Home

2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

This is a discussion on 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #25
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
It's funny because with me being on the East Coast and not really getting alot of Pac-12 talk over here, when I thought of Washington Basketball, Romar and Roy were the first two names that instantly pop up. For me, they basically put Washington on the Map in the College Hoop Scene.
They absolutely did. Just a shame that Romar couldn't keep it going. That 04-05 season with all the local talent leading the way was magical with Brandon Roy, Nate Robinson and Will Conroy. A couple of the years with Isaiah Thomas were pretty damn fun too, but the last five seasons have been so brutal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #26
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

New rumor is that UW was going to keep Romar, but found out the Porters were going to book it to Mizzou even if they kept him. Dunno how much I trust it though.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #27
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Clappy the Clown has been fired by Indiana, thank GOD!
Rumor I am hearing is it will be Greg Marshall next.
Of course everyone here in Indiana wants Brad Stevens, that is just a pipe dream tho.
My dream hire would be Billy Donovan, don't see that happening either tho.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #28
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Clappy the Clown has been fired by Indiana, thank GOD!
Rumor I am hearing is it will be Greg Marshall next.
Of course everyone here in Indiana wants Brad Stevens, that is just a pipe dream tho.
My dream hire would be Billy Donovan, don't see that happening either tho.
long time no talk Jake. Happy for you about Crean. Hopefully you guys get someone that can bring Indiana back to it's rightful place among the bluebloods. Much more fun to see Indiana be good and maybe one day we will get another series started up. Like you I would prefer home and home, but I would take anything to get that series started back up again.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:11 PM   #29
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

NC State has its next HC

Quote:
N.C. State has agreed to a deal with UNC Wilmington head coach Kevin Keatts to replace Mark Gottfried as the Wolfpack head coach, sources confirmed to NBC Sports.

Keatts, a former assistant with Louisville, as spent the past three seasons at UNCW, going 72-28 in those three seasons and winning at least a share of the CAA title all three years. Keatts reached two NCAA tournament, losing first round games by single-digits both years.

The news was first reported by ESPN.

This is an excellent hire by the Wolfpack, as Keatts was arguably the hottest mid-major name on the market. He’s an excellent recruiter and has proven himself as an in-game tactician, but he also can develop talent and work boosters. He should be able to find some success in Raleigh.

That said, the job that he takes over is never going to be easy. He’s at the third-best program in his neighborhood and may not be at a top half of the ACC job, but he’ll be coaching a program whose fan-base believes that they should be competing for conference titles and Final Fours the way that North Carolina and Duke are. There are expectations there, and those expectations aren’t going to be easy to fulfill.

That said, Wolfpack fans are never going to have to worry about whether or not their team will play hard, which was an issue for that program the last two years. I’m not ready to predict that Keatts will get N.C. State to the point that they are winning ACC titles — that conference is loaded — but getting that program back to respectability is the baseline for Keatts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2017, 08:03 PM   #30
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Big fan of the Martin hire for Missouri.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:32 PM   #31
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
Big fan of the Martin hire for Missouri.
For the recruits I assume?

Really like the Keatts hire for NC State, did not expect UNCW to dictate the tempo against UVA but they did, just came up a little bit short.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #32
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Rumor is Illinois has completed their coaching search, Illinois has a weird state law about a position being posted for a week before an announcement is made but it isn't always followed (football job was only posted 4 days before Lovie was announced for example), but the basketball rule was adhered to with Groce as well as when Beckman was hired in football (so glad Mike Thomas is no longer AD). If it is followed announcement couldn't be made until Monday (I imagine it would still leak but hasn't yet).

AD was heading to Indy last night, Dayton was there so I was thinking Archie Miller but there are all kinds of names circulating right now so no idea who it will actually end up being. Brad Underwood has the most smoke right now, but only being at Ok State for a year not sure he'd move. I would love either of those though both very good coaches, hopefully he would retain Walker on staff otherwise Mizzou will likely be adding Jeremiah Tilmon and Mark Smith to their 2017 class. Could also be neither of those, like I said no one seems to know even the usual insiders the only thing known is the AD was in Indy last night which is where both Miller and Underwood just got eliminated, he did interviews before those as well but timeline wise seems it would be someone from last night.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »