Home

#grindtime - a Memphis Grizzlies story

This is a discussion on #grindtime - a Memphis Grizzlies story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-31-2019, 08:52 AM   #17
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #grindtime - a Memphis Grizzlies story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
My questions are: How did you come to the conclusion to choose the Grizzlies? Are they your favorite team? Of the teams that are mentioned above, which would be your choice? FYI - I will be using your roster.
🏻
Two reasons:

- my 2 favorite players of the 2019 draft class were Ja Morant and Brandon Clarke. They ended up on the same team
- the Grizzlies have a good core, but you have a lot to build.

Usually, I choose the Celtics ever year (my fav team), but there's not much to build here. I want to create a team with my own identity and I want to do that by making the most choices that I can make. Memphis has 3 great guys, but the rest is up to me. There's a lot to do about trade, free agent and draft picks.

It's gonna be fun!
Old 10-31-2019, 08:54 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLG
Two reasons:

- my 2 favorite players of the 2019 draft class were Ja Morant and Brandon Clarke. They ended up on the same team

Usually, I choose the Celtics ever year (my fav team), but there's not much to build here. I want to create a team with my own identity and I want to do that by making the most choices that I can make. Memphis has 3 great guys, but the rest is up to me. There's a lot to do about trade, free agent and draft picks.

It's gonna be fun!
Great choice!! Memphis always plays me tough! So gritty and grimey on defense.

~Koosa1027~
Old 10-31-2019, 10:34 AM   #19
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Grizzlies Will Experiment with a New Front Office Structure

The reassigning of the Grizzlies’ greatest General Manager in franchise history to date — Chris Wallace –to a reduced scouting role came as a major shock. He had just conducted media day and player meetings seemingly confirmed his job was safe just two hours prior to the music stopping.

Now, here we are with a team of lawyers running the Front Office in Memphis. Former attorney Jason Wexler is now President with Zach Kleiman in tow as the Vice President and de facto GM. Kleiman happens to be only 30 years old, which sounds similar to anyone familiar with majority owner Robert Pera and how he moves.

Not only is this rare, but both are former lawyers as well as Rich Cho, who will move here to Memphis to run the analytics department and help build the analytics culture amongst day-to-day staff while also serving as a valued voice at the table of all personnel matters.

Kleiman grew up in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago and, while in college at University of Southern California, he served as a public relations intern for the Los Angeles Lakers. During the 2012-13 season, he was as a basketball operations intern for the Charlotte Bobcats under another attorney-turned-general manager, Rich Cho.

By this point, he dreamed of managing an NBA franchise and began to chart a career path to accomplish that goal.

Four years ago, Kleiman was an associate at New York-based law firm Proskauer Rose LLP when he got hired as team counsel of the Memphis Grizzlies. Before the 2017-18 season, he added the title of senior director of basketball operations. Before this past season, he was elevated to assistant general manager and his sphere of influence kept on growing from there.

Now he's ready to lead a young team with a bright future, but with a lot of things left to do. It's a new era in Memphis.

Last edited by CelticLG; 10-31-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #20
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Yuta Watanabe #12 of the Memphis Grizzlies shoots a game-tying three during a pre-season game against the Indiana Pacers on October 6, 2018 at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee

Memphis Grizzlies announce 2019-20 preseason schedule

Grizzlies to Televise Games Against the Hornets, Thunder and Spurs on FSSE

by Memphis Grizzlies
Posted: Aug 07, 2019

The Memphis Grizzlies today announced its fours-game 2019-20 preseason schedule, which will begin with a couple of home exhibitions at FedExForum. The Grizzlies will tip-off the schedule by hosting the New Zealand Breakers at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, October 8 (all times Central). Memphis then will host the Charlotte Hornets at 7 p.m. on Monday, October 14.

Following the first two home games, the Grizzlies will end the exhibition schedule with road tilts against the Oklahoma City Thunder at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, October 16 at Chesapeake Energy Arena and the San Antonio Spurs at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, October 18 at the AT&T Center.

FOX Sports Southeast will televise the three preseason contests against NBA opponents, the Hornets, Thunder and Spurs, with each broadcast presented by Pinnacle Financial Partners. Memphis’ preseason home games also will stream on the FOX Sports GO App. In addition, all five preseason games will be broadcast on radio at 92.9 FM ESPN and across the Grizzlies Radio Network.

