Home

Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #49
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Fight Night Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

Tale of the tape!!!! Finally after a million years!!

Do u guys think finally this game will have a better career mode than Evander Holyfield Real Deal Boxing on the Genesis back in 1991?? lol

I'm starting to get excited.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #50
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
Tale of the tape!!!! Finally after a million years!!

Do u guys think finally this game will have a better career mode than Evander Holyfield Real Deal Boxing on the Genesis back in 1991?? lol

I'm starting to get excited.
Did R3 not have a ref and tale of the tape? I thought it did. Don't remember. It was one of my first PS3 games.

What about knockout kings I thought those things were in that series too. Of course..that was a long time ago.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

When exactly is this game to be released? Is it June I'm assuming?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
When exactly is this game to be released? Is it June I'm assuming?
I had read Q1 for 2011. That could mean anything really as each company has different beginnings and endings for their fiscal years.

My money is in March sometime.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: FN: Champion Blog #1 - Community Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Awesome! I'd rather get you guys' opinions on the new features and changes than the mags'.
Our impressions will be better than theres anyway. Lot of the "Journalist" didnt even play the game, and just had presentations. Some only got an hour. None of them have experienced more of the game than we have. Count on it.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sounds promising, you guys got me checking this board often.. hoping to be thrilled when it comes out. I like the sound of engaged fighting in the clinch.. Like the idea of more punches, hoping they have the pop I'm looking for. One thing has me concerned, I played the MMA demo as I hear you all talk about similarities, and was not too thrilled. It feels really unpolished to me. See I'm a martial artist first, but really just a boxing enthusiast since childhood. I enjoy watching boxing history, and Motion varies from one style to another, but is still all somewhat relevant. I agree this needs to be the 2k11 of boxing, cause EA has really frustrated me with their arcadey fest of games as of late. (Don't get me started on Madden). I have been rather harsh on the pop of punches and the lack of footwork I call Mechwarrior migration in FN4.

These are still ideas, but I think we need in boxing what 2k11 brought with isomotion this year. Different movement schemes for different boxing styles, like the way in 2k how you feel the drastic difference between a SG and C, their pace and even their dribbling mechanics. Speedy guys like Ali and Roy Jr. having some isomotion controls such as hesitation (tap LT), stutter step (tap RT). Maybe an elaborate move with elastic recoil (Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson), where he steps back gingerly, then explodes punch (Hold RT (Turbo) move -Left-, then move -Right-, then Punch). For shorter power guys like Tyson and Frazier, maybe (tap LT) is a quick move to get inside quick, (tap RT, then punch) is quick bob and weave to uppercut or hook combo. Maybe for Foreman and Lewis it's bodying up with their body mass, which causes a slight body stamina loss on their opponent. Lots of potential scenarios here.

I really hope we see a lot of variety of knockdowns and KO's this year. From taking knees to stunned and dazed KOs (thinks Tyson v. Berbick), to launching off canvas (Foreman v. Frazier) to rag doll KOs.. Can guys actually get KO'd the first time they go down instead of 4-5 knockdowns? How about guys actually throw in the towel in career? This concludes my boxing rant... still hoping for the best..
Old 11-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #55
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarr43
Sounds promising, you guys got me checking this board often.. hoping to be thrilled when it comes out. I like the sound of engaged fighting in the clinch.. Like the idea of more punches, hoping they have the pop I'm looking for. One thing has me concerned, I played the MMA demo as I hear you all talk about similarities, and was not too thrilled. It feels really unpolished to me. See I'm a martial artist first, but really just a boxing enthusiast since childhood. I enjoy watching boxing history, and Motion varies from one style to another, but is still all somewhat relevant. I agree this needs to be the 2k11 of boxing, cause EA has really frustrated me with their arcadey fest of games as of late. (Don't get me started on Madden). I have been rather harsh on the pop of punches and the lack of footwork I call Mechwarrior migration in FN4.

These are still ideas, but I think we need in boxing what 2k11 brought with isomotion this year. Different movement schemes for different boxing styles, like the way in 2k how you feel the drastic difference between a SG and C, their pace and even their dribbling mechanics. Speedy guys like Ali and Roy Jr. having some isomotion controls such as hesitation (tap LT), stutter step (tap RT). Maybe an elaborate move with elastic recoil (Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson), where he steps back gingerly, then explodes punch (Hold RT (Turbo) move -Left-, then move -Right-, then Punch). For shorter power guys like Tyson and Frazier, maybe (tap LT) is a quick move to get inside quick, (tap RT, then punch) is quick bob and weave to uppercut or hook combo. Maybe for Foreman and Lewis it's bodying up with their body mass, which causes a slight body stamina loss on their opponent. Lots of potential scenarios here.

I really hope we see a lot of variety of knockdowns and KO's this year. From taking knees to stunned and dazed KOs (thinks Tyson v. Berbick), to launching off canvas (Foreman v. Frazier) to rag doll KOs.. Can guys actually get KO'd the first time they go down instead of 4-5 knockdowns? How about guys actually throw in the towel in career? This concludes my boxing rant... still hoping for the best..
co-sign
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 12:25 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarr43

co-sign too!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »