Home

The Rose That Grew From Concrete.

This is a discussion on The Rose That Grew From Concrete. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2020, 12:16 AM   #1
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35
The Rose That Grew From Concrete.

Introducing the Next Coming
Duke's Adonis Carter is preparing for life in the spotlight

The NBA will continue to see a new influx of young talent, exemplified by the exceptional talent that is Duke's Adonis Carter

CHAPEL HILL - Since becoming the number one high school basketball player in the country, Adonis Carter has grown accustomed to being compared to others. His style of play greatly resembles that of LeBron James. His clutch factor has been linked to that of Michael Jordan; his mental fortitude to that of Kobe Bryant. As well, as soon as he committed to playing college ball at Duke University, his comparisons to Zion Williamson quickly grew as well.

However, for someone who has lived such a unique 19-years of life as Adonis has, that’s where the comparisons end.

He and his story is truly one-of-a-kind.

“I’m not one of these fiery guys that need to bring it every day to feel adequate, man, I just go out there and let the game come to me. Someone steps to me, barking too much, I keep my mouth shut, by the fourth quarter, I got 45 and he got a long bus ride home” he said when asked what he was like when it comes to trash talk.

Notably, Carter was never much of a confrontational youth, almost to a fault.

Quote:
“When you grow up where I grew up [Compton, California], you learn not to bother nobody that you can’t take. Nowadays, everybody has a gun. I’ve never seen a man win a fight against a bullet personally, so I learned to just do your thing and mind your business.”

His father was in and out of prison for multiple drug charges before being arrested during Adonis’ sophomore year at Sierra Canyon High School on a manslaughter charge. He has been in prison ever since and won’t be up for parole until Adonis’ third season in the NBA.

“It was a tough situation that I try not to talk about. It was a bullsh*t altercation, and someone lost their life. He’s not a bad guy, and he’s not innocent. It was hard. It was hard.”

Carter stayed with his grandmother until early in his senior year, she passed away after a stroke. “I remember coming home to a bunch of ambulances at my front door. I had been away for a Gatorade camp, she was by herself as she usually was. Someone did a wellness check after not hearing from her.”

Carter was taken in by his coach, but was admittedly racked with grief.

“I didn’t know how to be myself anymore. I literally numbed out. I wouldn’t leave the house if it wasn’t for anything that wasn’t basketball-related. I wasn’t even excited to declare to Duke. It was always where I wanted to go, but that’s because my grandma wanted me to go there, my Dad had dreamt of me going there, to play for Coach K. It wasn’t until I left for school that I started to heal.”

Carter immediately starred for the Duke Blue Devils, inserting himself into a star-studded lineup that featured Cassius Stanley, Vernon Carey, Tre Jones, and Wendell Moore that quickly became the number one team in the country before the COVID-19 pandemic derailed the season.

Carter shook his head and smiled to himself. “The championship team that never was. You try not to look at it like we’ve got unresolved business. But, it’s unfortunate that that team never realized its true potential the way it should have been.”

Carter would average 26.2 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 6.1 assists per game on his way to becoming the Consensus National College Player of the Year as well as a Consensus All-American - the second consecutive Duke player to achieve both accolades after Zion Williamson.

“I did a lot of healing there, and once I started feeling better and acclimating to the culture in Durham, we really went on a roll. I’m in a much happier place nowadays.”

Quote:
“Entering into the NBA draft was a no-brainer for me. As much as there is a lot of stuff I would like to stay at Duke and do, I know what I’ve been dreaming of since I was a child and the NBA is where I want to be.”

“Being the first overall pick would be an honour, joining that fraternity of guys that was recognized as the best option would be something else. But, for me, it’s not the end of the world if I’m not the number one pick” Carter added, as he is widely considered to be the number one pick.

The New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons, and Golden State Warriors are the heavy favorites to land the number one pick in the upcoming NBA lottery, and Carter has no reservations about going to any of the three franchises.

“Joining a team that has guys like [Stephen] Curry and [Klay] Thompson would be something else, we would compete right away and I think I could help a dynasty like that keep things going.”

“Detroit has an illustrious history and they are gritty just like the community they represent, I feel like that would be a ‘home away from home’ for me. Plus, getting the opportunity to play with Derrick Rose, who was one of my favorite players on my come-up would be awesome.”

“The Knicks have struggled but it’s New York, man. Being the guy that goes in there and leads that new era, man. It’s enticing. I would be honored.”

For a 19-year old man, Adonis Carter has admittedly been through more than most adults have been through their entire lives. However, he wears it as a badge of honor.

“I was raised in the hood, with no mama, my dad is locked up, and my grandma passed, but I keep my head held high and I keep racing towards my goals. All I realized is that I’ve got an opportunity to do better.”

“There’s nowhere to go but up.”

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.

Last edited by GoldenJet; 06-12-2020 at 12:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2020, 12:25 AM   #2
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

Re: The Rose That Grew From Concrete.

LEGACY PERSONIFIED
Lakers dominate on way to championship

After a tumultuous season with a tragic passing and an unprecedented pandemic, LeBron James has made it back to the mountain top.

The Los Angeles Lakers have capped off arguably the most unprecedented seasons in NBA history with their 17th championship after defeating the Milwaukee Bucks in Game 5 of the NBA Finals. Forward LeBron James was named Finals MVP after averaging 36.2 points, 8.0 rebounds, and 12.2 assists through the five-game series. This would be his fourth Finals MVP award and his third with a different team after previously leading the Miami Heat and the Cleveland Cavaliers to championships of their own.

The Los Angeles Lakers, winning their first championship since 2010, played with a significant chip on their shoulder after the passing of Lakers legend Kobe Bryant in late January in a tragic accident that rocked the sporting world.

The COVID-19 pandemic shut most of the sports world down in early March, leading most to speculate that the NBA season would be shut down. However, the league re-opened the season in Orlando, Florida, and played out the playoffs.

LeBron James of the Lakers was ultimately named the league’s MVP after scoring 25.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, and 10.4 assists per game, claiming him his fifth trophy and his first since 2013. This brings him to a three-way tie for second with Michael Jordan and Bill Russell with five MVPs, behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s six.

Memphis Grizzlies’ guard Ja Morant would ultimately be awarded Rookie of the Year, after averaging 19.4 points per game on 51% field goal percentage, leading the Grizzlies to a playoff appearance where they would be swept in the first round by the Lakers.

MVP runner-up James Harden of the Houston Rockets would lead the 1st team All-NBA squad with Dallas Mavericks guard Luka Doncic, last year’s MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo of the Milwaukee Bucks, James, and Denver Nuggets center Nikola Jokic.

Atlanta Hawks guard Trae Young, Rockets guard Russell Westbrook, Lakers big man and Defensive Player of the Year Anthony Davis, and Miami Heat’s Most Improved Player winner Bam Adebayo would be named to the second team.

Washington Wizards’ Bradley Beal, Portland Trail Blazers' Damian Lillard, Toronto Raptors’ Pascal Siakam, Indiana Pacers’ Domantas Sabonis, and Cleveland Cavaliers’ Andre Drummond would round out the third team.

The following All-NBA teams and playoff picture can be found below:

2019-20 NBA Season Awards
AwardPlayerPosTeam
Most Valuable PlayerLeBron JamesFLos Angeles Lakers
Rookie of the YearJa MorantGMemphis Grizzlies
Sixth Man of the YearDennis SchroderGOklahoma City Thunder
Defensive Player of the YearAnthony DavisFLos Angeles Lakers
Most Improved PlayerBam AdebayoCMiami Heat
Coach of the YearFrank VogelHCLos Angeles Lakers
All-NBA 1st Team
All-NBA 1st TeamJames HardenGHouston Rockets
Luka DoncicGDallas Mavericks
Giannis AntetokounmpoFMilwaukee Bucks
LeBron JamesFLos Angeles Lakers
Nikola JokicCDenver Nuggets
All-NBA 2nd Team
All-NBA 2nd TeamTrae YoungGAtlanta Hawks
Russell WestbrookGHouston Rockets
Anthony DavisFLos Angeles Lakers
Kawhi LeonardFLos Angeles Clippers
Bam AdebayoCMiami Heat
All-NBA 3rd Team
All-NBA 3rd TeamBradley BealGWashington Wizards
Damian LillardGPortland Trailblazers
Pascal SiakamFToronto Raptors
Domantas SabonisFIndiana Pacers
Andre DrummondCCleveland Cavaliers
All-Defensive 1st Team
All-Defensive 1st TeamBen SimmonsGPhiladelphia 76ers
Jrue HolidayGNew Orleans Pelicans
Kawhi LeonardFLos Angeles Clippers
Anthony DavisFLos Angeles Lakers
Rudy GobertCUtah Jazz
All-Defensive 2nd Team
All-Defensive 2nd TeamMarcus SmartGBoston Celtics
Chris PaulGOklahoma City Thunder
Giannis AntetokounmpoFMilwaukee Bucks
LeBron JamesFLos Angeles Lakers
Andre DrummondCCleveland Cavaliers
All-Rookie 1st Team
All-Rookie 1st TeamJa MorantGMemphis Grizzlies
RJ BarrettGNew York Knicks
Kendrick NunnGMiami Heat
Darius GarlandGCleveland Cavaliers
Eric PaschallFGolden State Warriors
All-Rookie 2nd Team
All-Rookie 2nd TeamZion WilliamsonFNew Orleans Pelicans
Coby WhiteGChicago Bulls
Tyler HerroGMiami Heat
Brandon ClarkeFMemphis Grizzlies
Rui HachimuraFWashington Wizards

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #3
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

GASOL RIDES INTO THE SUNSET
2x NBA champion, legendary Euro opts for retirement

After a legendary career that will no doubt land Pau Gasol in the Hall of Fame, he decides to call it quits.

From being drafted third overall by the Atlanta Hawks in the 2001 NBA Draft and having his rights flipped to the Memphis Grizzlies for Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Spanish big man Pau Gasol embarked on an NBA career that no doubt will soon land him in the Naismith Hall of Fame.

Gasol starred for the Grizzlies almost immediately, becoming the first foreign-born player to win Rookie of the Year and was named to the All-Rookie First Team. He averaged 17.6 points and 8.9 rebounds per game, suiting up for all 82 games.

Gasol would continue a strong start to his career, not missing a game until a foot injury in his third injury would disrupt a consecutive games played streak of 240. In his fifth season with the Grizzlies, he would become the team’s all-time leading rebounder. In 2006, Gasol would become the first Spanish player to be voted to the NBA All-Star Game, becoming a reserve center.

In 2008, he was dealt to the Los Angeles Lakers, where he would team up with legendary guard Kobe Bryant and form a formidable duo, leading the Lakers to three consecutive Finals appearances and two NBA championships in 2009 and 2010.

He would move on from the Lakers in free agency to the Chicago Bulls in 2014, spending two seasons there before signing with the San Antonio Spurs for three seasons. He jumped around to the Milwaukee Bucks and the Portland Trailblazers, not playing a single game for the latter before being waived.

Gasol has formally announced his retirement from the NBA, joining an off-season group that includes Kyle Korver, Nene, Zack Randolph, Jose Calderon, and Channing Frye.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:18 PM   #4
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

HORNETS LAND NUMBER ONE PICK
Charlotte thank lucky stars, win draft lottery

The Charlotte Hornets bumped up their odds, and ended up with the first overall draft selection through the draft lottery.

The Charlotte Hornets have been awarded the first overall draft pick after winning the NBA lottery, barely edging past the Golden State Warriors and the Phoenix Suns who complete the top three. The New York Knicks, who had previously been expected to pick first, dropped all the way to fifth - continuing the trend of misery for the franchise.

Many expect the Golden State Warriors to be willing to trade down in the draft, as they are already re-acquiring the services of guards Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, who were lost for the majority of the season with injuries. The high draft capital will expectedly land the Warriors quite the piece. The Knicks are expected to be looking to trade up.

The contracts of top free agents such as Los Angeles Lakers forward Anthony Davis, San Antonio Spurs guard DeMar DeRozan, and Cleveland Cavaliers big man Andre Drummond will be at the forefront of draft day rumours, seeing where they end up and what draft capital will have to do with where they may end up.

The Hornets have won the opportunity to select Duke University forward Adonis Carter, the heavily favoured top prospect in the draft, keeping him in the state of North Carolina. Carter has been heavily compared to current Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James and is one of the most publicized prospects since Anthony Davis.

Hornets’ owner Michael Jordan, one of the greatest players in the league’s history, has remained mum on committing to selecting Carter with the first overall pick, citing “a top-heavy class with a lot of franchise-changing caliber players that they will consider”.

Carter has been the unanimous first overall pick since he declared to attend Duke University last summer, but has had constant pressure from other top prospects, such as University of North Carolina guard Cole Anthony and Georgia guard Anthony Edwards.

Notably, Anthony did attend UNC - the alma mater of Jordan - and has been praised for his work ethic and dedication to winning by Jordan in previous statements. Rumors have been circulating that Jordan doesn’t think Carter’s game will translate as seamlessly as Anthony.

Carter became the number one recruit in the country thanks to his dominant finishing at the rim game, paired with his tenacious defense and flawless playmaking skills that initially drew comparisons to James. However, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski has noted Carter working on his shooting stroke tirelessly.

“He doesn’t want to only have one or two moves, he’s worked towards being virtually unguardable and giving himself many different options on offense. He’s going to be something else at the next level” stated Coach K.

Carter has the chance to become the second-straight Duke player to be selected number one, after explosive forward Zion Williamson was selected number one by the New Orleans Pelicans last season.

Old 06-17-2020, 03:03 PM   #5
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

WARRIORS TRADE NUMBER TWO TO MINNESOTA
After Beal rumors fizzle out, Warriors trade down in upcoming draft

Though they suffered an unforunate season after losing Kevin Durant to free agency, and Steph Curry and Klay Thompson to injury, the team is clearly on an upswing

The Golden State Warriors have traded the number two overall pick in the upcoming 2020 NBA Draft to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the number seven overall pick and 17th overall pick from the Brooklyn Nets.

The Warriors were rumoured to be in talks with the New York Knicks who currently hold the fifth overall pick, but were unable to come to terms. The team was also rumoured to have kicked the tires on the availability of Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal.

The Wizards, selecting 10th overall, have been adamant of keeping Beal as a building block for the future while Beal has remained committed to remaining with the Wizards. The team hopes to regain former star guard John Wall, who has had his career derailed with lower-body injuries.

The Timberwolves had previously acquired star guard D’Angelo Russell from the Warriors during the season in exchange for forward Andrew Wiggins and will be looking to add a star prospect early in the draft with the second overall pick to join up with Russell and center Karl-Anthony Towns.

Meanwhile, the Warriors add draft capital and look to improve the overall quality of their roster with rookies contracts and build around their big three of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2020, 03:47 PM   #6
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

IN A NEW YORK MINUTE
New York Knicks make play for Adonis Carter, swing for 1st Overall Pick

Young, upstart big-man Mitchell Robinson is going to be the biggest piece going back to the Charlotte Hornets for the first overall pick

The New York Knicks, after weeks of speculation, have officially acquired the first overall pick from the Charlotte Hornets, dealing center Mitchell Robinson, forward Kevin Knox II, and the fifth overall pick.

The Hornets, after winning the draft lottery, were rumored to be interested in trading the pick for parts and trading down in the top ten despite having the opportunity to select Duke University forward Adonis Carter with the top pick. Carter is widely considered the best player in the draft and has drawn comparisons to current Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James.

Hornets owner Michael Jordan had reportedly grown sour at the prospect of drafting Carter after a Player’s Tribune article about the 19-year Los Angeles phenom was released. Carter lamented about not having to prove he’s the best, and not being braggadocious by nature.

Jordan was rumored to want “an alpha male” to lead his franchise and had warmed up to the idea of selecting University of North Carolina guard Cole Anthony instead. Jordan opted not to comment upon the matter while General Manager Mitch Kupchak denied and deflected away from the rumors.

When Carter heard about the rumors, he shrugged it off, but his competitive nature slipped out. “[Charlotte] is going to do whatever is best for their franchise, but if that isn’t me, they’re going to feel it every time I play against them, simple as that.”

Mitch Kupchak was quick to dismiss the notion.

“We’re going to go the route that’s best for our franchise in the long run and we’re still very much in the deciding process in regards to the draft” Kupchak commented in a statement released to the public.

The Knicks, after falling into the cellar of the league, have been free-falling for years. The team recently lost out on top tier free agents like Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, both of whom decided to go to the Brooklyn Nets.

In desperate need to land a top player, the team dealt Robinson and Knox, two young players who have admittedly grown sour of playing in New York.

Both Robinson, 22, and Knox, 20, are entering the final season of their rookie deals and were heavily expected to enter free agency for a fresh start after starting their careers with the floundering franchise.

The Knicks, now holding the first overall pick, are widely expected to draft Adonis Carter and build their franchise around him and last year’s third overall pick, guard R.J. Barrett, notably a Duke product like Carter.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #7
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

KNICKS TAKE ADONIS CARTER
Cole Anthony drops to number 5, Jordan gets his man

New York Knicks win the Adonis Carter Sweepstakes, select the Duke forward with the first overall pick.

NBA Draft - Round 1 Recap
PickTeamPlayerPosHtWt
1New York KnicksAdonis Carter [Duke]SF6'8238
2Minnesota TimberwolvesAnthony Edwards [Georgia]SG6'5225
3Phoenix SunsTheo Maledon [ASVEL]PG6'5197
4Atlanta HawksVernon Carey [Duke]C6'10270
5Charlotte HornetsCole Anthony [North Carolina]PG6'3185
6Detroit PistonsNico Mannion [Arizona]PG6'3182
7Golden State WarriorsIsaiah Stewart [Washington]C6'9245
8Cleveland CavaliersR.J. Hampton [New Zealand Breakers]PG6'2176
9Chicago BullsDeni Avdija [Maccabi Tel Aviv]SF6'9210
10Washington WizardsWendell Moore [Duke]SF6'6215
11Sacramento KingsKahlil Whitney [Kentucky]SF6'7232
12San Antonio SpursJeremiah Robinson-Earl [Villanova]PF6'10235
13Portland Trail BlazersKillian Hayes [ratiopharm Ulm]PG6'5195
14New Orleans PelicansTre Mann [Florida]PG6'4186
15Boston CelticsTy-Shon Alexander [Creighton]SF6'7197
16Orlando MagicUdoka Azubuike [Kansas]C6'11270
17Golden State WarriorsObi Toppin [Dayton]PF6'9221
18Milwaukee BucksJosh Green [Butler]SG6'6207
19Dallas Mavericks Jalen Smith [Maryland]PF6'10215
20Denver NuggetsTyrese Maxey [Kentucky]SG6'3188
21Brooklyn NetsScottie Lewis [Florida]SG6'5186
22Utah JazzPrecious Achiuwa [Memphis]PF6'9211
23Oklahoma City ThunderSamuel Williamson [Louisville]SF6'7190
24Oklahoma City ThunderLaMelo Ball [Illawarra Hawks]PG6'8177
25Boston CelticsMatthew Hurt [Duke]PF6'8214
26Miami HeatIsaac Okoro [Auburn]SF6'6220
27New York KnicksJames Wiseman [Memphis]C7'1240
28Toronto RaptorsCasius Winston [Michigan State]PG6'1185
29Boston CelticsN'Faly Dante [Oregon]C6'11230
30Los Angeles LakersDevon Dotson [North Carolina State]PG6'1178

ROUND TWO RECAP

31. Philadelphia 76ers select Isaiah Mobley, Oklahoma State (PF, 6’7, 211 lbs)
32. Dallas Mavericks select Trendon Watford, LSU (SF, 6’9, 230 lbs)
33. Minnesota Timberwolves select Bryan Antoine, Texas (SG, 6’5, 170 lbs)
34. Sacramento Kings select Jaden McDaniels, Washington (PF, 6’11, 185 lbs)
35. New York Knicks select Mac McClung, Florida (PG, 6’2, 175 lbs)
36. Charlotte Hornets select Malcolm Cazalon, Spain (SG, 6’6, 186 lbs)
37. Washington Wizards select Ochai Agbaji, Kansas (SG, 6’5, 210 lbs)
38. Philadelphia 76ers select D.J. Jeffries, Ohio State (SF, 6’7, 210 lbs)
39. New Orleans Pelicans select Matt Haarms, Purdue (C, 7’3, 250 lbs)
40. Memphis Grizzlies select Roberto Martinez, Spain (SF, 6’7, 190 lbs)
41. Atlanta Hawks select Argento Di Stefano, Italy (SG, 6’5, 185 lbs)
42. Portland Trail Blazers select Killian Tillie, Oregon (PF, 6’10, 220 lbs)
43. San Antonio Spurs select Amar Sylla, Texas (PF, 6’9, 185 lbs)
44. New Orleans Pelicans select Armando Bacot, North Carolina (C, 6’10, 230 lbs)
45. Chicago Bulls select Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana (PF, 6’9, 231 lbs)
46. Boston Celtics select Dale Roy, Minnesota (PG, 6’2, 183 lbs)
47. Philadelphia 76ers select Lewis Frazier, St. Mary’s (CA) (PF, 6’9, 221 lbs)
48. Indiana Pacers select Patrick Williams, Washington (SF, 6’8, 215 lbs)
49. Golden State Warriors select Arturs Zagars, Illinois (PG, 6’3, 170 lbs)
50. Sacramento Kings select Johnny Juzang, Duke (SF, 6’7, 205 lbs)
51. Philadelphia 76ers select A.J. Lawson, Nigeria (SG, 6’6, 172 lbs)
52. Brooklyn Nets select Nicholas Jeffries, UCLA (PF, 6’10, 227 lbs)
53. Golden State Warriors select Todor Szomory, Hungary (PG, 6’3, 201 lbs)
54. Oklahoma City Thunder select Ayo Dosunmu, Montana (PG, 6’5, 185 lbs)
55. Charlotte Hornets select Paul Eboua, Tennessee (PG, 6’8, 214 lbs)
56. Los Angeles Clippers select Ashton Hagans, Northwestern (PG, 6’3, 180 lbs)
57. Sacramento Kings select Ciron Pena, Argentina (PG, 6’2, 200 lbs)
58. Toronto Raptors select Iancu Filimon, Romania (C, 6’11, 242 lbs)
59. New Orleans Pelicans select Onyeka Okongwu, USC (C, 6’9, 245 lbs)
60. Orlando Magic select Josiah James, Oklahoma (PG, 6’6, 200 lbs)

Old 07-02-2020, 10:14 PM   #8
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

AND SO IT BEGINS
Anthony Davis, Brandon Ingram, and others set the market with free agency on the horizon

Though heavily expected, Los Angeles Lakers star forward Anthony Davis will set the landscape of the NBA with where he decides to sign this off-season.

For most basketball fans, the playoffs are the best time of year.

However, for the true die-hard fans, the beginning of the free agency period is where fans are allowed to dream of their favorite team landing the top free agents. Some will see their teams succeed, while others dread yet another long season - dreaming of what could have been.

As expected, Anthony Davis - the 27-year old reigning Defensive Player of the Year, as well as newly anointed NBA champion - is the prize of free agency, deciding to opt-out of his player option and explore his options on free agency.

The Los Angeles Lakers, desperate to resign Davis and run it back while still having a productive LeBron James on the roster, are heavily expected to be in the fold to sign Davis back. Other teams interested include the New York Knicks, the Boston Celtics, and the Sacramento Kings.

Joining Davis as the big fish of free agency include Hassan Whiteside, DeMar DeRozan, Paul Millsap, Brandon Ingram, and Andre Drummond.

Notable names that decided to sign their player options and continue to work on a longer deal include the Kings' dynamic duo of guard De'Aaron Fox and big man Marvin Bagley III. The team has been trying to build around their young core, but have had recent troubles with an apparent feud brewing.

The Boston Celtics, on their pursuit for Davis, will have to work around the player option of forward Gordon Hayward, who decided to re-up and run it back with the team after they were buried out of the playoffs by the Milwaukee Bucks.

Speaking of the Bucks, they will go into free agency hoping to build a championship-tier squad to persuade perennial MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo to resign this time next year. "The Greek Freak" won the MVP last season and willed his team to the Finals this season, before being thoroughly beaten by the Lakers in five.

The NBA's Moratorium period begins Tuesday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »