Home

A Newcomers Dynasty - The Falcons (HC 09)

This is a discussion on A Newcomers Dynasty - The Falcons (HC 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: A Newcomers Dynasty - The Falcons (HC 09)

Thanks for the heads up!

I am already feeling the pain of this as you will find out when i next post a game
Old 01-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
Rookie

WOW what a game!! Lets put it this way it was closer than expected...

If you read my previous posts you will have realised that Brohm is injured and that I was rolling with Sorgi. But the game decided that I shouldn't have any QB's and so Sorgi got injured the day after the Lions game.

So i needed a new QB and I decided to pick up the free agent Quinn Gray who has decent THP but lacks ACC.

Anyway onto the game..

1st Quarter
I won the toss and choose to receive. I presumed that because Tampa ran a cover 2 scheme I would be able to run the ball effectively. I was sadly wrong. First play Rice gets stuffed for a loss of 5. Second play Rice gets no gain. This compounded with a Gray sack and i thought we were going to get hammered.

However my defense was solid.. for a while. A sack gets my hopes up but they are soon dashed as the Bucs drive clinically down the field and finish it off with a TD pass off of a PA. 7-0 Bucs

Penalties and poor decision making by Gray leads to another 3 and out.

My defense then forces a fumble and recovers but it is challenged and overturned. The Bucs luckily do not capitalise.

2nd Quarter
This quarter I was simply dominant (I know suprising isn't it). I didn't pass the ball once on this drive and simply ran the ball from my 30 yard line to the endzone with a combination of Rice and Norwood. It was eventually Norwood who got the TD to tie the game. 7-7

My defense then goes into overdrive forcing a 3 and out. Keith rivers getting a superb sack.

However disaster strikes. Rice fumbles! To be fair it was a huge hit and i couldn't be mad at him although strangely he wanted me to be mad at him.

Anyway I could feel the momentum swinging towards Tampa as they got into the unstoppable 2 minute drill. Luckily Keith Rivers is a god. He picks it off from our 10 yard line and runs it back to midfield.

My offense takes heart from this and drives down the field to gives us a FG with 40 secs left in the half. We convert. 10-7 Falcons.

Unfortunately, Tampa got back into the unstoppable 2 minute drill groove and drove down the field leaving themselves just enough time to knock over a tying field goal. 10-10.

3rd Quarter
Nothing much happened this quarter. The Bucs got a TD off of blown coverage but this quarter almost seemed like the calm before the storm. 17-10 Bucs.

4th Quarter
This is where it started to go a bit crazy. Firstly Gray started completing passes and moving the ball down the field methodically. This resulted in another rush TD for Norwood. 17-17.

The Bucs next drive was one of mixed emotions for me. For the 1st 2 downs my defense would play brilliantly and the Bucs would be facing 3rd and 19 but then the Bucs would call a PA pass, everyone would fall for it, and they would gain 20+ yards. It was frustrating.

Then came the turning point. I'd been working on D-line pressure all week and decided that i should use one. The Bucs gave the ball to Earnest Graham who then got absolutely crushed by Keith Brooking. The ball popped loose and Brooking picked it up and raced 80 yards for the go ahead TD with 4:00 minutes left!! 24-17 Falcons.

My defense then forces them to punt. 2 first downs and i've got the W. UNfortunately my Offense picks the worst time to have a 3 and out and gives the ball straight back to tampa.

They march down the field in true 2 minute drill style and score a TD with no time left. 24-24. This game goes to OT.

OT
I win the toss and choose to receive.
I make a couple of gutsy 4th down calls and suddenly I'm on their 37.
Rice then ploughs straight up the middle for a gain of 12.
I QB sneak with Norwood and get to the 1. I knock the FG over and Falcons win!!!!!!! 27-24.

We are now 2-0. I will give you the stats in the next post. Thanks for reading!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
Rookie

Ok so the stats:

QB Gray 13/28 156 yards 0TD 0INT
HB Rice 30 ATT 79 yards 2.6 avg
HB Norwood 9 ATT 61 yards 6.7 avg 2TD
SS Steltz 11 Tackles 3 TFL
ROLB Rivers 6 Tackles 3 TFL 1 INT
MLB Brooking 1 FF 1 FR 1 TD
WR Jennings 3KR 97 yards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #12
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

OVR: 7

Good wins. However, I would suggest switching Suggs and Brooking if you are running a 3-4. Suggs is a sack master.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »