Home

The Rebuild of The Highlight Factory! Atlanta Hawks My GM

This is a discussion on The Rebuild of The Highlight Factory! Atlanta Hawks My GM within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Rebuild of The Highlight Factory! Atlanta Hawks My GM

Hawks season didn’t start out so hot 2-8 the first ten games. Coach Bud and GM Travis Glenn weren’t seeing eye to eye either. Coach Bud wanted to keep the same starters in while Travis wanted coach Bud to start playing younger guys. Christmas Day was when the Hawks pull the trigger on there first trade of the year. Hawks Record 9-22.

Hawks Trade:
Jonathon Simmons
For
76ers 21’ first round pick
Jared Baylee’s

Hawks GM said “We love Jonathon and he has a bright future ahead of him with Philadelphia but we are in a rebuild and getting picks helps this.”

Coach Bud told the AJC “I have no clue what he’s doing in the office but we just lost a leader.”

Hawks extended Brice Johnson contract right after the move to a 3 Year 15 Million Dollar deal, Johnson is averaging career highs in every category, Points 21 per, Rebounds 8 per, Blocks 2.5 per game. GM and the Owner are both very happy with his improvements and love that’s he’s locked up in Atlanta with a friendly deal. February 1st Hawks roll in with the worst record in the NBA with a 13-34 record losers for 5 straight. Hawks GM made another move bringing back and old Atlanta Hawks veteran.

Hawks Trade
Tyler Cavanaugh
Scotty Hopson

For

Kyle Korver
1st round 22 Cleveland

Hawks sign RJ Hunter for the rest of the season. Hawks going into all-star break with the worst record in the east and 2nd worst overall. Coach Bud told the AJC “I expect to be replace at the end of the season two years in roll I cant communicate with these players. I under a rebuild but nothing this serious the owner and GM doing.”

Playoff Picture:

East:
IMG_0355.jpg
IMG_0356.jpg

West:
IMG_0358.jpg
IMG_0357.jpg

League Leaders:

Rebounds:

Assist:

Steals:

Blocks:

Hawks Players Stats:

Hawks Release Draft Board:

Injury’s:
Mike Conley biggest name to be out all season

Trades:
Biggest Name Steven Adams to the Pacers

All-Star Game:

Elite vs Stars:

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #10
Rookie

Hawks second half of the season with a 13-12 record but still fell 29-53 overall. Owners Lewis Meyers and GM Travis Glenn have both decided to clean house on the overall staff after the season.

MVP:
IMG_0371.jpg

Rookie of the Year:
IMG_0372.jpg

6th man of the Year:
IMG_0373.jpg

Defensive Player of the Year
IMG_0374.jpg

Most Improved player of the Year:
IMG_0375.jpg

Coach of the Year:

Executive of the Year:

All-NBA Teams

Defensive Teams:

Rookie Teams:

Playoffs:

Champs:

Finals MVP:

Old 03-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #11
Rookie

Players Retiring:
Jamal Crawford
Zach Randolph
Tony Parker
David West
Andre Iguodala

Coaches Retiring:
Jacque Vaughn 31 Years in the league

Hall of Fame:
Tony Parker

Draft Lottery: Hawks come in to the draft lottery with the 2, 5, 6, 9, 11 best odds for the first pick and also 3 is the Grizzlies but they have a top 5 protection on the pick.

IMG_0388.jpg

GM TG: This is the most important draft in franchise history. The possibility of having 4-6 players in the top 10 is crazy. I’m very excited for the draft lottery. I do believe there are about 10-12 All-Stars and 20 good players this draft.

Draft Lottery results:
The Atlanta Hawks got the results they wanted! They ended up with the number 1 overall pick. GM Travis Glenn said I’m super excited to get the pick now we need to get a staff together and start coming up with a plan. This year draft class is loaded there talent al over but we need to figure out what our biggest need is. We aren’t going to rule out trading down or maybe trading up with other draft picks.

IMG_0401.jpg

Staff turnover:
Hawks GM and Owner did what they said and that was clean house. Hawks fires there CEO, Assistant GM, and Trainer. Head Coach Mike Budenholzer, Assist Coach John Smith and Scout Lucas Florey all contract expired and they don’t plan on bringing them back in. Hawks have interest in former Hawks great Doc Rivers. GM Travis Glenn said “We have a schedule interview with Doc coming up but we also have a few others schedule, he would be amazing fit for the team and his experience and NBA championship experience would be a nice fit with the young talent.

Doc Rivers says no to the Hawks coaching job and after 7 days the Hawks haven’t lock up a Head Coach or Assist Coach going to the NBA combine.

IMG_0409.jpg

Breaking News, the Atlanta Hawks have found there new Head Coach and Assist Coach. Herb Kay the 30 year old from UCLA who was the assistant coach is now the Head man for the Atlanta Hawks and Alexander Gordon from Miami Is now the Assistant Coach combine neither guy has head coaching experience or coaching in the NBA.

Herb Kay said “I’m very excited for this opportunity to be the Hawks next Head Coach. My main focus is the draft where we got the number 1 pick. I know everyone is doubting me and my experience but just wait I’ll be able to Coach these guys.”

GM TG said “We in Atlanta are lucky to have this guy. Every coach I’ve talk to raves about his attitude, details, and coaching style. We are a young team so why not bring in a young coach.”

IMG_0408.jpg

Atlanta New Staff
CEO: Andrew Moore
Assistant GM: Andrew Sanderson
Head Coach: Herb Kay
Assistant Coach: Alexander Gordon
Head Scout: Lucas Flory
Trainer: Randy Martin

Draft Profiles:
1. DeAndra Ayton the number one overall player on most mock drafts, Ayton been mostly compared to David Robinson but I believe he can be like Joel Embiid but more athletic. Ayton averaging 22 pts, 14 Rebounds and 5.5 blocks per game.

IMG_0389.jpg

2. Luka Doncic could go anywhere from 2-10 just depends on what the teams needs. He often been compared to Gordon Heyward or Manu Ginobili. Luka averages this year 25 Points per game 6 Rebounds 6 Assist on 50% shooting from 3.

3. Collin Sexton Aka Young Bull is a tough strong athletic PG. Hes another guy that’s a top 5 prospect but with this loaded draft class he could go father down the draft. He’s been compared to Russell Westbrook and Eric Bledsoe. He’s averages this year 23 Points 5 Rebounds 8 Assist and 3.5 steals per game. A local kid from a high school in Georgia the Hawks are high on him.

4. Trae Young Mr. College Basketball, the kid can shoot from anywhere. He has the Steph Curry range and will pull up from half court if needed. He average this year 27 Points, 9 Assist this year.

5. Marvin Bagley, an NBA GM once said this kid is a once in a generation type player. He will have to improve his defense at times he takes plays off on that end. Best NBA comparison is Chris Bosh but some say if he can learn how to dribble better he could be a Kevin Durant type player. Most big boards have him going 1 or 2 with Ayton. He’s averages this year 25 Points, 13 Rebounds, 5 blocks per game.

6. Michael Porter Jr. only played (real life) three games this year due to a back injury but in those games everyone came out saying he has Kevin Durant potential. Most draft boards have him going anywhere from 3-7. He’s averages 30 points 7 rebounds and 5 assist per game.

7. Mo Bamba the long range center. This guy has a 8 foot wing span, will need to put weight on but has the potential to maybe be an Anthony Davis type guy or better with his length, some say he could also be Rudy Gobert. He average 17 points, 16 rebounds, 4 blocks per game this yr.

8. Kevin Knox had flashes of being a top 3 player in the draft but at times would just stand around and watch, this guy has potential to be a Paul George in the league. He average 20 points, 8 rebounds per game.

9. Wendall Carter the other forgotten big guy for Duke this year. Most people wouldn’t talk about him because of Marvin Bagley but him and Marvin destroy teams this year. He has potential to be great if teams take the time to develop him. He average 23 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks per game next to Marvin Bagley

10. LaMelo Ball brother of Lonzo Ball the kid has potential to be better than his brother. Youngest guy in the draft but will have to sit out a year before playing. Some coaches say he’s uncoachable due to his loud mouth father, some say he just has fun playing the game and has mature yet. He average 22.5 points, 10assist per game overseas.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 08:22 PM   #12
Rookie

Hawks brought in 12 guys for there pre draft workouts. The two top names in the draft workout Marvin Bagley and DeAndra Ayton. But after the Pre-draft workouts is where the Hawks changed up the draft order.

IMG_0407.jpg

Breaking News the Atlanta Hawks have trades there number 1 overall draft pick to the Knicks the Hawks get the Knicks number 2 pick and both second round picks.

Draft Day:
Atlanta Hawks with the number 2 pick in the draft the Hawks select Marvin Bagley from Duke University!

Hawks GM TG: This is who we wanted from the start, last year at Duke he should of been a senior in high school but he reclassify. He still dominated College Basketball from start to finish.

IMG_0412.jpg

Atlanta Hawks with the number 5 pick overall take Collin Sexton from Alabama and also a Georgia boy from Pebblebrook High School.

GM TG: We have our point guard of the future. This guy has some raw spots but will develop into a scorer. At Alabama he didn’t have the best team surrounding him and at teams had to force the action. Can’t wait to see the Sexton to Bagley combo.

IMG_0411.jpg

Atlanta Hawks with the number 6 pick overall take Mohamed Bamba from Texas University.

GM TG: This guy has the most potential in the draft and if he can develop a few post moves, to go along with his nice jump shot he could be the next Anthony Davis. He will have to put on some weight.

IMG_0413.jpg

Hawks Trade 20 overall pick, 2021 Philadelphia 1st Round pick, 16 and 29 second round pick
To
Miami for the 10th overall pick.

Mavs Trade there 12 pick. 11 second round pick
To
Atlanta for there 9th pic

Atlanta uses there 10th and 11th pick overall to take Kevin Knox from Kentucky University, and LaMelo Ball who will stay overseas for one more yr.

GM TG: Kevin Knox is a scorer and might lead our team in scoring. We will have to work on him moving more because at times at Kentucky he would stand around and watch. If he can learn to cut hard, we might have the next Paul George. LaMelo Ball, PG naturally but we want him to learn to play the 2. Has a nice jump shot and can score at will. Hopefully daddy can keep his mouth shut.

IMG_0414.jpg

Hawks Trade 12th pick to Nets for 15 pick and there 28 overall 2nd Round pick.

Hawks use there 15 pick to take Shai Alexander from Kentucky University. Project player.

GM TG: Long, lengthy, raw prospect. He will be a developing player because he has tools to play PG and has a slashing type SG ability but doesn’t have a good enough jump shot at SG.

Hawks get there 20th pick back and take Theo Pinson from North Carolina University!

GM TG: Theo Pinson a great athlete, who has gotten better every year in college. He has the ability to average a triple double.

After the Theo Pinson draft pick, GM TG scream the rebuild is on and we got the right guys that will lead this rebuild.

Hawks final selection came in the 2nd Round 3rd pick when the Hawks selected LiAngelo Ball.

GM TG: will play a lot in the G-League some in the NBA, can shoot the 3 at an NBA level.

Other trades
Clippers traded DeAndra Jordon to Boston
Grizzlies traded Brook Lopez to Nuggets.

Hawks Draft picks:
#35 Marvin Bagley
#2 Collin Sexton
#5 Kevin Knox
#0 Mohamed Bamba
#1 LaMelo Ball
#22 Shai Alexander
#15 Theo Pinson
#3 LiAngelo Ball

Free Agents:
Hawks need backs up at SF and Center other than that no other position needs a back.

Hawks sign back
Joe Johnson SF
Kyle Korver SG
Josh Smith PF

Hawks bring back the 3 hawks legend, JJ, Kyle and Josh will probably be mentoring the young guys unless they want out of Atlanta to title chase.

Kobi Simmons
Xavier Rathan-Mays

Hawks bring back its two young guys who improve from rookie year to there sophomore year. Both will be in rotation maybe starters depends on how training camp goes.

Summer League in Vegas:
Hawks young guys have been destroying the summer league, led by Collin Sexton. The Hawks will take on Michael Porter and the Knicks in the NBA summer league championship. Hawks won the summer league title behind Collin Sexton 35 points and 3 Top ten plays.

GM TG: I’m so proud of these guys, coming together and winning this year summer league. Just to show you the things to come in Atlanta are big. Also it’s scary because Marvin Bagley didn’t play in this year summer league. I’m proud of Collin Sexton for winning this year summer league MVP in Las Vegas.

Nike Hoop Summit World vs USA notable standouts:
USA:
RJ Barrett 23 Pts 10 Reb
Sekou Doubouya: 16 pts 6 reb 5 ast.
Cameron Reddish: 14 pts
Bol Bol: 13 pts 10 reb
Naz Reid: 12 pts 14 reb
Jahvon Quinerly: 11 pts 9 ast.
Zion Williamson: 6 pts 8 reb. 3 ast

World:
None

Old 03-13-2018, 10:35 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

trust the process! I wonder if Mr. Ball will work his Magic to get all three of his sons on the Lakers now...or Hawks (but we all know he won't do that!)
Old 03-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
trust the process! I wonder if Mr. Ball will work his Magic to get all three of his sons on the Lakers now...or Hawks (but we all know he won't do that!)

Yep I’m definitely might be shipping the Ball boys out. Lavar going to kill the team chemistry

Old 04-26-2018, 09:17 AM   #15
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Keep it up
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »