Home

Maize's Timberwolves (NBA 2K16)

This is a discussion on Maize's Timberwolves (NBA 2K16) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 12:19 PM   #65
MVP

Maize08's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Maize's Timberwolves (NBA 2K16)

NBA Power Rankings - Teams #1-10

1. Golden State Warriors
Starting Five: Stephen Curry/Klay Thompson/Harrison Barnes/Draymond Green/Andrew Bogut
Additions: C/PF Brandon Bass, SG Garrett Temple
Big Question: Is a three-peat possible with some change on the bench?

2. San Antonio Spurs
Starting Five: Tony Parker/Danny Green/Kawhi Leonard/LaMarcus Aldridge/Tim Duncan
Additions: C/PF Damian Jones
Big Question: One more for the road?

3. Cleveland Cavaliers
Starting Five: Kyrie Irving/Iman Shumpert/LeBron James/Kevin Love/Tristan Thompson
Additions: SG/SF Joe Johnson, C Ian Mahinmi, SG Gary Neal, SG Malik Beasley
Big Question: Same nucleus in tact, what changes for the Cavs to win the title?

4. Oklahoma City Thunder
Starting Five: Russell Westbrook/Ian Clark/Kevin Durant/Serge Ibaka/Steven Adams
Additions: SG Bogdan Bogdanovic, PF Tyler Hansbrough
Big Question: Westbrook, Durant & Ibaka - NBA title or a break-up of the band?

5. L.A. Clippers
Starting Five: Chris Paul/J.J. Redick/Jeff Green/Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan
Additions: PG J.J. Barea, C Chris Andersen
Big Question: Griffin trade talks continue; Is this the year they get over-the-hump?

6. Atlanta Hawks
Starting Five: Dennis Schroder/Jordan Clarkson/Rudy Gay/Paul Millsap/Al Horford
Additions: SG/PG Jordan Clarkson, SF/PF Rudy Gay, C Joakim Noah, PF/C Donatas Motiejunas
Big Question: Hawks brought in change/depth, does it improve their odds at a Finals run?

7. Toronto Raptors
Starting Five: Kyle Lowry/DeMar DeRozan/DeMarre Carroll/Thad Young/Jonas Valanciunas
Additions: PF/SF Thad Young, PF/C Skal Labissiere, SG Gerald Henderson
Big Question: Can Toronto become a title contender with upgrade at the forward spots?

8. Miami Heat
Starting Five: Goran Dragic/Dwyane Wade/Justise Winslow/Chris Bosh/Hassan Whiteside
Additions: PF/C Cody Zeller, PG Ty Lawson
Big Question: Riley struck out in free agency, brought in some depth, can it help?

9. Memphis Grizzlies
Starting Five: Mike Conley/Kent Bazemore/Tony Allen/Zach Randolph/Marc Gasol
Additions: SG/SF Kent Bazemore, PG Aaron Brooks, PF Domantas Sabonis
Big Question: With an unproven bench and aging core, where do the Griz go from here?

10. Boston Celtics
Starting Five: Isaiah Thomas/Avery Bradley/Jae Crowder/Ben Simmons/Dwight Howard
Additions: C Dwight Howard, PF/SF Ben Simmons, C Diamond Stone, SF/PF Al-Farouq Aminu
Big Question: Will Coach Stevens find a good rotation & get the most out of Dwight?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #66
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

OVR: 1

Whoa Phoenix got Noel without having to give up a 1st?
Old 03-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #67
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
Definitely questionable on Philly's end. How you give up Noel without getting back at least Devon Booker or a guard between Bledose/Knight is beyond me. Noel has proved his staying power in this league for sure.

BUT, remember who's basically running the 76ers now: Jerry Colangelo. The same man who was the first GM of the Suns back in 1968 and was their GM throughout the 70s, 80s, and 90s before stepping away. The dude has a VERY long history with Phoenix and this smells like a hometown deal (much like the Boston trade for Kevin Garnett back in 2007 -- McHale traded Garnett Ainge for practically nothing, two old Celtics teammates hooking up for one last great play for the franchise).

I don't find it unbelievable at all. Philly got rid of Noel for space, essentially, as Embiid -- their savior -- looks to be back finally.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:04 PM   #68
MVP

Maize08's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
I was totally shocked by that. It was one of the AI trades right when you're simulating into the season. I was shocked, I think Knight could have easily been a part of that deal, maybe instead of Goodwin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Definitely questionable on Philly's end. How you give up Noel without getting back at least Devon Booker or a guard between Bledose/Knight is beyond me. Noel has proved his staying power in this league for sure.

BUT, remember who's basically running the 76ers now: Jerry Colangelo. The same man who was the first GM of the Suns back in 1968 and was their GM throughout the 70s, 80s, and 90s before stepping away. The dude has a VERY long history with Phoenix and this smells like a hometown deal (much like the Boston trade for Kevin Garnett back in 2007 -- McHale traded Garnett Ainge for practically nothing, two old Celtics teammates hooking up for one last great play for the franchise).

I don't find it unbelievable at all. Philly got rid of Noel for space, essentially, as Embiid -- their savior -- looks to be back finally.
Yes, and I remember that Hinkie and the Sixers like Embiid at the 4, they drafted him thinking he could compliment a big man. I'm not sure if that remains to be the truth, after two years without basketball. I adjusted Embiid to be a PF/C after the trade. Plus, I added Saric to the roster as well.

You're right, could be a bit of home cooking. I thought it was a strange deal.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:06 PM   #69
MVP

Maize08's Arena

2016-17 Minnesota Timberwolves
#NAMEPOSAGEHTWTFROMOVR
19Jerryd BaylessPG/SG286'3"200Arizona74 OVR
88Nemanja BjelicaPF286'10"234Serbia73 OVR
24Jaylen BrownSF/SG206'7"221Cal.72 OVR
4Bojan DubljevicC/PF256'10"242Montenegro69 OVR
5Taj GibsonPF316'9"225USC76 OVR
1Tyus JonesPG206'1"185Duke71 OVR
8Zach LaVineSG/PG216'5"181UCLA77 OVR
12Luc Mbah a MoutePF/SF306'8"230UCLA68 OVR
15Shabazz MuhammadSF236'6"225UCLA78 OVR
14Nikola PekovicC306'11"285Serbia75 OVR
9Ricky RubioPG266'4"180Spain76 OVR
32Karl-Anthony TownsC/PF206'11"250Kentucky85 OVR
22Andrew WigginsSG/SF216'8"200Kansas83 OVR

Coaching Staff
Head Coach - Tom Thibodeau
Associate Head Coach - Mike Longabardi
Assistant Coach - Andy Greer
Assistant Coach - Ed Pinckney
Player Development Coach - Kevin Garnett
Player Development Coach - James Posey
Trainer - Gregg Farnam

Last edited by Maize08; 03-30-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #70
Banned

This team has so much young talent. Lavine only one who can shoot in backcourt so hes very valuable. I hope you were working on Wiggins 3 point shot so he can become a beast in the game. Brown can be 2way player but its going to take him while, also work on his 3 point so he'll be 3+D guy.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan

Yeah no way the trade ever is happening in real life. Also Colangelo isnt running the 76ers, hes 70 and lives in Phoenix. He's there as an advisor for Hinkie and that is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2016, 11:33 AM   #72
MVP

Maize08's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
This team has so much young talent. Lavine only one who can shoot in backcourt so hes very valuable. I hope you were working on Wiggins 3 point shot so he can become a beast in the game. Brown can be 2way player but its going to take him while, also work on his 3 point so he'll be 3+D guy.
The 3 point shot is definitely not a strength for our team right now. I think we need to bring in more shooters. I think Wiggins is on a Kawhi Leonard type of trajectory. There's a chance he becomes the team's best defender and the second leading scorer on a good team. Having Towns takes the pressure of Wiggins now.

You're right about LaVine, he's very valuable. Same with Shabazz, having some shooters will be important on the wings. Jaylen Brown is pretty raw right now, but I like his future where Jason Richardson is his floor and Vince Carter is his ceiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus10
Yeah no way the trade ever is happening in real life. Also Colangelo isnt running the 76ers, hes 70 and lives in Phoenix. He's there as an advisor for Hinkie and that is all.
I agree. I think if Phoenix added Brandon Knight, it's a pretty good and believable trade. Then there's a back court of Ish Smith and Brandon Knight, allowing Kris Dunn to work into the rotation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »