Home

I played my first fight night fight ever online...

This is a discussion on I played my first fight night fight ever online... within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: I played my first fight night fight ever online...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I'm beating everybody I play, but the online community sucks in this game. I just played against a guy who I beat by decision. Now I landed 70% of my shots to his 44%, and I hit him much the pretty much the same number of tiimes, but with 450 less punches thrown. So why in the hell does this dude have anything left on his haymakers in the last round? I almost got dropped trying to avoid his desperation bombs. It's ridiculous that the power isn't signficantly reduced when someone is gassed.

I've had one good game so far and that was against someone on my friends list. I guess like most games, that's just the way I'm gonna have to rock online. Winning is cool and all but I'd much rather lose if it meant seeing better opponents.
This was the case for me last year, i could land double the % of punches yet somehow it is still a close fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
It's ridiculous that the power isn't signficantly reduced when someone is gassed.
I find when their yellow bar is low those desperation bombs are in super slo mo.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #27
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

My first fight was against the #8 guy in the world. He threw body punch after body punch and never stopped before knocking me out. It's frustrating because that's just not real boxing. They need to really change stamina in this game online.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
My first fight was against the #8 guy in the world. He threw body punch after body punch and never stopped before knocking me out. It's frustrating because that's just not real boxing. They need to really change stamina in this game online.
You might try blocking them. You know, kinda like in real boxing.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
You might try blocking them. You know, kinda like in real boxing.
LOL
Quote:
Mix up body blocking, keeping your distance, jabs and crosses.

Last edited by JayBee74; 06-25-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 10

Why didn't you block them? Seriously, when you block a guys big hits, it reduces HIS stamina, so once you block a nice group of them, he's punching slower and s-l-o-w-e-r, leaving his WIDE open for a counter to stun him, then take him out.

Quote:
Old 06-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #31
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Why didn't you block them? Seriously, when you block a guys big hits, it reduces HIS stamina, so once you block a nice group of them, he's punching slower and s-l-o-w-e-r, leaving his WIDE open for a counter to stun him, then take him out.
Yeah i dont understand the issue. you can even block low while moving your head!! try that fellas. Make them miss then make them pay!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #32
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Maybe I had a ****ty run of people the other day, because today was the complete opposite. Nothing but really strategic fights. Finally played my first ranked game and beat some dude by decision. He had Pernell Whitaker, and even though I was outpointing him easily, I got stunned a couple of times off some nice counters. Pernell is really quick, I had to pick my shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »