Home

End of the Great Tank: A 76ers Dynasty [NBA 2K16, PS4]

This is a discussion on End of the Great Tank: A 76ers Dynasty [NBA 2K16, PS4] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2016, 03:12 AM   #1
Rookie

unkram's Arena

OVR: 0
End of the Great Tank: A 76ers Dynasty [NBA 2K16, PS4]

End of the Great Tank?

In a move that shocked many around the league, Philadelphia 76ers general manager Sam Hinkie announced his resignation earlier today. Hinkie steps away from an organization that has been tanking for years, stockpiling draft picks and young assets for the future.
“The future is now,” newly minted GM Brandon McKenzie stated at his press conference. “Mr. Hinkie has put this organization in an enviable position. We are asset rich, with plenty of cap room to spare. And I'm promising you, fans of this proud franchise, that starting right now I am going to do whatever it takes to turn this team into a winner. Thank you.”
McKenzie, who has spent the last 3 seasons working closely with Pat Riley in Miami in an unnamed role, certainly has the confidence. What remains to be seen is if he can turn around a floundering 76ers organization. Only time will tell…
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 03:16 AM   #2
Rookie

unkram's Arena

A New Process...

McKenzie paced his new office, looking at the photos hanging on his wall. Wilt. Moses. Barkley. The Answer. At the end of the photos hung an empty frame. My frame...but whose photo will hang here?
He loved Nerlens’ defense but didn't think he fit along with Jah. So, who is more valuable? Who do I move?
--A knock--
“Mac?”
“Coach! Come on in. I wanted to talk to you.”
Head coach Brett Brown walked in, taking a seat next to McKenzie’s desk. “What's up, Mac?”
McKenzie never asked Brown to call him Mac, in fact he usually groaned whenever someone did, but for some reason it didn't bother him coming from his coach. “Brett, we gotta get you some help on the floor. We gotta start competing.”
“No arguments here...I love teaching. Love it. But losing takes its toll. Have anyone in mind?”
McKenzie smiled. “As a matter of fact, I do.” Mac glanced toward the photos on his wall. “Let's talk about Jah...about moving Jah.”
Old 01-08-2016, 07:20 AM   #3
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Re: A New Process...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkram
McKenzie paced his new office, looking at the photos hanging on his wall. Wilt. Moses. Barkley. The Answer. At the end of the photos hung an empty frame. My frame...but whose photo will hang here?
He loved Nerlens’ defense but didn't think he fit along with Jah. So, who is more valuable? Who do I move?
--A knock--
“Mac?”
“Coach! Come on in. I wanted to talk to you.”
Head coach Brett Brown walked in, taking a seat next to McKenzie’s desk. “What's up, Mac?”
McKenzie never asked Brown to call him Mac, in fact he usually groaned whenever someone did, but for some reason it didn't bother him coming from his coach. “Brett, we gotta get you some help on the floor. We gotta start competing.”
“No arguments here...I love teaching. Love it. But losing takes its toll. Have anyone in mind?”
McKenzie smiled. “As a matter of fact, I do.” Mac glanced toward the photos on his wall. “Let's talk about Jah...about moving Jah.”
^On board for any move away from Okafor. Honestly, he's not a bad player -- just too raw on defense to be any use for the next 2-3 years. Nerlens is a savant on defense and feasts off easy looks, which is ideal in a league that has so many guys who want to get their shots.

The better question is -- what are you gonna do about Embiid? He's another big who's more defensive than offensive, but he's also an injury risk. I'm of the opinion that a desperate team (IE, someone who consistently misses out on big name FAs) would take a chance on him.

Looking forward to what you're gonna do and following, of course.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:17 PM   #4
Rookie

unkram's Arena

Re: End of the Great Tank: A 76ers Dynasty [NBA 2K16, PS4]

New Sixers Front Office Deals Rookies

If new 76ers GM Brandon McKenzie wanted to grab headlines, he certainly did that today. Whether or not it was a good trade will likely be debated for years to come. In a stunning move, the Sixers moved rookie center Jahlil Okafor to the Chicago Bulls for power forward Nikola Mirotic, veteran center Joakim Noah, and two future protected first round picks. Philadelphia also sends rookie guard TJ McConnell to the Windy City to complete the deal.

McKenzie stood behind the podium and read a brief statement formally announcing the trade: “Moving Jahlil was a tough decision. We have no doubt that he's going to be a very good player in this league, but we decided to move forward with Nerlens (Noel) as our guy down low. For Jah, it's a chance to go home and play. For us, we add a very promising Nikola Mirotic, as well as a passionate veteran in Noah to lead a young team.”

Old 01-10-2016, 11:23 PM   #5
Rookie

unkram's Arena

A New Process...

Coach Brown paced his new boss’s office. “You better be right about this. For both of our sakes.”
“Nerlens is who we build around. A defensive stalwart, an offensive game that will grow. He’ll embody the toughness of this franchise. People are going to fear coming on here, and soon, Coach.”
“So, what next?”
“Joel. I love the kid. Love him. But we have an offer, and I don't know if he's ever going to play meaningful minutes for us. With Nerlens starting, Noah behind him...we have a chance to bring in Deron Williams.”
“Mac, that's going to be a nightmare! He's home in Dallas, and to bring him here, for a rebuild? He's not going to be happy.”
“They're rebuilding in Dallas, too. Sure, he's home. But I know Deron, we have a good relationship. And he’ll come play ball. I know he still has some in the tank. The draft is full of point guards; we bring one in next year, he learns behind DWill, then take over. This can work, Coach. This will work.”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2016, 11:30 PM   #6
Rookie

unkram's Arena

"Trader Mac" Strikes Again

The Philadelphia 76ers traded their second young big man of the week, moving oft-injured Joel Embiid to the Dallas Mavericks. In return, Philadelphia receives guard Deron Williams and center Zaza Pachulia.

McKenzie, a virtual unknown two weeks ago, is now the talk of the league after trading the number three pick in each of the last two drafts.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:35 PM   #7
Rookie

unkram's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
^On board for any move away from Okafor. Honestly, he's not a bad player -- just too raw on defense to be any use for the next 2-3 years. Nerlens is a savant on defense and feasts off easy looks, which is ideal in a league that has so many guys who want to get their shots.

The better question is -- what are you gonna do about Embiid? He's another big who's more defensive than offensive, but he's also an injury risk. I'm of the opinion that a desperate team (IE, someone who consistently misses out on big name FAs) would take a chance on him.

Looking forward to what you're gonna do and following, of course.
Thanks for checking it out! I had a hard time moving Embiid...just because I really don't know what his value is right now. Dallas seemed like a good spot, and I think Deron can help us for a couple of years. I'm toying with the idea of playing him at the 2, along side Ish Smith, to start the season. I'm one game in, and so far not incredibly impressed with Williams...but the roster still needs some work. And I need to learn how to play with them.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:14 AM   #8
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkram
Thanks for checking it out! I had a hard time moving Embiid...just because I really don't know what his value is right now. Dallas seemed like a good spot, and I think Deron can help us for a couple of years. I'm toying with the idea of playing him at the 2, along side Ish Smith, to start the season. I'm one game in, and so far not incredibly impressed with Williams...but the roster still needs some work. And I need to learn how to play with them.
Bold trades. I don't hate them; I think you could have gotten more for Okafor from the Bulls. Noah+Portis and those two firsts would have been my go-to trade there, but to each his own.

And Embiid to Dallas is what I did, to (they fit the profile); good luck with Deron. I have always hated playing with him ... he's just too slow at the point with me. He's a fine sub, but he's a better two-guard, so I'd play him there (but, his minutes there will be at the expensive of your younger guys).

A backup frontline of Noah and Zaza is solid; those two vets are good for ten wins between them, easily. Love, would like to see him win a title, but he's one of the best teammates the NBA has. He'll be good leadership for this squad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »