Home

The Rebuild of The Highlight Factory! Atlanta Hawks My GM

This is a discussion on The Rebuild of The Highlight Factory! Atlanta Hawks My GM within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Starting a new NBA 2K18 my gym mode, I will be rebuilding the Atlanta Hawks. So I know 2K does the whole new story line first year of it’s my gym mode. In the first year I will be trading all my draft picks away because I don’t want to use them on any of 2K first year auto draft class guys because Jackson Baldwin, Freddie Staples and Mirko our all monsters. Goal is to make this fun and enjoyable, I will try and post once a day. Let’s rebuild the Atlanta Hawks! I will probably Sim year one with twist not many, and Year two with more. After the first draft class I can upload and draft when I will play.

Rules:
1. 12 mins Q
2. Difficult: Custom Sliders
3. I will try and make realistic trades but I have to also try and rebuild this team! If y’all the Fans think the trade isn’t fair let me know!
4. Again MyGm first year has some crazy first year draft class so I will be trading the 18 first round picks down for only 1st round picks 2019.
5. NO TRADE FINDER WILL BE USED FOR TRADES.

Atlanta Hawks History:

Conference: East
Division: Southeast
Founded: 1946
Team History:
Buffalo Bisons
Tri-Cities Blackhawks
1946–1951
Milwaukee Hawks
1951–1955
St. Louis Hawks
1955–1968
Atlanta Hawks
1968–present
Arena: Philips Arena
Team colors: Torch Red, Volt Green, Georgia Granite Gray
Main sponsor: ShareCare

General manager: Travis Glenn (2K)
Head coach: Mike Budenholzer
Ownership: Lewis Meyers
Assistant Coach: Darvin Ham
CEO: Cameron Lee (2K)
Assistant GM: Carter Yau (2K)
Head Scout: Lucas Flory (2K)
Trainer: William Montgomery (2K)

Affiliation(s): Erie BayHawks
Championships: 1 1958
Conference titles: 4
Western: 4 (1957, 1958, 1960, 1961)
Eastern: 0
Division titles: 5 (1970, 1980, 1987, 1994, 2015)
Retired numbers: 6 (9, 21, 23, 44, 55, 59)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 10:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Trades so as I said before I would be trading all my 18 first round picks for 19 picks just because the first class 2K gives the guys are just stacked. So here are the trades I made.

Trade 1:
Hawks: 1st Round 18 ATL
For
Bulls: 1st Round 19 Bulls, 20 2nd Round and 21 2nd Round

Trade 2:
Hawks: 1st Round 18 Rockets Top 5 protected and 1st Round 18 T-Wolves Lottery protected
For
Celtics: 1st Round 19 Memphis Top 5 protected, and 1st Round (Kings) Swap Best (Phil)

It’s two days before the Hawks opener at Dallas and Mr. Glenn made a mistake in his roster they only have 14 guys on there NBA roster with 4 guys down in the G-League or on Two-way contracts. None of the guys on this team was sign by Mr. Glenn or draft by him. Mr. Glenn sign one-active guys to his roster also made two trade just a day before the season opener. Also Owner Lewis Meyers doesn’t want much trades this year from GM Travis Glenn, saying “this is my team I put together so any trades will have to be from my approval.”

1 day before the season starts Hawks make 2 trades from Travis Glenn with the approval from Lewis Meyers.

Trade 1:
Hawks Trade Away:
Kent Bazemore
2019 2nd round pick ATL
2019 1st Cleveland Top 10 protected
2020 2nd Round pick ATL

For
Suns Trade Away:
Brandon Knight
2019 1st Round Pick Suns

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Trade 2:
Isaiah Taylor
2021 2nd round pick Bulls
2020 2nd round pick Bulls swap best New Orleans

For
Memphis:
Brice Johnson

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

GM Travis Glenn States: “I’m so happy we got Brandon Knight as our six man, and I love Brice Johnson he’s going to develop into a great player. Brice and John get better together and train together they are the future.”

Last edited by TGlenn2161; 03-08-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: The Rebuild of The Highlight Factory! Atlanta Hawks My GM

Atlanta Hawks Opening Day Roster:

Starters:

PG: Dennis Schroeder
SG: Brandon Knight
SF: Taurean Prince
PF: John Collins
C: Dwayne Dedmon

Rotation:

PG: Malcolm Delaney
PF: Tyler Cavanaugh
C: Mike Muscala
PF: Brice Johnson
SG: Tyler Dorsey

Bench:
C: Miles Plumlee
SF: Deandre Bembry
PG: Josh Magette

2-Way Contracts
SF: Andrew White III
SG: Antonius Cleveland
SG: Jaylen Morris

Opening Day at Dallas

Hawks get blown out 123 to 98, Head Coach Mike Budenholzer said “we definitely have along ways to go, we haven’t created an Identity yet once we do, we will be fine.” Mavs has 3 players score over 20 Points, Seth Curry (29), Dennis Smith Jr (23), Harrison Barnes (20). The Hawks only managed to have 4 guys in double figures.

IMG_0295.jpg

Image1520689051.920296.jpg

Image1520689063.855605.jpg

Old 03-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
Rookie

11 games into the years and reports in the ATL, aren’t looking so great. Hawks have started 2-9, now sources around the Hawks locker room and management are saying Owner Lewis Meyers won’t give up any control of this team. Source close to Assistant Coach Darvin Ham said “Everyone in the organization has tried talking to Mr. Meyers about the roster but Mr. Meyers won’t give up on this team.” Everyone has to remember Mr. Meyers decided not to get an GM this summer that he put this roster together.

January 1st and the Hawks hold the worst record in the NBA 7-29. Everyone on the team is upset but starting PG Dennis Schroeder has been open about it, he went to GM Travis Glenn pretty much saying he wants better teams or he wants out of Atlanta. Head Coach Mike Budenholzer is on a one year contract with Atlanta, and he pretty much knows this could be his last year in Atlanta. January 7th Atlanta Hawks lock up Brice Johnson in an extension for 2 year 5.5 Million dollars, Brice is averaging 9 Points 6 Rebounds and 1 block per game.

Hawks assistant GM makes a trade behind everyone back. Hawks Owner Lewis Meyers has been trying to get Michael Beasley all year long and well assistant GM makes trade for beast behind everyone back.

Reporter: Travis do you even have any control of this team? Or even this staff?

GM TG: “Yes I would think I do, I can’t believe this happen. Going into this all-star break changes will be made or I’m out.”

Reporter: Are you saying you will quit the team?

GM TG: “ I’m saying this is my team. Lewis brought me in here to be the GM not just someone to micromanage this team. Changes will be made.”

All-Star Break with no draft picks, Hawks have worst record in the NBA, 15-44. Here are stats this year.

East Conference Standings:
IMG_0299.jpg

Image1520692339.800087.jpg

West Conference Standings:
Image1520692353.748586.jpg

Image1520692362.518659.jpg

Lottery Odds:
Image1520692371.770931.jpg

League Leaders:

Rebounds:

Assist:

Steals:

Blocks:

Rookie Report:

Award Races:

MVP:

Rookie of the Year:

Sixth Man of The Year:

Defensive Player:

Most Improved:

Stars vs Elite Game:

All-Star Game:

Injury’s:

Stephen Curry is the biggest injury of the year. Happen a week before all-star break. Out all season and possibly some of next year.

Trades:

Biggest trade of the season Pistons sending Blake Griffin to Memphis for Mike Conley.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #5
Rookie

The Atlanta Hawks actually ended up playing much better after the all-star break. But in the end they had the 3rd worst record in the NBA behind the Nets and Mavericks. If things couldn’t get worst the Hawks two best players had bad exit interviews and pretty much wanting out of Atlanta.

Dennis Schroeder told AJC “I’ve been in the playoffs every year. I understand this is a rebuilding year but things in management has to change. Ownership can’t be controlling everything and having just the GM, and coaching staff micromanage everything. This organization is in danger and I want out if things don’t change.”

John Collins also told the AJC “i have no idea what wrong with this franchise, but in house everyone fighting with each other. I told GM Travis Glenn I want out.”

Travis Glenn told reporters “I love Dennis and John, I plan on sitting down with Mr. Meyers at the end of the season and trying to figure out the future of this team. If the guys want out I understand, but I asked them to give me a chance at talking with Mr. Meyers.”

End of the season awards:
MVP:
IMG_0322.jpg

Rookie of the Year:
IMG_0323.jpg

6th Man of the Year:
IMG_0324.jpg

Defensive Player of the Year:
Image1520697516.241919.jpg

Most Improve Player of the Year:
Image1520697525.442665.jpg

Coach of the Year:

Executive of the Year:

All-NBA Teams:

All-Defensive Teams:

All Rookie Teams:

NBA Playoffs was a change of the last three years, with a new team winning its first ever NBA championship.

Playoffs:

NBA Champions:

NBA Finals MVP:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Wow. Curry with a spinal injury. I hope he can bounce back and return to all star form

Old 03-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_s35
Wow. Curry with a spinal injury. I hope he can bounce back and return to all star form

Yeah crazy. I’m sure he will

Old 03-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #8
Rookie

Lewis Meyers has agreed to let control of the Atlanta Hawks go to GM Travis Glenn, his statement to the AJC “Last year I failed, it was the first time we missed the playoffs since 2008.”

Coaching Staff
Atlanta, Owner Lewis Meyers and GM Travis Glenn have agreed to bring back Mike Budenholzer and Darvin Ham on 1 year deals. GM Travis Glenn states it was between coach Budenholzer and Nets assistant Coach Jacque Vaughn but the Nets block the Hawks Offer.

Travis Glenn states: “We are happy to bring back Budenholzer and his coaching staff back. This is a big year coming up, we are looking for our young guys to get better as this rebuild continues. The Hawks Organization is ready for the Highlight Factory to return.”

Draft:
Hawks have zero draft picks as GM Travis Glenn believes the next year Draft will be the draft with plenty of potential and Superstars. Also the Hawks come into next year draft with 4 first round draft picks.

IMG_0345.jpg

Results:
1. Pacers Trade 5th pick for Pistons Mike Conley and 20 1st round we
2. Bulls Trade 7th pick for Kings Willie Cauley-Stein and Zach Randolph
3. 76ers Trade pick 10 for Hassan Whiteside

IMG_0346.jpg

Free Agency
Before Free Agency started the Hawks made some trades that left the Hawks in a total rebuild. John Collins and Dennis Schroeder all last year were unhappy to be in Atlanta so the Hawks traded them away.

Hawks Trade
John Collins, DeAndre Bembry, Miles Plumlee 2 2nd Round picks 19&22
For
Hornet
Tyson Chandler 3 1st round picks 20,19,21
IMG_0348.jpg

Hawks Trade
Dennis Schroeder 2nd Round 21’
For
Magic
Jonathon Simmons 19 first rounder
IMG_0347.jpg

Hawks sign:
Shabazz Muhammad 1 Yr 1.48 Million
IMG_0352.jpg

Xavier Rathan-Mayes 1 Yr 1.10 Million

Kobi Simmons 1 Yr 1.04 Million

Thomas Bryant 1 Yr 1.33 Million
Josh Magette 1 Yr 1.33 Million
Scotty Hopson 1 Yr 818 K
ADE N’Dour 1 Yr 818 K

Hawks Bring back to former vets to the team in shocking deals.
Joe Johnson 1.48 Million 1 Year
Josh Smith 1.48 Million 1 Year

Both guys said they are excited to teach the young Hawks, they plan on being teachers and trying to help in the rebuild.

GM TG said “I love the former Hawks being back and also being in the rotation they can help guide these guys through the tough times.”

Summit League:
Hawks GM Travis Glenn and Owner Lewis Meyers attended Nike Hoop Summit. With now 7 first round picks in the NBA draft the Atlanta Hawks have made it known next year draft is the most important thing on there list. After the game we caught up with Hawks GM and Owner, they gave us the list of players they have on there list for next year draft.

GM TG and Owner LM: Both said everyone is on there watch list. They both believe this year class has the most potential a NBA draft has ever had. They noted it’s a freshmen lead class with some older guys that can play. Also both said LaMelo Ball who played on the world side this year who is draft eligible but will have to sit out a year is someone they are very interested in.

Stand outs in the Game:
USA:
DeAndra Ayton 15 Pts 13 Rebounds
Collin Sexton 7 Pts 4 Assist
Trae Young 18 Pts 6 Assist
Michael Porter 13 Pts
Marvin Bagley 13 Pts 13 Rebounds
Mo Bamba 17 Pts 10 Rebounds
Kevin Knox 15 Pts

World:
Luka Donic 13 Pts 8 Assist
LaMelo Ball 15 Pts 5 Rebounds