Old 11-01-2019, 05:11 AM   #21
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
I will like to see how you change up the bench. Right I am going ride with my Hawks the way they are, but some minor changes may happen. As far as Celtics I cannot wait to try them out after that trade. I will let you all know how the chemistry develops.
Last night I got to try out Foxx with his new teammates. He did not disappoint, we had back and forth battle with the Raptors in Toronto. The game came down to a final possession in which we were called for 3 second violation. They got to shoot a single free that gave them a one point edge for victory. Foxx held his own including hit a timely three to tie the game before that final Raptor possession.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2019, 05:14 AM   #22
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLG
Two reasons:

It's gonna be fun!
I play with Grizzlies also and Clarke and Morant are a delight to play with. I have not made any roster moves my team and right now we are in a first round battle Blazers. Offseason will see some changes, but hopefully minor. But I love Jackson Jr, I will update the progress of that roster as well.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 11-01-2019, 04:44 PM   #23
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Memphis Grizzlies@memgrizz · 1h

Grizzlies announce training camp roster:

Memphis Grizzlies 2019 Training Camp Roster
#PLAYERPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
3Grayson AllenG246-4198Duke/USA
1Kyle AndersonF266-9230UCLA/USA
24Dillon BrooksG/F236-7220Oregon/Canada
5Bruno CabocloF246-9218Pinheiros/Brazil
15Brandon ClarkeF236-8210Gonzaga/Canada
99Jae CrowderF296-6235Marquette/USA
23Marko GuduricG/F246-6201KK Crvena Zvezda/Serbia
44Solomon HillF286-6225Arizona/USA
-Andre IguodalaG/F356-6215Arizona/USA
13Jaren Jackson Jr.F/C206-11242Michigan State/USA
-Josh JacksonG/F226-8207Kansas/USA
21Tyus JonesG236-0196Duke/USA
46John KoncharG/F236-5210Fort Wayne/USA
0De'Anthony MeltonG216-2200USC/USA
31Matt MooneyG246-3200Texas Tech/USA
12Ja MorantG206-3175Murray State/USA
25Miles PlumleeC316-11249Duke/USA
10Ivan RabbF/C226-10220California/USA
17Jonas ValanciunasC276-11265LR Vilnius/Lithuania
18Yuta WatanabeF256-8205George Washington/Japan

Last edited by CelticLG; 11-04-2019 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #24
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Taylor Jenkins recaps the first days of training camp

The Head Coach addresses reporters on the team's progress and what he's excited for in the upcoming preseason matches

By Joe Mullinax | @JoeMullinax | Oct 3, 2019, 7:30am CDT

Day three of training camp just ended, and head coach Taylor Jenkins has a lot of topics to talk about.

On defensive improvements: “First thing we tackled was our transition defense,” Jenkins said. “We want to be a really good defensive team. And through that, communication will be the overarching thing on defense. Communication is big for us. We want to lay our foundation with defense in transition, pick and roll defense, our man-to-man defense. And then we jumped into our offense.”

On Ja Morant: "He's a player with an incredible talent. He moves at an incredible speed and has a great IQ. He's young but he's used to being a leader on offense, that's a big advantage for us. We must move at Ja speed if we want to get the most out of him."

On Brandon Clarke: "He's born ready. He's capable of doing great things in both offense and defense. He can play three positions, we are also trying him as a small-ball center. It's our swiss army knife."

On season goals: "Everybody wants results, but sometimes you’ve got to wait. It takes time to adapt. My job is to get the most out of these guys, the rest will come as a result".

On Jaren Jackson Jr.: "He got a lot better during the offseason. He thinks faster, he's stronger, he's even a better shooter. He just has to be himself, he has the ability to to do the right things at the right time."

On which players are impressing him: "Kyle [Anderson] came back very well from his shoulder injury. He's playing great. Marko [Guduric] is impressing us very much, he's very smart, plays like a veteran. De'Anthony [Melton] is a bulldog on defense. Everybody's doing their best, and we love it".

The Memphis Grizzlies will begin their preseason on Oct. 8th, and it should provide some nice chances to test the depth of this rotation.

Last edited by CelticLG; 11-01-2019 at 04:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »