Home

Fight Night Champion Tuner Set #2 : Impressions

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Tuner Set #2 : Impressions within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Tuner Set #2 : Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
The reward is in making them miss and then tagging that chin like NYC Subway Car back in the 80's. It happens.
There, fixed it for you lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
I'm going to call you on that and ask you provide proof that they are throwing that many punches and are at 100%. I can't do it and I know for certain that the guys I'm facing are in trouble by round 5. How do you even know what his stamina is?

I just put in some matches this afternoon. Some in OWC, two in Fight Now. My last OWC match the guy was going jab/straight the whole fight. He was up on the cards all first threes rounds. What I decided to do was move around and make him come after me. That made him miss many punches. By round 7 he was completely gassed. That's when I turned the tables and started working more punches. I knocked him out in round 9, something I thought would not happen. I really thought I was going to lose by decision.

The reward is in making them miss and then seeing their guard break down when they are tired. It happens.
I didn't say he was at 100%
Old 04-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #27

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
I think one huge problem we all have is there is no "baseline" for us to go off of in a fight. Maybe next time around we need to put up some tests to see how the game changes from one patch/tuner to the other. It's hard to say "I fought this guy and ...." when so many variables can be different. For instance, some guys are saying stamina doesn't take a hit like it used to. Well for me I most certainly notice stamina taking a hit and more than before. But these are the fights I'M having, not the next man. One round I had a stamina gain of 1% and I NEVER seen it that low in any of the games I've played, EVER. And I wasn't going all wild out any more than before.
I agree with this. One guy's opponent may be entirely different than mine and creating different variables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo55
I didn't say he was at 100%
I misread. I thought you were saying he was throwing hundreds of punches and didn't drop until round 8.

I think as it is now, you gain momentum in a fight where you are really thriving by round 3. It's like running 5 miles and really having your pace by mile 2. That's realistic to me. Where I see it being an issue is not being able to stop a maniac puncher in time. That's how I felt when fighting the guy that was jab/straight spamming my stomach. but I was able to carry through and see him fatigue. That won't always happen and I know I'm going to face a guy that can masterfully do that and beat me, but for the most part, my legitimate boxing style is being rewarded. I'm 11-1 post this tuner.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #28
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I'm going to call you on that and ask you provide proof that they are throwing that many punches and are at 100%. I can't do it and I know for certain that the guys I'm facing are in trouble by round 5. How do you even know what his stamina is?

I just put in some matches this afternoon. Some in OWC, two in Fight Now. My last OWC match the guy was going jab/straight the whole fight. He was up on the cards all first threes rounds. What I decided to do was move around and make him come after me. That made him miss many punches. By round 7 he was completely gassed. That's when I turned the tables and started working more punches. I knocked him out in round 9, something I thought would not happen. I really thought I was going to lose by decision.

The reward is in making them miss and then seeing their guard break down when they are tired. It happens.
Is this stamina issue on going even with the slider @ 0? has anyone tested the stamina slider? j/w
Old 04-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #29
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't understand for the life of me why they took 1 punch KO out of the game. Why? That and the stamina not being an issue that it penalizes the fighters who are reckless and throw punches non-stop. It elimantes a lot of strategies and rewards arcade style boxing. Thing is I cannot bring myself to fight like that. So ill be taking a lot of losses before I start fighting that way. Not gonna happen!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 0

The problem with one punch KO's is that they don't happen very often at the elite level, so putting them back in wouldn't be extremely realistic. When does Cotto, Hopkins, Calzaghe, Mosley, Manny, RJJ, Oscar, Tyson, Ali, etc have their lights turned out by one punch?

On top of that the game doesn't have enough decisions as is, when today that's the way most fights are going when featuring two top level fighters.

If we want a sim, then more emphasis needs to be placed on patience and wearing a guy down by out boxing them. One punch KO's is just stuff for the highlight reel, and doesn't do much to make a complete boxing sim.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #31
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I don't understand for the life of me why they took 1 punch KO out of the game. Why? That and the stamina not being an issue that it penalizes the fighters who are reckless and throw punches non-stop. It elimantes a lot of strategies and rewards arcade style boxing. Thing is I cannot bring myself to fight like that. So ill be taking a lot of losses before I start fighting that way. Not gonna happen!
I'm going all out here & say 1pKOs & Damage will be in the patch...which is droppin' soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom

If they lowered the stamina whereas these guys fighting reckless would eventually gas out. Making their defense weaker, punches come out slower, and they're more susceptible to counters that would be enough to emphasize strategic gameplay. One punch KO's were there and didn't do much to make people fight sim. Instead, I've seen it backfire and create some pretty unrealistic outcomes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »