Home

College Basketball Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Basketball Off Topic within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #1017
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: College Basketball Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Really what needs to happen, is the NBA just needs to let kids enter the draft out of high school, instead of having this age limit. Now that there is a minor league of sorts, with the G League, they could send these high schools kids straight to G League that get drafted, to season them up a bit, and help them mature more.

Their is always going to be some coaches and schools who cheat, but IMO, what the NCAA did, really isnt going to stop or really even curtail the cheating.

What the NCAA needs to do, is get rid of some of the stupid rules they have, but also make harsher penalties for coaches and schools who cheat. IMO if a coach, whether it be head coach, or assistant, they should get a life time ban, if money changed hands, and the same should go for a school or coach fixing grades so a kid is eligable to play, or in Calipari and D Rose's case having someone set in to take the SAT test, for a kid who is not very smart. If the NBA rule change on age hadnt been messed with, then in that case there wouldnt have been a issue, as Rose would have went pro out of high school. Some people just arent cut out for college, I know I sure the heck wasnt back in the day,lol.

You start handing down death sentences to coaches and schools who cheat, it will fixed that issue. Im sure some like Kelvin Sampson would still attempt to cheat the system, but cheating would be almost nonexistent, especially after a coach or school got nailed with a death sentence, where the coach or coaches were banned for life, and the schools basketball program or football program which it was that cheated, were banned from all competition for if not a lifetime ban, make it like a 10 yr ban. You can bet that would clean things up, considering its mens basketball and football that are the money makers for schools.

You start banning coaches, like baseball did with Pete Rose and gambling, you will clean things up right away
Funny that you mention Kelvin Sampson, what has he done lately to cheat the system?
You do realize all the things that he did at Indiana are now not illegal right?
Is he still doing illegal things?
Old 08-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #1018
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Funny that you mention Kelvin Sampson, what has he done lately to cheat the system?
You do realize all the things that he did at Indiana are now not illegal right?
Is he still doing illegal things?

They may not be illegal now, but they were then,lol.. I have no idea if he is still cheating. The sad thing is Sampson, is actually a good coach, I never understood, especially right after the infractions at OK, he turned around, and was doing the exact same thing. Rumor has it, he was actually doing the same thing with phone calls, during his introductory press conf at IU,lol. Take that for what its worth, I heard Dakich say it, and while I do like Dakich with him being a Coach Knight guy, I think sometime he exgerates things so it may not actually be true it was going on then.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 08-09-2018, 11:45 PM   #1019
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Wake Forest assistant coach punches a guy that allegedly killed the man.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ist-police-say

Quote:
Wake Forest*assistant men's basketball coach Jamill Jones has been arrested and charged with third-degree assault in connection with the death of a 35-year-old Florida man who was in New York City for a wedding.
Jones turned himself into police Thursday afternoon and was arraigned Thursday night at Queens County Criminal Court. Jones was released on his own recognizance and was ordered to return to court Oct. 2.
"We have just been made aware of this matter and we are gathering information," a Wake Forest spokesman said. "We will make a further statement after we learn more about the matter."
According to police, Jones allegedly punched Sandor Szabo in the face following a confrontation in the early morning hours Sunday that began when Szabo knocked on Jones' car window thinking it was his Uber ride.
Szabo lost consciousness when his head hit the pavement, and he was brought to an area hospital in critical condition. He was treated for fractures to the left side of his face and the rear of his skull, along with bleeding of the brain. He was taken off life support Tuesday afternoon.
"It's an unfortunate and tragic incident," Jones' attorney, Alain Massena, told ESPN. "Mr. Jones and his family, their deepest condolences go out to the Szabo family. We simply hope that the public gives Mr. Jones an opportunity to litigate this matter in the court and not in the press."
Massena said Jones is cooperating fully with the investigation. A third-degree assault charge is a misdemeanor in New York.
The investigation is ongoing, and charges against Jones could be upgraded, police said.
Jones is set to begin his second season on Danny Manning's Wake Forest staff after joining in the spring of 2017. He also spent time as an assistant coach at UCF, VCU and Florida Gulf Coast going back to 2013. Jones started his coaching career as an assistant coach with the Team Takeover AAU program after graduating from Arkansas Tech in 2008.
Szabo was "super outgoing, friendly, and an incredibly smart businessman," his digital marketing company, What If Media Group, wrote in a Facebook post.
"He was always upbeat, positive, kind and caring," the post continued. "He was fun to be with, interesting, and always interested. He was a really good person."
Szabo, who lived in Boca Raton with his brother, always had a bright smile and shared a love of fishing, cooking and family, the company said.
"His beautiful spirit and his love of life will remain with us," the company said in the Facebook post. "We are going to miss him dearly."
Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:26 PM   #1020
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Wake Forest assistant coach punches a guy that allegedly killed the man.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ist-police-say

Wow, thats sad to hear. I thought I had a short fuse back in my younger days, but to punch someone for knocking on your car window thinking it was his uber driver is crazy. Unless there is more to the story than that, that assistant coach is going to spending many yrs behind bars, possible the rest of his life behind bars.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 08-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #1021
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Wow, thats sad to hear. I thought I had a short fuse back in my younger days, but to punch someone for knocking on your car window thinking it was his uber driver is crazy. Unless there is more to the story than that, that assistant coach is going to spending many yrs behind bars, possible the rest of his life behind bars.

The guy was drunk so there was almost certainly more to it, but if you’re ready to punch a person in the face, be ready that this might happen.

He will also likely not spend the rest of his life in prison, as this will likely be a manslaughter charge, not murder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #1022
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

Case ruled as a homicide as the victim suffered a brain injury due to the hit.

I must say...I've never heard of a single punch doing this much damage. Surely the victim's head hit a pole, hit the sidewalk in an odd position...something.

It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:23 AM   #1023
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Thumbs up Re: College Basketball Off Topic

Vols pick up a rare 5* prospect. Vols was 1st college to offer the kid at age 13: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...see-volunteers
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 09-28-2018, 10:57 AM   #1024
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

LSU junior Wayde Sims was shot and killed on the Southern University campus early this morning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »