Home

The Chronicles of Coach Stewart: Sim World Fictional Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Chronicles of Coach Stewart: Sim World Fictional Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2017, 09:56 PM   #9
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: The Chronicles of Coach Stewart: Sim World Fictional Dynasty

Just wanted to pop in to say that your team is garbage. Good read so far though
Old 01-25-2017, 06:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Keep the posts coming! Love reading about other people's games! Although it's hell at the moment the bucks should be fun! Dixon pick n roll with your reserve pf Griffin will be great to play with! Throw that man some lobs!!! He has Hof posterizer and Hof Lob finisher I believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-26-2017, 01:56 AM   #11
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Great reads Stew
GO BUCKS!
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 04:45 AM   #12
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFCconner
Keep the posts coming! Love reading about other people's games! Although it's hell at the moment the bucks should be fun! Dixon pick n roll with your reserve pf Griffin will be great to play with! Throw that man some lobs!!! He has Hof posterizer and Hof Lob finisher I believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Thanks man appreciate it! It has been very fun. Im going with a slower approach this go around, not covering game by game, like i did last year, burnt me out. But they will be coming. And I love Emmanuel. I can be down 40 points, and be freaking out with excitement because of a sick dunk he just did. Hes been keeping me sane.

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Old 01-26-2017, 04:49 AM   #13
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Chapter 3: Tis' The Season

The date is December 1st, I haven’t bought anybody Christmas presents. But tis the season. Tis the season of losing. Tis the season of teams dropping 130 on you. I was a little nasty in chapter two. I’ll attempt to lighten it up this go around.

I knew what I was getting myself into. Victoria didn’t. She was sure we were making the playoffs. She jumped on the hype train as well after the summer league championship. Ever since hoisting that measly trophy that said we were summer league champs, she’s been telling everyone that I’m the Leagues version of Coach K. Women. Smh. We are sitting here 4-12 as of December first. A lot has happened. But lets start from the beginning.

I waived David Goodirch and Bozidar Ehrlich for Kyle Reedwater and Chase Reynolds. But as we got the season underway I was on the lookout to move C Jazz Sharpe and PF Leon Tucker. Both guys have two years left on their deal, and are below average depth. Ill take anything at this point to get them off the books. Don’t you guys think its funny how I say I when there is clearly a GM in charge? This is
my team. It might not be now, but it will be.

After all of the hours spent in Training Camp and in the preseason, this was going to be my rotation come opening day. Treyvon Dixon is that guy. You got boys. You got teenagers. You got men. But Treyvon? He’s that guy. He could steal my wife. He simply stands out and is a playmaker. Creates a lot for his teammates and you cant really ask more from a excellent point guard. Im hesitant to start him at 32 minutes a game as he only played 44 games last year, but Damarion James has shown nothing this far. His signing was a mistake that we are going to have to eat the bullet for and Treyvon will need to play that many minutes, possibly more. God please don’t let him get injured.

C Nihat Kermoglu is a special breed. Great at setting screens, can play with his back to the basket, has a decent middy and can protect the rim, but is incredibly slow. Like he knows when to help on the defensive end, but his athletic ability limits his help defense. And when I say slow, I mean it. Robert Deniro slow. You can see it on the tape. His head is on a swivel, constantly and you can see he that notices he needs to go help, but the concrete blocks attached to his fibula and tibia that he calls his feet just don’t move as fast your average overweight American. And his slowness is the reason why the rookie Willie Nickels is getting the start at PF. He is a decent rebounder, rim protecter, and scorer. Not bad. Especailly for a rookie. No where near athletic as PF Emmanuel Griffen, but he doesn’t have the defensive awareness to compliment Keimoglus lack of speed. Which leaves us with SG Desi Richardson and SF Deandre Gervin. Phenomenal athletes, who have yet to put it all together yet. Both are definitely a work in progress and to me are just guys who are capable of being good wing guys for this team but right now incredibly inconsistent. One day one of them can drop twenty points, and the next game have a big fat 0 on the scoring column.

Chase Reynolds WAS the surprise rookie FA acquisition that worked his tail off and showed incredible versatility, which made him the 6th man of our team as we started off the season. (Boy was I wrong, but we will get to that in a bit.) Antonio Ramirez, did the little things right and got the nod over Reedwater. Yes he can shoot the lights out, but needs to work on his defense to get in the game. Young guy. Wasn’t going to get minutes just yet. Sheffield is an another athletic player on my team that is a hard worker, but the development just isn’t there yet. And we already know about Damarion James. The team actually calls him Damn it James thanks to me. Ive probably said it 1000 times since the start of training camp.

If there is one god damn thing I want to point out, it’s the fact that I am done with these athletes. When it comes to the Draft and Free Agency, im going to pound the table to prevent over valuing these athletes. GM Justin Halsne has clearly overvalues them in the past, and its got to stop. He isn’t the only one. Too many times, coaches and GM’s think they can make super athletic players, into superstars. That happens once in a blue moon. I have no problem with athletic players, but they have to have the other things. Great work ethic. Good fundamentals. Great awareness. And for the love of god. They must be able to play defense. Defense will be key for us in the offseason. Along with scoring, rebounding, and plenty of other things. You guys wanna know a fun fact of the day? Through 16 games we are allowing a league high 117.3 ppg. God why did I accept this job offer.

The shock of the season was Chris Sapp putting us at number 21 in his power rankings. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Yes we showed potential, but that was incredibly high for us in my opinion. It appeared to me that Chris had hopped on the same boat my wife was on, and it was then that i knew clearly that I had front row seats for the screening of the Titanic part two.

I knew the ship was going to sink, and the iceburg hit when SG Antonio Ramirez came into my office 4 games into the season to say he didn’t sign up for this. He said he clearly should be starting and that he thought we were going to be a contender. Tis must be the season of getting high. Seriously though if you are reading this. Don’t do drugs. He was 31 years old. Getting paid 8 million dollars this year. And he had, had enough 4 games into the season? Good greif. I knew what set him off though. Desi had bruised his left heel and couldn’t play against the Pelicans, and I put Kyle in to start. Yeah Antonio was the better player. But I was prepping for the future. Plus it would be the perfect welcome to the league experience for Kyle. To let him get dunked on by Trey Tripplet multiple time. Anywho……

I told our GM, Justin Halsne , that Antonio wanted out and he said he would work on it. Justin even had the courtesy to ask me what kind of player he should go after. I told him someone who can play defense, and someone that can shoot. I came into the office the next morning and he said SG Quan Wilder will be flying in from Denver, and that we had sent Antonio Ramirez and a future second round pick for him. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Quan was the last guy I thought we would get, because he wasn’t the prototypical athelte Justin was used to salivating over. Now I know you are reading this and thinking did they just land a superstar? And to answer your question, the answer is no. He played zero minutes for the Nuggets this season for a reason. But he would be our best perimeter defender, that had the ability to make a three point shot here and there. And was only 20 years old. Tis is the season! He was on a contract year this year, but I think he will realize that Milwaukee will be a great place for him. He would get his minutes as we had the worst roster in the league. I told you I was going to lighten it up this go around.

The whole month had gone and we had lost more game then Sapp expected. We were a lost cause. Victoria still had the same stupid grin on her face every morning when she kissed me goodbye. I could see that she seriously thought we were going to comeback and make a playoff run. Wilder was a great addition, but this fixing was going to take a while.

So what else happened during the month of November? I found out that Chase Reynolds was very similar to Soulja Boy’s albums. Just trash. Kyle Reedwater showed that despite not playing defense, he could still find a way to get minutes on this roster.. I moved Quan to SF, and brought Kyle Reedwater up. I wanted a deeper rotation, and I didn’t want to play Damn It James at the two. He already struggles enough trying to learn one position. A lot had happened. But I think that covers the main thing. But there are ways to dig deeper into the bleeding, and find some life. Lets do that….

One fun fact about my wife and I are that we are big on Anal. That is short for Analytics. We actually took a statistics class together in college. Life is crazy. Anywho, its apart of the game and its here to stay. Now it’s not the say all, be all some people make it out to be, but they are interesting to look at. Analytics is a double edged sword in my opinion. It can show you things that the tape doesn’t. For example, even though Damn it James is always messing up, he is shooting 44 percent, and only averaging 1.4 TPG. Well the tape clearly shows that Treyvon is clearly better. And it can also show you good things despite the tape. For example, Nihat is incredibly slow, but his length allows him to be the 3rd best center in Steals per sword. Double edged sword my friend. For this month ill just be looking at the stats, in our assessment of our team. Maybe next month if we can win some more games, ill look at advanced stats or per 36 minute states. Or even team stats. We will see how im feeling.

How about Treyvon playing like a top 5-point guard in the league? And you are thinking well what about him leading the league in turnovers and having an abysmal shooting percentage of 39 percent? Well hes trying to do so much and doesn’t have the talent around him. That is one of those things where you have to watch the tape. I think those numbers will taper down as we continue on with the season, and if they don’t, I guarantee you they will when we surround him with better talent. Lets move onto Nihat. Hes looking like an above average center. He is what he is. Hes slow. But like I told Dreece on his radio show. Hes got heart damn it. Another one of those things you only see on tape. The rookie is playing fine. And is exceeding expectations. Just look at that 40 percent from the three. Willie is giving us good value for the 11th pick. But the man I want to focus on is PF Emmanuel Griffin. He is such a spark plug for us. Yes, I was talking about how he lacks defensive IQ earlier, but he’s putting up tremendous numbers for us with only 19 minutes. Numbers match up with Willie yet Emmanuel is having 8 less minutes per game then Willie. Why is that? You are thinking, shoot, Emmanuel should start. Well maybe, but the tape shows that our offense primarily is run through Nihat and Treyvon with sprinkles of Willie, Desi, and Gervin. Where as our bench’s main scorer is anyone who can get it going. And so far Emmanuel has shown that he is very capable of doing that so far. Pretty sure Emmanuel is also is leading the league in souls taken by posterizers as well. I expect to see him in the Dunk contest this year. Be on the lookout. Quan’s stats are a small sample size. But he is efficient. 43 percent from the field and 39 from 3? Not too shabby. But none of these stats show on the dog in his defense.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. Here are the league leaders if you are into the kind of stuff my wife and I are in.

"Make the Bucks Great Again"

-Coach Stew

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers

Last edited by raiderz4eva; 01-26-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #14
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Least you got some wins under your belt! It'll be a good thing going forward!

Reed is comin' atcha!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »