Home

Making the Seahawks fly high again (NFL HC09)

This is a discussion on Making the Seahawks fly high again (NFL HC09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27
Making the Seahawks fly high again (NFL HC09)

I will be taking over the Seahawks, and I'll try to build them into a perenial championship team.

Coach Name: Kirk Plum
Offensive Playbook: College Attack
Defensive Playbook: 4-2-5
Overall Skill: 11
Special Skills: 5/44 (Have all QB & only missing 1 WR, then I'll get Passing Game one)
Personality: Titan
Start: Offseason (my game won't let me start in Pre-Season, it freezes when I do)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

Re: Making the Seahawks fly high again (NFL HC09)

Here are my philosophies:
QB: Field General
RB: Power
FB: Blocking
WR: Speed
TE: Softhands/Routes
ALL OLINE: Size/Strength/Engulger(Mauler)
DE: Undersized Speed Rusher
DT: One gap penetrator
OLB: Cover 2
MLB: Coverage/Cover2
CB: Man Coverage/Ballhawk
FS: Centerfielder
SS: Big Hitter
K: Big Leg
P: Big Leg
Old 11-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

January 13, 2008
By Adam Schefter

Mike Holmgren has decided to leave the Seattle Seahawks’ head coaching position and become the new president of the Cleveland Browns Organization. He has notified the Seahawks about the decision, and they will start looking for his replacement immediately.

When asked about his decision, Holmgren had this to say, “I will always cherish my time here in Seattle. It has been one hell of a ride, and I will always appreciate that Seattle gave me the opportunity to come here, and have the chance to win here.”

The Seahawks had this to say: “We really appreciate that Mike brought his coaching talents here to Seattle, and helped us become a winner. We will always love the guy that took us to our first Super Bowl, and turned us into a perennial playoff team. We believe that he has helped set up a team, that even without him leading our team, we will still be a continual playoff team for years to come. We thank Mike for his time here, and we wish Coach Holmgren all the best in whatever his future holds.”
There word yet on who Seattle has pegged as their new head coach, but word is that they are interested in Defensive Backs coach Jim Mora as a possible replacement.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

February 3, 2008
By Adam Schefter

The Seattle Seahawks are going to introduce their new head coach this afternoon. After weeks of searching, they have finally found the guy that they think will help push this Seahawks team to the next level, and that man is former Michigan State Offensive Coordinator Kirk Plum.

Kirk Plum has been the offensive coordinator under Coach Mark Dantonio since 2004 when Dantonio was hired as the new head coach for . He then moved on to become the offensive coordinator under Dantonio when, Dantonio left to become the new Michigan State head coach. He helped Michigan State have back to back Big Ten Championship years, and a Rose Bowl Championship this past year, after a win in the Inaugural Big Ten championship game. Not to mention that he helped develop quarterback Kirk Cousins into one of the best quarterbacks in the nation and Michigan State’s offense into one of the countries most powerful.

Kirk played college football at the University of North Carolina from 1980-1982, winning the Heisman Trophy in ’81 and ’82. Then the Tampa Bay Buccaneers selected him 1st overall in the 1983 draft. He then became the one of the best, if not the best player to ever play in the NFL. He won 6 Super Bowls with the Bucs, who is the team he played for in all of his 20 years in the NFL. He averaged 4,500 yards passing and 45 touchdown passes a year, and 1,000 yards rushing and 11 rushing tds a year to go with it. He finished his career with 90,000 yards passing with 900 passing tds, and 20,000 rushing yards with 220 rushing tds, all records. He will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year, his 1st time on the ballot, with 100% of the vote.

This is what coach Kirk Plum had to say about his recent hiring: “I am blessed to be the new Head Coach of the Seattle Seahawks. I will try my best to keep the winning ways going in this wonderful city. I thank the ownership for giving me this opportunity, and you will not be disappointed.”

This is what Mark Dantonio had to say, “Kirk is one of the most gifted coaches that I have ever been around. He is able to see things in defenses that nobody else can. I mean, when he was a quarterback at North Carolina, he was practically the offensive coordinator himself. He is so good at getting everybody to play their hardest, because everybody loves him and wants to win for him. The Seahawks are lucky to have him, and we will try to replace him the best that we can. I wish him the best of luck, and I will bet that the Seahawks will have at least one Super Bowl win fairly soon.”

It seems like the Seattle Seahawks found the right man for the job, and we wish Kirk the best of luck.

Last edited by msuboy11; 11-23-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

Now that the draft is here, and the free agency signing period is mainly over, let’s see what moves the Seattle Seahawks made this offseason:

-They acquired LT Marcus McNeill from the Chargers for RE Patrick Kerney, RT Sean Locklear, and 2008 2nd round draft pick
-They traded for DT Amobi Okoye, giving the Texans LG Mike Wahle, and 2009 4th and 5th round draft choices.
-Traded for MLB Patrick Willis, giving the 49ers QB Matt Hasselbeck and DT Brandon Mebane
-Traded LT Walter Jones, C Chris Spencer and a 2008 6th round pick for QB Carson Palmer

Even though they did not make many moves, the ones that they made were gigantic and great. Even though they all look like good moves, you can never fully know in the NFL until you see how it works on the field, so we will re-evaluate these roster moves after the season. We will also do it for the Seahawks’ draft too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

This is Mel Kiper JR. here, and I am here to evaluate the Seattle Seahawks draft this year. Here is my evaluation:

ROLB Keith Rivers at #9 overall pick*-The Seahawks had a need at linebacker and Rivers should be able to make an immediate impact as a rookie. He played as a true freshman at USC in 2004 and started 36 games over the next three seasons. He's a versatile player with good instincts and great character.

RB Rashad Mendenhall at #25 overall pick-With Felix Jones off the board, Mendenhall is a much better fit for Seattle's style. While Mendenhall didn't win the starting job for two years, he enters the league without a lot of wear-and-tear on his body. In his only season as the featured back, he put up 1,681 yards and 17 touchdowns on 262 carries

WR DeSean Jackson at #61 overall pick (Round 2)**-Carson Palmer gets the playmaker he's been coveting in Jackson. A deep threat, Jackson is in the mold of Carolina's Steve Smith -- a small but shifty receiver, who gives the Seahawks their most explosive weapon, as well as a potentially great punt returner.

TE Jermichael Finley at #74 overall pick (Round 3)*** - Finley has a lot of potential, but is somewhat immature and needs time to develop. He was an outstanding basketball player in high school and there is a tradition of tight ends with a basketball past becoming great players in the NFL.

RT Carl Nicks at #104 overall pick (Round 4)****- Nicks hasn't played enough college football to expect great things from him early in his career. He does have bulk and can move better than expected at his weight. There are some concerns that he will battle weight issues throughout his career, but he can block a linebacker in space. This is a boom-or-bust pick.

WR Mario Manningham at #110 overall pick (Round 4)*****-Manningham was very productive in college and is a talented player that had a much higher grade before a poor showing at the combine. The Seahawks will try and get him focused and could have found a talent late in the draft.

CB Jonathan Wilhite #187 overall pick (Round 6)******-Wilhite was a junior college transfer to Auburn. He made 22 starts and ran very well with a 4.4 in the 40-yard dash. He has strong measurables across the board as well as 101 tackles in college. He is very good at flippping his hips and recovering in coverage, though he did have injury concerns in college.

RB Ryan Torain #218 overall pick (Round 7)-Torain started the season really well, but was derailed by a foot injury midway through the year. He's a junior college transfer that likes to run between the tackles. The Arizona State product has potential to develop.

*(traded Bengals 2009 2nd rd. pick along with WR Bobby Engram and FS Brian Russell)-
**Traded up 2008 2nd rnd 61st pick for 2008 3rd(86th) & 2009 3rd rnd pick
***Traded up 2008 3rd(74th) for HB Maurice Morris and DT Marcus Tubbs
****Traded up 2008 4th(104th) for SS Deon Grant and WR Courtney Taylor
*****Traded up 2008 4th(110th) for 2008 4th(118th) & 2009 6th
******Traded up 2008 6th(187th) for 2009 7th, QB Charlie Frye

Last edited by msuboy11; 11-23-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #7
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

I forgot to write down the box scores for the 1st season, but we finished 10-6. We made it to the playoofs, but we lost to the Cowboys in the Wildcard round of the playoffs.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

Now that the season is over, we will evaluate this past year’s offseason:

-Traded LT Walter Jones, C Chris Spencer and a 2008 6th round pick for QB Carson Palmer
BEST ADDITON EVER!!!!!!!- won the MVP, NFL Offensive Player of the year, and NFL QB of the year. He threw 46 touchdowns, only 16 interceptions, 5946 passing yards (new NFL record), and 64% completions. He also led the team to 10 wins.

-Chad Johnson*Not Included before (he was released after draft; I signed him for a 1year deal worth 4mil.)
Reason for BEST ADDITION EVER!!!!!!!-Chadl had 173 receptions, 2441 yards receiving, 10 touchdowns, 14.1 yard-per-catch avg., but had 22 drops. He had 41% of Carson’s passing yards himself!! The Carson-Chad connection works in more places than just Cinci.

-Traded for MLB Patrick Willis, giving the 49ers QB Matt Hasselbeck and DT Brandon Mebane
Almost as good as the Palmer trade!!!- Patrick had 143 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 6 interceptions, 7 deflections, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery.

-They traded for DT Amobi Okoye, giving the Texans LG Mike Wahle, and 2009 4th and 5th round draft choices.
Great trade! - Amobi was a monster in the middle. He had 56 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 5 pass deflections.

-They acquired LT Marcus McNeill from the Chargers for RE Patrick Kerney, RT Sean Locklear, and 2008 2nd round draft pick
Good trade- Marcus did pretty well during the season. For most of the season, he was in the OLINE of the year running. In the last couple of weeks, he kind of fell out of it. He had 12 pancake blocks, but let up 8 sacks. 69% of his run blocks were successful, while 78% of his pass blocks were successful.

*Palmer (Duh!!),Johnson, Willis, and Okoye all made the pro bowl.

Last edited by msuboy11; 11-24-2011 at 03:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »