Home

Fasheed Payne

This is a discussion on Fasheed Payne within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Fasheed Payne

Gruden out, Payne in
In a press conference, Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Jon Gruden spontaneously announced his resignation from the team after receiving an offer to be an analyst for Monday Night Football. "I just couldn't deny such an offer. I felt my time as a coach was up and that I needed a change in employment. No biggie," Gruden said, with a smile across his face.

Gruden would not just leave owner John Barclay III and the Bucs in the dust though. He recommended they hire a good friend of his, a youngster by the name of Fasheed Payne, an Orlando native. With training camp fast approaching, Barclay took Gruden for his word and hired the aspiring head coach, leaving no regrets: "If Gruden says he's a good hire, he's probably a good hire," commented Barclay.

Gruden insists Payne is a lot like himself: ambitious, energetic, and optimistic. "He'll get Tampa some publicity, that's for sure. He is a headliner." is what Gruden had to say about his good friend. Gruden said the playbooks will be changed around but that Tampa will love him for it.

Gruden seems enthusiastic about the future of the Buccaneers and says he will continue to root for them. Fasheed was unable to be reached for comment but a multitude of players have supported the decision to hire him on Facebook and on their player websites.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Fasheed Payne

Tampa Bay's 2008 Draft Picks
PickPlayerCollegePosHtWt
1-20Aqib TalibCB6'2"180
2-27Dexter JacksonWR5'10"183
3-20Jeremy ZuttahRG6'4"290
4-16Dre MooreDT6'4"312
5-25Josh JohnsonQB6'3"218
6-9Geno HayesROLB6'2"210
7-31Cory BoydHB6'1"200

The Bucs went with a balanced approach in the draft, picking up a mix of offensive and defensive players. They drafted mostly based on team need.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Remind me to thank Jon Gruden for this job opportunity. Oh man...I'm a head coach in the NFL. What to do first?

I know. Establish my philosophy with the team. Make it very clear too.

Offensive Playbook Control: I'll let Bill Muir call the plays as long as my playbook is used. I just don't feel ready to call my own plays yet.

Offensive Scheme: They were a west coast team before and they're a west coast team now. It's just some things are a little different. I want to keep a balance between run and pass, just like things have always been for these guys.

Defensive Playbook Control: Monte Kiffin probably won't be defensive coordinator come next year, but he will call the plays for now.

Defensive Scheme: The team is still in a 4-3 but we will be blitzing A LOT.
QB: I cannot STAND statues in the pocket. I need some mobility. He needs to be pretty accurate and does not need some rocket arm. Just please be moderately fast.

HB: A balanced halfback is necessary. He should be able to run over guys or around them.

FB: A nice fullback that can truck through fellas is always nice but I prefer dominant lead blockers at this position

WR: Gruden seemed to like taller receivers but I like the small and shifty ones that run routes precisely.

TE: I like balance at TE: you should be able to catch and/or block in any given situation.

T: Big *** tackles have always been a fetish of mine, so to say. I love big engulfing linemen on the outside that overwhelm the opposition's best pass rushers.

G/C: On the inside, I prefer skill over anything, or more specifically, balance.

DE/DT: I need pass rushers on the line to put pressure on the QB but I still want them to be competent in the run. Maybe athletic freaks would work?

OLB: I need a balance of blitzing and coverage.

MLB: My middle linebacker needs to be the shark of the defense, all over the place. I need him to be very athletic.

CB: My corners will often be in man AND zone coverage so they need to do well at both.

FS: My free safety will be patrolling the deep parts of the field and making plays whenever possible.

SS: The strong safety should be balanced: able to lay that wood but also good enough to defend in coverage.

K/P: Accuracy and foot strength are both key here.

Eugene Wilson is a perfect SS in our system so he was moved to that position with Tanard Jackson staying at FS.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Bucs make early cuts
The Bucs have taken the initiative and have already cut several players from the team. Fasheed Payne was reached for the first time to discuss the reasoning behind the cuts. He said, "We have a very specific philosophy here in Tampa Bay. If you don't fit the mold, you better be really good or else you might not make the squad. This was the case here."

I have made the decision to cut some guys. I've already talked to the press about it as well as the coaches.

Byron Leftwhich is something I hate: A STATUE. We have EIGHT quarterbacks on the roster, including Byron, so it needs to be cut down. He will not give us any penalty so it only makes sense to go ahead and get rid of him. He will not be starting with us.

Fullback Chris Hetherington was also released. We have two fullbacks already in B.J. Askew and Carl Stewart. One of them will be cut also.

Wide receivers Paris Warren and Michael Spurlock were cut too. I HIGHLY doubt these two can learn my playbook and they are not very good at all.

Defensive tackle Greg Peterson is 24 years old so I'm sure he'll find a new home someday. It just won't be with Tampa Bay.

The last of the cuts were outside linebackers Mike McCoy and Leon Joe. They're both relatively young and I hope they find new homes. We just had too many outside linebackers to keep track of.

We've also placed SS Sabby Piscitelli on the trade block. He has loads of potential but just isn't the type of strong safety we desire AND we already have Eugene Wilson.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Bucs make big trades
In a press conference, it was announced that Bucs QB Jeff Garcia and WR Joey Galloway have been traded to the Falcons & Texans respectively. Both teams gave up a 2009 3rd round pick and 2010 5th round pick to obtain these players. The Falcons now have a mentor and backup for rookie quarterback Matt Ryan; the Texans have a potential #2 option next to Andre Johnson.

Both of these guys are old and injury-prone. I just felt it was time to move on from them and maybe let some youth get their chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins
Sep 9, 20081ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tampa Bay Buccaneers ()00141024
Miami Dolphins ()370717
Team Stats Comparison
TAMMIA
Total Offense244236
Rushing Yards12471
Passing Yards120165
First Downs1214
Punt Return Yards5255
Kick Return Yards90126
Total Yards386417
Turnovers13
3rd Down Converstion2-164-13
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3/12/0
Penalties12/1115/45
Posession Time29:4229:52
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Griese10/121201
B. Gradkowski0/2
J. Johnson0/61
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C. Williams10565.62
E. Graham6274.5
D. Savage4184.5
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
M. Stovall37224.0
D. Jackson2168.00
A. Bryant2157.51
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
D. Penn3
J. Zuttah21
A. Sears2
A. Smith2
J. Trueblood11
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
D. Brooks10
C. Hovan42
S. Davis31
R. Nece31
E. Wilson21
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
J. Bidwell1/23/3631
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
M. Bryant518837.6
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
A. Talib25427.0
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
A. Talib44310.7
Miami Dolphins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Henne7/148312
T. Dilfer4/12661
J. Beck1/6161
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R. Brown9525.7
R. Williams2189.0
J. Parmele7-8-1.1
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
E. Wilford33311.0
G. Camarillo24020.01
D. Hagan23417.0
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
R. Mauia2
S. Satele2
S. McKinney1
S. Murphy11
J. Smiley10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
J. Taylor42
E. Miles4
W. Allen4
R. Godfrey4
R. Ninkovich3
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
J. Feely1/1342
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. Fields418947.2
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
K. Davis37525.0
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
T. Perry5387.6

Bad opponent or not, this was a good game for us. We have progressed with learning the playbooks and have unlocked the potential of two of our rookies, Aqib Talib and Dexter Jackson. Talib may just be a bust; Jackson was worth the 2nd round pick apparently but will need time to develop.

Our next game is against New England in our stadium.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Just realized I had the date wrong on that last boxscore. I think I just won't do dates. I mean, who really cares?

Also, I might just sim through preseason and start posting boxscores for regular season when I start actually playing the games.

Last edited by BusinessmanJ; 06-21-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
Rookie

After going 2-2 in the preseason, I made the promise to Mr. Barclay, the team, AND the media that we'd make the playoffs. Even though I wasn't impressed during the preseason, it'd be harder for us NOT to make the playoffs, considering the competition (or lack thereof) in our division.

The depth chart for this year will be as followed:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Depth Chart -
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRIke HilliardMichael Clayton
TEBen TroupeAlex SmithJohn Gilmore
LTLuke PetitgoutDonald Penn
LGArron SearsAnthony Davis
CJeff FaineDan Buenning
RGDavin JosephJeremy Zuttah
RTJeremy TruebloodDonald Penn
WRDexter JacksonMaurice Stovall