Home

2009 Auburn Tigers Football

This is a discussion on 2009 Auburn Tigers Football within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #17
No end in sight...

OVR: 20
Re: 2009 Auburn Tigers Football

Trooper Taylor officially will be our WR Coach
Old 01-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #18
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Sweet.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #19
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Auburn adding Trooper Taylor to coaching staff
Posted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News January 05, 2009 11:12 AM
Categories: Football

Trooper Taylor is joining Auburn's coaching staff, the fifth assistant to sign up with Gene Chizik and the second to come from Oklahoma State.
.Trooper Taylor
Taylor, according to reports, is joining former Oklahoma State coach Curtis Luper, who agreed to be Auburn's running backs coach on Friday.

Taylor was co-offensive coordinator at Oklahoma State, but he's an SEC guy. He was Tennessee's receivers coach for four years. He was also the Vols' assistant head coach for player development.

Taylor grew up in a family of 16 in Cuero, Texas.

Taylor came to Knoxville after coaching receivers at Tulane from 1999-2003.

Taylor was recognized by Rivals.com as a Top 25 recruiter in 2005 and 2007.

Coaching Career
• Trooper Taylor coached one year at Oklahoma State and served as co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach.
• Taylor came to Stillwater from Tennessee, where he was on staff from 2004-07 and was assistant head coach/player development and receivers coach for the Volunteers.
• Nationally-known for his prowess on the recruiting trail, Taylor was recognized by Rivals.com as a top-25 recruiter in 2005 and 2007.
• He has also been successful in the coaching ranks, helping lead the Vols to the 2005 Cotton Bowl, the 2007 Outback Bowl and the 2008 Outback Bowl.
• During his time in Knoxville, he coached future NFL wide receiver Robert Meachem to All-America honors in 2006 after mentoring Cedric Houston and Gerald Riggs Jr., who became Tennessee's only pair of 1,000-yard rushers in the same season in 2004.
• Taylor, who grew up in a family of 16 in Cuero, Texas, has ties to the OSU staff. He and Mike Gundy coached together at Baylor in 1996. Additionally, current OSU offensive line coach Joe Wickline worked alongside Taylor on the Bears' staff in 1997.
• In 2006, Taylor coached the Volunteer receiving trio of Jayson Swain, Bret Smith and Robert to a combined 159 receptions for 2,439 yards and 22 touchdowns. With all three players gone in 2007, Taylor took the new pass-catching trio of Lucas Taylor, Austin Rogers and Josh Briscoe under his wing, with the three combining for 175 catches for 2,130 yards and 14 touchdowns.
• Taylor accepted the appointment of assistant head coach for player development at Tennessee in 2005. In that capacity, he managed the academic and social direction and development of student-athletes in conjunction with their position coaches and the coordinators.
• Taylor came to Knoxville after coaching receivers at Tulane from 1999-2003. He coached four wideouts into the NFL during his tenure in New Orleans, including the nation's top receiving trio in 2001 of Adrian Burnette, Kerwin Cook and Terrell Harris. They combined to lead the country with 2,384 receiving yards on 185 catches.
• He spent two years as a graduate assistant before being named wide receivers coach in 1994. He then coached Baylor's secondary for two years before returning to the wide receivers for one year. Prior to signing on at Tulane, Taylor spent the 1998 season as running backs coach at New Mexico.
Personal
• Born Feb. 20, 1970 in Cuero, Texas and raised in a family of 16, Taylor is married to the former Evi Crosby of Harbor City, Calif. He and his wife, who was a track and field scholarship athlete at Baylor, were wed in 1993 on the football playing field at Floyd Casey Stadium. Taylor graduated from Baylor in 1992.
Playing Experience
• Taylor played defensive back at Baylor from 1988-91 and finished his playing career as the school's leader in kickoff returns (53) and return yardage (1,063). After helping the Bears to the 1991 Copper Bowl and completing his degree, Taylor joined the coaching staff at his alma mater for the 1992 season.

COACHING CAREER
2008 Oklahoma State Co-Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers
2004-07 Tennessee Assistant Head Coach/Player Development/Wide Receivers
2004-05 Tennessee Running Backs
1999-2003 Tulane Wide Receivers
1998 New Mexico Running Backs
1997 Baylor Wide Receivers
1995-96 Baylor Secondary
1994 Baylor Wide Receivers
1992-93 Baylor Graduate Assistant
Old 01-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #20
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

And Chizik continues to bat 1.000 on assistant coaching hires.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #21
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

I was talking to a coach of when I was working out today after school, I brought up how we're getting all these assistants.

He said, "it doesn't matter, bobby lowder will blow it all up in 2 years anyway." It made me sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #22
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
I was talking to a coach of when I was working out today after school, I brought up how we're getting all these assistants.

He said, "it doesn't matter, bobby lowder will blow it all up in 2 years anyway." It made me sad.
Grow a pair and suck it up.

I'm sick of the "woe is me" vibes you keep sending off in this thread.

We are kicking butt in coaching hires right now and I'm a hell of a lot more optimistic than I was a month ago.

It also didn't hurt my good vibes seeing a bunch of 1 and 2 star recruits beat the ever living dog piss out of Bammer.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #23
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Grow a pair and suck it up.

I'm sick of the "woe is me" vibes you keep sending off in this thread.

We are kicking butt in coaching hires right now and I'm a hell of a lot more optimistic than I was a month ago.

It also didn't hurt my good vibes seeing a bunch of 1 and 2 star recruits beat the ever living dog piss out of Bammer.
I'm just gonna be cautiously optimistic, that's it.

I'm thrilled about his hires, I'm just not quite as excitable as you, aa. I think you pretty much hold the title for most excitable person on os.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #24
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8

Well, you guys are certainly lining up an impressive portfolio of coaching staff, I'll give you that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »