Home

A New Hope: NBA2K11 and Beyond.

This is a discussion on A New Hope: NBA2K11 and Beyond. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2022, 06:31 PM   #1
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
A New Hope: NBA2K10 and Beyond.

I'm back finally! After so many problems over the last two years health wise, I'm finally at a place to start making my comeback. This will be a slow burner as I pace myself but will try to post weekly anyway.

I found myself gravitating back to older 2k games in the last few months, and this one of the first franchises that I ever played on the Xbox 360. I never got to finish it but it was really fun. So here is my renewed and refreshed storyline. I may just stick with 2k10 or 2k11, but I would like to progress through each season with a new 2k! Let's see how it goes. I will sim a lot and played selected games per month.

System: NBA2K10, NBA2K11 PC
Rosters: Albys Realistic Roster 7
Sliders: Albys RR7
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Draft Class: 2010 and 2011 Draft
Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Injuries: On
Progressive Fatigue: On
Player Roles: On
Team Chemistry: On
CPU Trades: On
Trade Override: Off

Last edited by RMJH4; 06-21-2022 at 06:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2022, 06:33 PM   #4
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Roster and Depth Chart.

New Jersey Nets Depth Chart - 2009-10
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGDevin HarrisKeyon DoolingChris Quinn
SGCourtney LeeTerrence WilliamsTrenton Hassell
SFChris Douglas RobertsJarvis HayesBobby Simmons
PFYi JianlianSean WilliamsEduardo Najera
CBrook LopezTony BattieJosh Boone

Last edited by RMJH4; 04-21-2022 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:51 PM   #5
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Episode 1: The Last Stand.

Episode 1: The Last Stand.

August 1st, 2009

Howard Schultz wiped the sweat off his forehead with a green handkerchief. It was not the heat outside that made him uncomfortable; it was the angst of waiting for the old Circuit Judge to deliver the Court of Appeal’s judgement to all of those in attendance. Schultz looked across the room and saw Clayton Bennett. Bennett was taking a sip of water from a glass; as calm as one could be. Schultz then looked at Gary Payton sitting next to him on his left. He looked to his right at his attorney. Both of them were just staring ahead into space.

Circuit Judge Gould cleared his throat before addressing the courtroom, “As it was established in the case of Basketball Club of Seattle and Professional Basketball Club, Mr Bennett did in fact act in good faith during his business dealings with Mr Schultz. These acts came to fruition through the representation by the appellant and the facts from the case heard by the District Court are affirmed by this Court of Appeal.”

Schultz frowned and looked at Payton who was clenching his fist in anger. Beaten again. This was the Last Stand.

Gould continued, “You, Mr Bennett, argue that you made reasonable steps in keeping the Seattle Supersonics basketball franchise in the city of Seattle. We have established that you indeed did do this. The original contract of sale did not in actual fact require you to keep the team in Seattle, as claimed by Mr Schultz. You have shown us that your group had no plans to move the team before you had entered into a contract for the team.”

Clayton Bennett nodded his head in agreement as the Judge continued reading his judgement, “This court affirms the decision made in the District Court and agrees with the notion that both parties should end the appeals over the disputed contractual agreement. The contract of sale was not breached and thus it cannot be voided. The Oklahoma City Thunder will remain in situ, and in full possesion of prinicipal owner Clayton Bennett.”

The Circuit Judge focused his gaze at Schultz, Payton and their lawyers, “The license and ownership of the now-defunct Seattle Supersonics franchise will be put into a constructive trust. This appeal is to be dismissed.”
“All rise,” the bailiff called out to the court as the Judges stood and exited the courtroom.

Schultz shook hands with his attorney. Bennett had a look of relief as he left with his team of lawyers. Schultz would wait a few minutes before leaving. He knew that there would be a media frenzy waiting for him outside the courthouse.

“In breaking news this afternoon, Circuit Judge Gould has delivered a judgement stating that the Court of Appeal has dismissed the appeal led by Howard Schultz and his group of attorneys. The Oklahoma City Thunder that has existed for little more than a year will now continue to exist. We now cross live to Seattle where our reporter Michael Dennis is waiting for former Seattle Supersonics’ chairman Howard Schultz to make a statement.”

The feed went to Seattle and on screen there was a mob of journalists on the court steps. Michael Dennis, a veteran reporter, was jostling for position in the crowd and trying not to be pushed out of the view of the camera.

“Thank you Cindy! And we are here outside the Seattle Court of Appeal waiting for Howard Schultz to come out. We just had a quick chat to Clay Bennett who was very relieved with the verdict of the Supreme Court.

In related news, David Stern and the NBA have not made any statements on this case and it seems that they will be keeping quiet about this hot topic. It remains to be seen what happens with the Sonics’ name and history, it is believed Clayton Bennett will let them remain in Seattle for any future ownership groups to use.”

Dennis turned around quickly and followed the other reporters towards Schultz who was walking down the stairs with his lawyers, police, and Gary Payton following behind them. Cameras were clicking as microphones and recorders were stuck in Schultz’s face.

One man shouted, “Mr Schultz! Are you disappointed with the result of this case?”
Schultz answered, “Yes, we are devastated and we are feeling very angry that we have failed yet again with our legal action despite the fact that we thought we had a good chance a few months ago. I am sure that the city of Seattle and the fans of the Sonics are going to be devasted yet again. I am sure they are. NBA basketball is not yet returning.”

“Mr Schultz,” a lady asked very quickly; she seemed like she was about to run out of breath, “Will you appeal again or is that it?”

“We are going to get a team back to Seattle. As you know, the NBA has been slowly heading towards a new CBA negotiation at the end of next season, so we will let our feelings be known. We will know more in the near future.”

Dennis chimed in, “Is it true that Gary Payton is leading a consortium to gain the license to another franchise?

Schultz made a quick glance over his shoulder at Payton and then turned his focus back onto the reporters, “I can’t comment on that sorry. I’m sorry guys but it’s been a very long day at court and I will not be taking any more questions. I will schedule a press conference later on this week so thank you for your time.”

Two burly police officers stepped in front of Schultz and started to push through the media throng, creating a path for the group to get to a car. Schultz and Payton hopped into the backseat and they drove off towards Schultz’s office. Schultz’s lawyers were following in the car behind them. It was time to talk business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2022, 06:59 PM   #6
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Seattle - OKC Situation Big Blow To NBA Credibility.

Seattle - OKC Situation Big Blow To NBA Credibility.

September 2nd, 2009.

In the latest turn of events, one must be wondering about the legitimacy of the NBA and its administration practices. The whole Seattle situation (ending in a dismissed appeal which means that the Oklahoma City Thunder are here to stay) has been an embarrassing bungle for David Stern and the league. When I think of the NBA's integrity, it makes me ponder…

… do people want to be following a league that could be perceived as ‘corrupt’?

This story is not based on whether David Stern received payments from PBL. That is for you to form your own opinion on. Those rumors have already done enough damage to Stern’s reputation and the NBA’s credibility. This story is about how the NBA is, once again, in damage control. The drama about NBA referees made some fans believe that the league may be fixed. Results from the past have been ruined with revelations that a certain official was involved in a scandal.

Fans don’t know whether their teams were robbed or not. Teams that have won will have fans that wonder if they deserved to win; they might have had a sixth player on the court.

The NBA did a great job in sweeping the issue under the rug. They tried to make I clear that it was only one person and all the blame was put on that one person. They alienated themselves from the problem and people tend to forget quickly. People have forgotten. All of this shows how much it means to the league for them to keep their image clean. There is no denying that recent allegations of bribery have hit home hard.

In a country like the United States, people frown upon this kind of behavior. Imagine if at your workplace, you had a colleague who wanted another colleague out. They wanted them out so bad that they went to the boss and payed them to get rid of the colleague that they didn’t want around. After paying the boss, the boss proceeds with the task. How would you perceive these people you work with? Would you want to work in a place like that?

Would you do business with them?

Take another hypothetical for example. That important business proposal of yours is not accepted because your competition pays for theirs to be taken on board. Your proposal is rejected, not on merit but on money. The circumstances may not be the same but the moral is still there. However, I shall give you a quick rundown of what is alleged to have happened in real life.

A few years ago, PBL bought the Seattle Supersonics. One of the main conditions in the sale was for the team to be kept in the city of Seattle. As we all know, the team eventually moved to OKC after much debate. Former Sonics’ chairman led a suit arguing that PBL breached the sale of contract and that they had misrepresented their desire on where to have the team play. That’s not the issue here. The issue is that when Schultz took PBL to court, Bennett panicked and apparently paid money to the league to do something about it. If this were to have happened (I am saying ‘if’); would you really trust the product that we call the NBA?

The NBA wants to sell themselves as a family friendly and household name. People don’t want to follow a sport where the people responsible for its operation seem to be corrupt.

You may now ask whether this is a big deal. If it was not, league execs would not be secretly asking for David Stern to be stood down. If it was not, the NBA would not have distanced itself from the court drama to the extent that they have not even acknowledged the fact that the NBA will not be returning to Seattle. If it was not, the NBA would have filed that motion to intervene in the second time round that Howard Schultz decided to take Clayton Bennett and PBL to court.

Which leads to the next question, does the NBA have plans to expand and return quickly to Seattle?

The words ‘NBA’s integrity.’ It does make me ponder…
Old 04-17-2022, 07:07 PM   #7
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Russian Billionaire Buys NBA's Nets.

Russian Billionaire Buys NBA's Nets.

25th October, 2009.

A Russian white knight seems to have rescued the New Jersey Nets' plans for a move to Brooklyn.

Mikhail Prokhorov lost some $7 billion in the economic downturn, but is still worth $9.5 billion, making a $200 million, 80 percent investment in Bruce Ratner's basketball team no sweat.

Prokhorov says on his blog the deal is a "very profitable business project."

We'll see.

AP: Russia's richest man has a deal to buy a controlling interest in the New Jersey Nets and nearly half of a project to build a new arena in Brooklyn.

Mikhail Prokhorov's Onexim Group announced the deal Wednesday with Forest City Ratner Companies and Nets Sports and Entertainment. They say they have signed a letter of intent to create a partnership for the development of the Atlantic Yards Project.

According to the agreement, entities to be formed by Onexim Group will invest $200 million and make certain funding commitments to acquire 80 percent of the NBA team, 45 percent of the arena project and the right to purchase up to 20 percent of the Atlantic Yards Development Company, which will develop the non-arena real estate.

Prokhorov would be the first non-North American NBA owner.

NBA commissioner David Stern praised the move, saying it will help the NBA expand globally and ensures that the Nets, whose current principal owner is Bruce Ratner, will have a new arena.

"Interest in basketball and the NBA is growing rapidly on a global basis, and we are especially encouraged by Mr. Prokhorov's commitment to the Nets and the opportunity it presents to continue the growth of basketball in Russia," Stern said in a statement.

The NBA will review the proposal, and the deal must be approved by three-fourths of the NBA's board of governors.

Ratner and Prokhorov said in the joint statement they hope to have the sale completed by the first quarter of 2010.

"I have a long-standing passion for basketball and pursuing interests that forward the development of the sport in Russia," Prokhorov said in a statement. "I look forward to becoming a member of the NBA and working with Bruce and his talented team to bring the Nets to Brooklyn."

Stern said the league was looking forward to the Nets' move to a state-of-the-art facility in Brooklyn. The team currently plays at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, N.J., a building that opened about 30 years ago.

Prokhorov, who owns a share in the Russian basketball team CSKA, was ranked as the country's richest man in the Russian edition of Forbes, with an estimated fortune of $9.5 billion. He has weathered the global economic crisis better than many of his wealthy compatriots by cashing out of some lucrative assets before the downturn battered commodity markets.

According to Forbes, his fortune shrank by some $7 billion -- a breathtaking loss by most standards, but mild in comparison with some Russian oligarchs. Roman Abramovich, who as owner of Chelsea is Russia's best-known international sports magnate, lost more than $9 billion, and Oleg Deripaska, a rival in Russia's metals business, lost around $35 billion.

Prokhorov's interest in basketball isn't only as a spectator. The 44-year-old was an avid player in his high school and college years.

He shot to prominence in the murky and chaotic early years of privatization deals that followed the collapse of the Soviet Union. In 1993, the Onexim bank that he headed acquired Norilsk Nickel, one of Russia's huge but lumbering and inefficient industrial conglomerates.

Prokhorov's stewardship saw Norilsk become more efficient and profitable. He resigned as Norilsk chairman in 2007 and sold off his shares for $7.5 billion, but retains substantial interests in other metals companies through Onexim, including shares in gold miner Polyus and Rusal, the world's largest aluminum company.

Onexim's other interests include real estate, insurance and energy.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:08 AM   #8
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

NBA Board of Governors unanimously rejects sale of Nets.

NBA Board of Governors unanimously rejects sale of Nets.

February 1st, 2010.

After years of shaky stewardship by the Ratner family produced numerous millions of debt, the Nets thought they had found a solution to their problems in Mikhail Prokhorov. Finally a new ownership group with deep pockets.

The NBA announced Tuesday that the Board of Governors has voted unanimously to reject the sale of the Nets to Prokohorov.

"The NBA cannot approve the sale of the Nets due to a bakground check that has been recently completed" said Stern. We are unhappy with the long term stability and viability of Mr Prokorhov's wealth and estate.

This now leaves the Nets in a precarious position economically. On speculation that the NBA may need to take over ownership of the Nets, Stern added " We will do what is best to ensure the stability of all 30 franchises. We also have a similar situation brewing in New Orleans, and both will be reviewed and dealt with in the best manner for the league. We are seeking owners for both franchises."

The Nets are currently at the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings with a 4-43 record. They just lost to the Detroit Pistons 97-93 earlier today. The Nets have the lowest average attendance in the NBA the past two seasons. Not far behind that are the New Orleans Hornets, who record wise stand much better with a 26-22 record. Both franchises need a new ownership group quickly or could risk defaulting on payments to their arenas, staff and players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »