Home

Where Is A New Fight Night Game?

This is a discussion on Where Is A New Fight Night Game? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #17
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
ufc is a great game but it's just too complicated to keep me interested.

When it first came out I played quite a bit of it then something else came out and I got away from it. Every once and a while I'll think about playing it again but the thought of having to re learn all the controls keeps me away.

with fight night I could pretty much pick up and play it whenever. I honestly feel like I like the ufc better but it's just too much of a daunting experience virtually.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #18
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Am I the only one who thinks they should combine the two in a game called... "Fight Night"? UFC and Boxing? Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:31 PM   #19
Rookie

JBless's Arena

OVR: 0
great article
Old 03-17-2015, 12:10 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Am I the only one who thinks they should combine the two in a game called... "Fight Night"? UFC and Boxing? Seems like a no-brainer to me.
This has to be a joke! This sounds like a very casual fan post. It's a disrespect to boxing and UFC(MMA) and I don't even like MMA.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:28 AM   #21
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Where Is A New Fight Night Game?

they can't get ONE right.........combining the two would be a disaster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 02:50 AM   #22
MVP

Re: Where Is A New Fight Night Game?

Yeah, i'd LOOVE a new boxing game, not even necessarily just fight night, but a solid next gen boxing game in general with more focus on sim boxing, i felt like fight night was starting to go down a casual style of over substance path(focus on some cheesy champion mode nobody asked for, marketing violent cuts and cussing like it's a big deal, less focus on the gameplay mechanics, etc.)
Old 03-17-2015, 03:29 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
What's also hurting the Fight Night series is that boxing's most marketable star, Floyd Mayweather Jr., is likely going to retire after this year. Outside of Canelo Alvarez, I don't see a lot of fighters brimming with star potential.

The UFC has marketable fighters like Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones, Connor McGregor, etc., that carry more name recognition that 99% of today's current boxers.
On the flip-side once Floyd does retire, he has shown signs of wanting to invest his money wisely. Why would he not make a Floyd Mayweather boxing game? That's gonna sell to hardcore and casuals alike.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:47 AM   #24
Rookie

They really need to get a Fight Night sorted out. Every generation of console I've ever had has been complimented by a boxing game. EA need to stop with their stupid excuses about UFC being the be all and end all in fighting sports too. Mayweather vs Pacman will smash every box office there ever was and that's them fighting 4 years later than they should have. Froch vs Groves at Wembley smashed many a record and that wasn't exactly box office for the world of boxing. As for the future, there are a lot of slick operators. There are enough stars past and present to make another class boxing game. EA just need to actually be bothered and have a dedicated boxing team behind them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »