Home

2017 Midwest Region Discussion

This is a discussion on 2017 Midwest Region Discussion within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
2017 Midwest Region Discussion

Please discuss.

We have Kansas as the 1 seed here. The Big 10 regular season champ and the Big 12 Postseason champs.

In the bottom part, we have Quick Rick with a couple teams who either dealt with injuries early or are dealing with them now. I think the Michigan Oklahoma State will be fantastic and I am very high on Michigan. Im concerned more people are jumping on that bandwagon given this past week.

I have it coming down to Oregon and Kansas in this region. My upset in the 1st round is Rhode Island over Creighton.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #2
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2017 Midwest Region Discussion

Kansas will be out by the end of the weekend. Dolla Dolla Bill yall.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #3
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

I got Michigan out of the Midwest given how well they have been playing recently.....not trying to be a homer, i wasn't really expecting much in the B1G tournament, but they are on a roll now, and i think Louisville is beatable.

I got Rhode Island in the Sweet 16, and Iowa St beating Kansas as my other upsets

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 03-13-2017, 08:34 PM   #4
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32

This is the region that i am most unsure of. I am not sure who's going to make it out of the region. I think Rhode Island could make run to the second round but I still think Oregon could make some noise.

If Michigan can get by Oklahoma State they have enough shooters to space Louisville out and give them fits. Oklahoma State can score the ball so well, so Michigan is going to have their hands full on Friday.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:55 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
I got Michigan out of the Midwest given how well they have been playing recently.....not trying to be a homer, i wasn't really expecting much in the B1G tournament, but they are on a roll now, and i think Louisville is beatable.

I got Rhode Island in the Sweet 16, and Iowa St beating Kansas as my other upsets
I figure Michigan loses in the 1st game, too much hype right now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

It's just so tough because Michigan can lose in the first round or beat L'ville and move to the second weekend, Oregon can lose early or go the elite eight, Kansas can lose to Mich St. or Miami, or win it all, Iowa State can lose in the first round or go to the elite eight (same with Purdue). Literally ANYTHING can happen in this region.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #7
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Very impressive that Kansas was able to win the Big Ten regular season and Big XII tournament seeing as they played 1 game in the Big XII tourney and no Big Ten games in 2017.

Kidding aside, I think this will be the bracket I get the most "wrong." I don't really have a good feel for Louisville or Oregon without Boucher. Toss in an underwhelming 4 seed and it's a mess to figure out. Louisville could go all the way to the FF or they could flame out against Michigan. I generally ride with Rick Pitino when I can but this squad is just...off.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:31 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
Very impressive that Kansas was able to win the Big Ten regular season and Big XII tournament seeing as they played 1 game in the Big XII tourney and no Big Ten games in 2017.

Kidding aside, I think this will be the bracket I get the most "wrong." I don't really have a good feel for Louisville or Oregon without Boucher. Toss in an underwhelming 4 seed and it's a mess to figure out. Louisville could go all the way to the FF or they could flame out against Michigan. I generally ride with Rick Pitino when I can but this squad is just...off.
I typed this off my phone. The period is supposed to be a comma so it would read Kansas, Big 10 regular season champ (Purdue) and Big 12 postseason champ (Iowa State).

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »