Home

CPU v CPU sliders

This is a discussion on CPU v CPU sliders within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #17
sj7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU v CPU sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
Here's version 2 of CPU v CPU sliders as I am seeing much more variety all round.

Pro 10 minutes
Ref damage aware 6
Boxer power 9
Boxer spd 6
Physical damage 10
Boxer toughness 7
CPU off aware 9
CPU def aware 10
CPU punch output 0
I keep having the problem of each boxer landing over 50% of their punches every match? Any suggestions?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

I have not been able to reduce to below 50%. The best way might be to create boxers and dumb down there stats i.e. accuracy and make them counter punchers - but realistically who wants to do that for every fighter... At this point I think that I have to accept the percentages. If someone else has a better idea I am very open to it.

Maybe it has to do w/increasing off awareness (50% percentage). the reason why I increased off awareness was that I found that many of the boxers were not "finishing" an opponent off once they were hurt. Also, too many times when a fighter did have his opponent hurt, he would miss a punch, the opponent would counter and stun the fighter and turn the tide. It was becoming predictable w/less variety. Maybe lowering speed and off awareness are the key to less percentages...

Ok, so i am testing again. I lowered off awareness to 5 and have spd at 6 and sometimes 7. Off awareness definately is linked to the # of punches thrown per round. I'll tinker with that to see if that helps the percentages of punches landed.

Last edited by kingdevin; 07-06-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I noticed one thing about the CPU vs. fights before I took my rental back.

Try it on GOAT. The defense is good enough to consistently block or avoid 60-70% of punches even on the default sliders (IMO). Interestingly enough, it did the same thing to me in my (horribly ill-fated) attempts at playing on that difficulty.

It works way better for the lower weight classes - the Heavyweights just bunch up and start slugging the crap out of each other. The lower classes will move around and try to avoid punches, and it makes for some very entertaining fights.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #20
MVP

I definitely see that bcruise. I find that the flow of the fighting is a little weird on GOAT. What I will try is to set sliders on Champion and see if I can find a happy medium...
Old 07-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan5
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cf...ners%20Bracket

CPU vs CPU Heavyweight Bracket. Adjusted these sliders to a good heavyweight match, though they are short a lot. Tyson didn't win once, and there was one of the biggest upsets ever. I'm thinking about doing a CPU vs CPU league type thing. There would be division champs, they'd have to defend the title, a lot like what DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ is doing in the Dynasty HQ forum for UFC. I'd capture the matches and post them there.
Love the tournament format. Wish EA could had put something in like that. I have a 16 heavyweight boxing tourney going, but yea, the heavyweights are sometimes frustrating to watch as they just throw punch after punch at each other.. But watching Rocky Marciano floor Frazier early was fun.. Douglas vs Foreman was also a fun matchup, but foreman threw more punches in this fight than he did in his entire career. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by morieeel
Douglas vs Foreman was also a fun matchup, but foreman threw more punches in this fight than he did in his entire career. LOL
Of course he did....this is pre-George Foreman grill! He was faster before he found fat!
Old 07-12-2009, 02:47 AM   #23
MVP

Version 3 sliders

I like what I see so far...

GOAT
Length round 2min
Ref Foul Aware 10
Ref Damage aware 7
Power 9
Speed 6
Physical Damage 10
Toughness 6
Off aware 8
Def aware 10
Punch Output 0

This should help with bringing down punch landed percentage to <50%
Old 07-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
Version 3 sliders

I like what I see so far...

GOAT
Length round 2min
Ref Foul Aware 10
Ref Damage aware 7
Power 9
Speed 6
Physical Damage 10
Toughness 6
Off aware 8
Def aware 10
Punch Output 0

This should help with bringing down punch landed percentage to <50%
And this is for CPU vs CPU correct? Also, do you notice early knockouts or are all fights almost lasting the distance?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »