Home

Reed's NBA 2k16: Bringing the magic back to Washington!

This is a discussion on Reed's NBA 2k16: Bringing the magic back to Washington! within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2016, 11:43 PM   #1
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Reed's NBA 2k16: Bringing the magic back to Washington!

Hey guys it's ya boy Reed here and I am usually in the WWE area of the forum but I am venturing out and doing something a bit different. In addition to my WWE Universe thread (which you can find in my signature) this will be my first time doing an NBA thread using Sim World's fictional league rosters and draft classes. I will be using the Wizards since they are the closest thing Maryland has to a basketball team haha! Just a bit of background on me before I get into this.....I graduated from the Broadcasting Institute of Maryland in August with a degree in the News/Sports program there. I want to be a commentator for my career but really I can do anything involving writing or voicing news and sports. So this is just another way for me to improve on my skills and I currently work for an internet radio station called Rockacious Radio as a sports reporter. I hope you all will join me on this ride as this is my first time using Sim World's rosters and draft classes but I have heard so many good things about the work these guys do. I'm super excited to get this going!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #2
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Re: Reed's NBA 2k16: Bringing the magic back to Washington!

IN FOR THE RIDE!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Old 01-31-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

photo Wizards Logo.jpg
Pre-Season Report: The Washington Wizards come into this season with a new head coach in the form of Byron Reed who will be taking over despite the team's performance last season which saw them make the playoffs and advance to the second round before being eliminated by the Philadelphia 76ers. Coach Reed has stated that he knows he is taking over a team with great talent and that he has all the confidence in the world they can be a force in the East. Reed will be inheriting one of the best teams in the East and a great player by the name of Chris Bishop Jr. He finished 3rd in the MVP race and even made First Team All-NBA last season. The Washington area is buzzing about Bishop Jr and how he is the key to his teams' success. Though there are some out there who are not so sold on Bishop. On ESPN's First Take, Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith debated about Chris and if he can lead the team to a championship. Here is an excerpt from their debate....

Skip: Look Stephen, you know we rarely agree on things and this is another one of those situations where I will have to disagree with you. The only reason why the Wizards got as far as they did last season was because of Bishop Jr. There is no way, and I mean NO WAY that they can do it again with him as the primary option. They have to find other guys to step up. I compare him to LeBron James when he first got to Cleveland. A great talent himself, but he does not have the pieces around him to make it work and is forced to do it all by himself.
Spoiler

Stephen: See Skip, that's where you're wrong man. Chris Bishop Jr is a phenomenal player I agree with you there but you see, like your boy LeBron, he has shown that he can do it by himself. He may not have taken the Wizards to the finals, but what he did do was just as impressive. And you say the guy has no talent around him? Have you seen his young Power Forward Carlito Fernandez, if not I suggest you go watch him play because that kid can ball. With him and Justin Day at the 4 and 5 spots, they are going to help Chris tremendously this season mark my words!

Rumors: Since Coach Reed has gotten to Washington he has been really impressed with the way Carlito “Houdini” Fernandez has played. He has connected with the kid and Fernandez opened up about his uncle John Fernandez who plays shooting guard for the Bulls. Carlito has always expressed an interest in playing with his uncle but he realizes it may be a pipe dream with John on the tail end of his career. Word is that Coach Reed has been in talks with the Bulls about a possible trade to try and make a family dream come true.

Season Preview: The Wizards come into this season ranked 7 in the NBA.com Power Rankings and number 3 in Marc Spears Power Rankings. Both of these are good signs if you are a Wizards fan. The team is ready to go and they will do so when they kick off the season against the Charlotte Hornets.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Old 01-31-2016, 02:27 PM   #4
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

A solid team from the get ! John and Carlito would be a dope pairing. Just gotta figure out how to win alot early with Justin day out but I'm sure coach reed will figure it out! And skip is wrong. Chris bishop Jr can do it all by himself he is a friggin animal.!

Old 02-01-2016, 12:59 AM   #5
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

Oh ill be following!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #6
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

photo Wizards Logo.jpg
The Washington Wizards open the season on a high note with a close win over the Orlando Magic (typo in last post my bad) 106-102. The game was back and forth from the opening tip off with 13 lead changes in the first quarter alone. Carlito Fernandez led the way in scoring finishing with 29 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks. Chris Bishop Jr. was right behind him as well finishing with 28 points,6 rebounds and 4 assists. The game looked to be getting out of hand in the third quarter as the Magic took the lead and extended it to 9 at one point. Coach Reed called a timeout and in the huddle could be heard telling Bishop to "put the team on his back" and he responded by finishing the quarter with 14 points and cutting the Magic lead to 2 to start the final quarter. Down the stretch it was the tandem of Carlito and Chris who led the charge and really willed the team to victory tonight.
Both guys in the post game press conference said that they were determined to start the season off right and what better way to do it than with a big time win in a close game. The Wizards move to 1-0 and will end their early two game away trip with a game against the Milwaukee Bucks.

Coaches Notes: This game was really intense from the get go. There were a lot of things I saw out there that I liked, for example the scoring from our go to guys was there and that helped keep us in the game. Our fast break points were great too as we dominated that area of the game. That's something I would like to see us do game in and game out because I love when we get out and run the floor like that. There were also a lot of things I did not like and one of those is a pet peeve of mine and that is our free throw percentage. To be blunt it was terrible tonight. The Magic shot 83% while we shot 60%. Tonight it was good enough to win, but we could have helped ourselves out a ton more had we made more free throws. That percentage has to increase as the season gets going or else we will be spending some extra time in practice on free throws. I also have to give credit where it's due to the Magic tonight. James Sash was shooting the lights out and we really didn't have an answer for him. He's got some serious talent and I have a feeling he's going to keep them in many games this year.
Team Comparison:
Spoiler
>

Wizards Box Score:

Magic Box Score:
Spoiler

Old 02-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #7
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

I'll give credit where credit is due man. The magic are extremely talented and as a first time sim world user to pull out a win shows your basketball knowledge. You utilized the strength of your team which is Carlito and bishop and it resulted in the win. It wasn't pretty but hey that's why we coach the game. Congrats on the first win coach. I also am curious as to whether or not you would possibly put Day on the trade block If you keep this level of play up during his absence? Not sure where the age of your roster stands at the moment but if you are able to win without him i would look into it. It might be the difference between a few games this season but could also set up your franchise for long term success.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #8
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

As of now I have all intentions to work Day into the rotation when he comes back. It's not all that often you find a guy like him who can stretch the floor at the Power Forward position and i know he can be a problem for defenses, I would rather him be giving other teams fits and not mine haha.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »