Home

Boxing Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Boxing Off-Topic within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2018, 01:42 PM   #4401
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I agree but nobody would watch Crawford-Broner
Spoiler
or Crawford-Thurman?
Crawford beats Thurman. Full stop. Thurman is the epitome of an overprotected, underactive Haymon fighter.

Thurman is very solid. But I see nothing in his skills that make him exceptional. The only thing he has going for him against Crawford is that he's a true welterweight. That's it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #4402
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Crawford's secret weapon: He is ambidextrous. Perhaps the best two-handed fighter in the world. He can switch at a moment's notice, with equal speed and power with either hand.

Plus he has an incredible mean streak. He hurts guys because he seems to like it.

Spence is excellent, but I don't think he can handle that.
I hear ya but it's tough to be ambidextrous when you got some incoming speed and power shots..He can get away with that now but Spence is too much of a technician and aggressive fighter to let him get comfortable. That mean streak goes both ways trust me...Spence gets after you. and if you don't have a mean streak in you and want to hurt people your in the wrong sport..Like I said I don't like Crawfords defense enough for him to keep Spence off of him..
Old 04-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #4403
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Crawford beats Thurman. Full stop. Thurman is the epitome of an overprotected, underactive Haymon fighter.

Thurman is very solid. But I see nothing in his skills that make him exceptional. The only thing he has going for him against Crawford is that he's a true welterweight. That's it.
I think the "true welterweight" factor has some importance in that potential fight as it does in a Spence-Crawford battle. Thurman has had some protection but he still beat Garcia and Porter (albeit by close decisions). Crawford has beat some good fighters with the best being Postol (IMO) but no 140 pound killers.

I wasn't really debating who would win that fight, but rather if you'd have a big interest in seeing it.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #4404
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Broner-Vargas a pick-em, Gervonta a big favorite, Charlo a HUGE favorite. Saturday Night.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #4405
All Star

Quote:
I wasn't really debating who would win that fight, but rather if you'd have a big interest in seeing it.
Sure, I would love to see it, only to see the overrated Thurman get his azz kicked. "One Time" is an appropriate nickname for Thurman, as that's how often he fights per year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #4406
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:

Broner-Vargas a pick-em, Gervonta a big favorite, Charlo a HUGE favorite. Saturday Night.
Hopefully Boener gets knocked out. Love seeing him get destroyed. Will check it out. Always enjoy watching charlo's fights too

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by gmac0322; 04-20-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:01 AM   #4407
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Sure, I would love to see it, only to see the overrated Thurman get his azz kicked. "One Time" is an appropriate nickname for Thurman, as that's how often he fights per year.
He does get injured a lot.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #4408
All Star

Quote:
He does get injured a lot.
Think inactivity has anything to do with that? You can't fight only once per year or less and enter camp expecting your body to adapt easily. Playing the pan flute may be good for the soul, but it doesn't do much for the body.

Even wonder why Floyd, other than his hands, and GGG almost never get hurt? They're in the gym all the time, either training or preparing for two fights per year or more.

Thurman is on the Haymon 401K plan, getting paid a lot to do nothing. One of the countless reasons why the PBC has done FAR more to hurt boxing than help.

Last edited by pk500; 04-20-2018 at 02:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »