Home

Everything You Need to Know About Undisputed Gameplay and Features

This is a discussion on Everything You Need to Know About Undisputed Gameplay and Features within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2024, 09:13 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Everything You Need to Know About Undisputed Gameplay and Features

Steel City Interactive has posted a new Undisputed video providing a comprehensive overview of the gameplay,...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2024, 08:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Everything You Need to Know About Undisputed Gameplay and Features

Pre-ordered the deluxe already, been a boxing fan since the 1976 Summer Olympic Games watching Sugar Ray Leonard compete, so glad to have a new boxing game since what like 13 years. Can't wait till Oct 8th, only problem is I'll be working that day from 8am to 8pm, that is going to be a long slow like molasses darn day at work
Old 09-21-2024, 07:29 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Montesinos
Pre-ordered the deluxe already, been a boxing fan since the 1976 Summer Olympic Games watching Sugar Ray Leonard compete, so glad to have a new boxing game since what like 13 years. Can't wait till Oct 8th, only problem is I'll be working that day from 8am to 8pm, that is going to be a long slow like molasses darn day at work
Right there with ya!! Highly anticipating the final release. Already have the early access so I may only have to pay a bit extra to convert it into the deluxe version (not sure how early access titles work after the a game officially releases). I'll probably end up pre purchasing an additional version on console as well. I'm telling ya'll right now (I know folks lurking lol), I'm about to terrorize online, so tread lightly!!!
Old 09-26-2024, 06:28 PM   #4
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm on xsx and with over 400 bouts online in early access I'll probably have an easier time early on than most - but also planning to do career and fights vs AI As well as I'm not a 'hardcore' online gamer usually. This one can be thrilling when you fight guys who aren't cheesing or exploiting.
Old 09-27-2024, 12:05 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I'm on xsx and with over 400 bouts online in early access I'll probably have an easier time early on than most - but also planning to do career and fights vs AI As well as I'm not a 'hardcore' online gamer usually. This one can be thrilling when you fight guys who aren't cheesing or exploiting.
Absolutely, same here. Haven't deep dived into online competitive since Fight Night champion. I say deep dived because I HAVE been online with undisputed early access here and there but nothing dedicated like back with FNC. This is about to be different, as I see myself totally immersed in online competition, I can feel it! Early access gave me just enough of the overall feel of the game to know that I'll enjoy the fully updated release competitively. The physics of the footwork will make for some great fights with people who approach the game with a simulation perspective.

I'm a heavy career mode guy as well, so I hope the A.I. is varied like they've said it will be. It appears that it is (somewhat) from playing the early access version and I'm under the impression that it should be refined by now. Haven't seen a career mode this deep since Hajime no Ippo, and I've had a great time with it in early access. It has the depth, i.e. infinitely generated A.I. opponents, management, venues (definitely could use more), and multiple belts, but is missing the "icing on the cake", like fully fleshed out ring walks, belt presentation, and a few more things, but the "meat" is certainly there.

Time feels like its sitting still right now, I'm ready to go. Just pre ordered on series x a few minutes ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2024, 11:05 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Absolutely, same here. Haven't deep dived into online competitive since Fight Night champion. I say deep dived because I HAVE been online with undisputed early access here and there but nothing dedicated like back with FNC. This is about to be different, as I see myself totally immersed in online competition, I can feel it! Early access gave me just enough of the overall feel of the game to know that I'll enjoy the fully updated release competitively. The physics of the footwork will make for some great fights with people who approach the game with a simulation perspective.

I'm a heavy career mode guy as well, so I hope the A.I. is varied like they've said it will be. It appears that it is (somewhat) from playing the early access version and I'm under the impression that it should be refined by now. Haven't seen a career mode this deep since Hajime no Ippo, and I've had a great time with it in early access. It has the depth, i.e. infinitely generated A.I. opponents, management, venues (definitely could use more), and multiple belts, but is missing the "icing on the cake", like fully fleshed out ring walks, belt presentation, and a few more things, but the "meat" is certainly there.

Time feels like its sitting still right now, I'm ready to go. Just pre ordered on series x a few minutes ago.
I've always been mostly an offline gamer, I'm looking forward to career mode, I just hope they up the difficulty of the AI, or at least have sliders to adjust it, cause I've seen YouTubers breezing through career on hardest difficulty. They also need to generate younger boxers at the top as time goes by, cause usually by the time you get to the top, the fighters are old, and their stats depleted making them really easy to beat, & when you win titles, you're defending that title against the same people over and over again.

I may venture into online and give it ago, I've never been one to play online against others, but I may try it for a while in this game. This game has very good potential, and overtime with updates, could be amazing.

Yes, the days are going by so slow, Oct 8th seems like neon's away, I just want to get going with my career mode and play already lol.

Last edited by Johnny_Montesinos; 09-29-2024 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-29-2024, 06:34 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Montesinos
I've always been mostly an offline gamer, I'm looking forward to career mode, I just hope they up the difficulty of the AI, or at least have sliders to adjust it, cause I've seen YouTubers breezing through career on hardest difficulty. They also need to generate younger boxers at the top as time goes by, cause usually by the time you get to the top, the fighters are old, and their stats depleted making them really easy to beat, & when you win titles, you're defending that title against the same people over and over again.

I may venture into online and give it ago, I've never been one to play online against others, but I may try it for a while in this game. This game has very good potential, and overtime with updates, could be amazing.

Yes, the days are going by so slow, Oct 8th seems like neon's away, I just want to get going with my career mode and play already lol.
Yea, I noticed the older fighters staying in rotation after I climbed the ranks as well. However, I scrolled down and there appeared to be a ton of new fighters coming into the ranks as the weeks went by, and I could've sworn I did see a new face or two coming to challenge me. That tells me that the "world" is dynamic.

As far as getting matches against the new guys, I think that it may happen (what I was saying above) if you can last long enough, either that, or maybe the devs can tweak the algorithm to raise the percentages/chances of younger guys coming into your sphere before you're too worn out.

With that issue being pointed out, to offer a solution for it, I would propose that the devs allow us to watch random matches as well as take control of any boxer you want within the rankings. This will keep the game fresh after your created boxer gets too old and also allow you to manipulate the rankings, possibly allowing you to bring an up and comer into your original boxers sphere yourself. On top of that, I think it would just be super fun to jump into random matches to test out the different looks and styles that are populated throughout the rankings, as it truly is a "sandbox" from what I've experienced with early access.

I'm just spitballin' now.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 09-29-2024 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-30-2024, 07:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Yea, I noticed the older fighters staying in rotation after I climbed the ranks as well. However, I scrolled down and there appeared to be a ton of new fighters coming into the ranks as the weeks went by, and I could've sworn I did see a new face or two coming to challenge me. That tells me that the "world" is dynamic.

As far as getting matches against the new guys, I think that it may happen (what I was saying above) if you can last long enough, either that, or maybe the devs can tweak the algorithm to raise the percentages/chances of younger guys coming into your sphere before you're too worn out.

With that issue being pointed out, to offer a solution for it, I would propose that the devs allow us to watch random matches as well as take control of any boxer you want within the rankings. This will keep the game fresh after your created boxer gets too old and also allow you to manipulate the rankings, possibly allowing you to bring an up and comer into your original boxers sphere yourself. On top of that, I think it would just be super fun to jump into random matches to test out the different looks and styles that are populated throughout the rankings, as it truly is a "sandbox" from what I've experienced with early access.

I'm just spitballin' now.
Oh that's good to know, cause career mode is something I really want to immerse into, I'll probably wind up doing male & female careers and start over again in different weight classes, after each retires.

I do believe that this game really does have some great potential. The CEO Ash Habib from what I seen from vids of him talking about the game is, he is a true die-hard boxing fan, and a true fan of boxing gaming in general, he talked about all the past boxing games he has played over the years, this game can really get good as time goes by, I'm really looking forward to it since I'm a huge boxing fan, especially of the old-school kind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »