlanta as I possibly can in 24 hours. I know you’ve already picked out what restaurants you want to go to. Food snob.”

“Maybe I have,”
she says as she shoves his shoulder. “Go wash your hands.”

He hops off the counter and goes to his guest bathroom. This has to mean something right? She flew all the way from New York to see me. To see me. The King is moving out of the friend zone. This is probably the only positive to come out of this injury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »