Home

Maize's Timberwolves (NBA 2K16)

This is a discussion on Maize's Timberwolves (NBA 2K16) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #17
MVP

Maize08's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Maize's Timberwolves (NBA 2K16)

Celtics Win Lottery; Lakers Leave Without Pick
May 17, 2016
The 2016 NBA Draft will start with the Association's winning-est franchise having the first pick. The Boston Celtics won the top pick in the upcoming draft, in a pick they had from the Brooklyn Nets. That was part of the trade that sent Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to Brooklyn; costing Brooklyn the rights to their own picks over the next three drafts.

The Celtics will now have the difficult decision of picking between the likely top two prospects in the draft: Duke's Brandon Ingram and Ben Simmons of LSU. Simmons has been the top player in the class for much of the process. That was before Ingram's play at Duke elevated him to consideration. Ingram has drawn comparisons to Kevin Durant. While Simmons is a point forward type that has a similar build and ability to LeBron James. Both could be franchise players, yet both come with doubts.

Both Ingram and Simmons were on-hand for the annual Draft Lottery, with both quiet about their desire to go first in June's draft.

This year's draft lottery was going as-planned, until the envelope for the team with the 4th Pick was announced. Deputy NBA Commissioner Mark Tatum announced the Los Angeles Lakers had fallen out of the top three, and were awarded the #4 pick. That pick now belongs to Philadelphia, who owned the right to the Lakers' pick (which was only top three protected). A disappointment for the Lakers, and a big coup for the 76ers.

It was Utah having flipped into the top three that left L.A. without their own draft pick. The Jazz ended up with the 3rd pick, having moved up one spot. After #3 was read, the drama turned to the final teams remaining: Philadelphia and Boston.

The 76ers had the best odds at the top pick going into the Lottery. While Boston won the top pick, Philly can still be considered a winner: Now having the second and fourth picks in the draft.

The 2016 NBA Draft takes place on June 23rd, and will be televised on ESPN. Below is the draft position for the lottery teams, 1-14.

1. Boston Celtics (via Brooklyn)
2. Philadelphia 76ers
3. Utah Jazz
4. Philadelphia 76ers (via LA Lakers)
5. Sacramento Kings
6. Minnesota Timberwolves
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Milwaukee Bucks
9. Charlotte Hornets
10. Atlanta Hawks
11. Orlando Magic
12. Toronto Raptors (via New York)
13. Phoenix Suns
14. Portland Trail Blazers

Old 02-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #18
MVP

Maize08's Arena

2016 Western Conference Finals

#1 Golden State vs. #3 LA Clippers
Golden State beat Los Angeles in 6 games

2016 Eastern Conference Finals

#1 Cleveland vs. #3 Miami
Cleveland beat Miami in 5 games

#1 Cleveland vs. #1 Golden State

Old 02-27-2016, 11:44 AM   #19
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

1 vs. 1. Rematch.

Cleveland goes home losers again, I think. Warriors in five; can't stop that death lineup.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #20
MVP

BlindSideNZ's Arena

OVR: 0

Thoroughly enjoying the read so far Maize. I would definitely like to see Minnesota start climbing up the rankings, the amount of potential on that team is ridiculous. If you can keep it all together you could be in for an extended run either at or near the top and for that reason I will definitely be following this.

As far as the Finals goes, I'm going to agree with Trek that the Warriors will repeat. I just don't think Cleveland has what it takes but it will take at least 6 games.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #21
MVP

Maize08's Arena

Timberwolves Hire Tom Thibodeau
June 12, 2016

The Minnesota Timberwolves have hired Tom Thibodeau as the 12th Head Coach in the franchise’s history. Thibodeau, 58 years old, spent this past season away from the NBA sidelines. It was the first year since 1995 that he wasn’t coaching an NBA team. Thibodeau had been the Head Coach of the Chicago Bulls for five seasons, compiling a 255-139 record. In that stretch, the coach affectionately known as 'Thibs' took the Bulls to the playoffs in all five seasons and was named NBA Coach of the Year in 2011.

Thibodeau took one year away from basketball and treated it like a sabbatical. Visiting with multiple teams, working with ESPN, he even made the rounds during Summer League and training camp. “It was great for me,” Thibodeau mentioned at his introductory press conference, “I needed the break. The way things ended (in Chicago), it was perfect for me to enjoy last year. I’m a better coach for it.”

The potential of being a better coach should put fear in the hearts of Timberwolves’ opponents. A fierce competitor and fiery coach, Thibodeau got the most out of his teams in Chicago. While he is often credited with his defensive tactics, Thibs worked his way up in the NBA by developing talent. He is credited for the progress of Yao Ming in Houston, and for the peak of Derrick Rose and development of Jimmy Butler into a legitimate star player.

His knack for player development and defensive prowess is a perfect fit for the Timberwolves. Working with the young nucleus of Karl-Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins and a host of young starting-caliber players; even Thibodeau mentioned “this is the perfect fit.”

“I’m excited about working with this group. I’m familiar with some of the guys, a few of them came around Vegas (for Team USA practices). Guys like Towns and Wiggins, there is talent and a good core. Just needs some work. And they better be ready to work.”

Even being away from NBA sidelines, Thibodeau was still active as an Assistant Coach for Team USA basketball. An assistant under Mike Krzyzewski, Thibodeau will be traveling with the team for the 2016 Olympics this summer.

“I’m still going to be a part of USA basketball, it’s a big honor and I have really enjoyed the experience. Working with Coach K and all the players, I want to be there when this team fights for another gold medal.”

Before he travels to Rio for the Olympics, Thibodeau will have his hands full with the Timberwolves. It’s clear he will have some say with the team’s personnel. It’s expected he will have a close working relationship with GM Milt Newton. That control had to be part of Thib’s reason in choosing the Timberwolves over other teams that interviewed him, like the Knicks and Kings.

Starting right away, Thibodeau will have to fill his coaching staff and start scouting for the NBA Draft. Minnesota owns the 6th pick in the draft, the chance to add another player to the team’s young core. Fans and NBA analysts are thrilled with Minnesota’s future under Thibodeau. He seems poised to build another contender.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 10:35 AM   #22
MVP

Maize08's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
1 vs. 1. Rematch.

Cleveland goes home losers again, I think. Warriors in five; can't stop that death lineup.
Good prediction. About to post the Finals, it's interesting how the playoffs played out. I think it's pretty realistic, and this is the Finals match-up everyone expects at this point. Thanks for following along with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSideNZ
Thoroughly enjoying the read so far Maize. I would definitely like to see Minnesota start climbing up the rankings, the amount of potential on that team is ridiculous. If you can keep it all together you could be in for an extended run either at or near the top and for that reason I will definitely be following this.

As far as the Finals goes, I'm going to agree with Trek that the Warriors will repeat. I just don't think Cleveland has what it takes but it will take at least 6 games.
Thank you! You're right, the team has a ton of potential. Especially with the way Towns is playing, I think they could be a contender in a few seasons.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:37 AM   #23
MVP

Maize08's Arena

#1 Cleveland vs. #1 Golden State

Game Results
Game One: Cleveland 89, Golden State 101
Game Two: Cleveland 99, Golden State 92
Game Three: Golden State 112, Cleveland 104
Game Four: Golden State 95, Cleveland 96
Game Five: Cleveland 87, Golden State 93
Game Six: Golden State 111, Cleveland 103

Finals MVP: Stephen Curry | 31 PPG, 4 RPG, 8.5 APG, 2.2 SPG (54% FG%/43% 3PT%/88% FT%)

Old 03-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #24
MVP

Maize08's Arena

Players Retiring
Kevin Garnett, MIN (21 years, Hall of Fame)
Kobe Bryant, LAL (19 years, Hall of Fame)
Paul Pierce, LAC (18 years, Hall of Fame)
Vince Carter, MEM (18 years, Hall of Fame)
Pau Gasol, CHI (16 years, Hall of Fame)
Andre Miller, SAS (17 years)
Jason Terry, HOU (17 years)
Metta World Peace, LAL (17 years)
Tayshaun Prince, MIN (14 years)
James Jones, CLE (13 years)
Pablo Prigioni, LAC (4 years)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »