Home

2009 Notre dame Football Season

This is a discussion on 2009 Notre dame Football Season within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: 2009 Notre dame Football Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
The sad part is, I've heard several Irish fans say this. Sorry, but I don't think the streak comes to an end this year. Or next. Come to think of it, I don't see it ending anytime soon at all. I just hope we can break it before USC matches the Irish win streak so we don't have to suffer a full decade of losing to USC.
Why? Would would anyone believe that the Irish all of a sudden are on the same level talent wise as a team like USC?

What would possibly lead them to believe that?
Old 05-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #18
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Why? Would would anyone believe that the Irish all of a sudden are on the same level talent wise as a team like USC?

Blind faith

Old 05-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Blind faith
Well then I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

There was a gigantic talent gap last year.. It's amazing to think peolpe actually believe ND closed it one year. Especially the way USC continues to recruit.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:15 PM   #20
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

If I knew, I'd be singing a totally different tune. The Irish have at least one more year of praying for a miracle. Probably more after Weis is canned after this next season.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #21
stewaat

OVR:

Well 35-0 is about as good as you can do in the opener. Next week should be a fun game to watch. I think our offense will put points up, but I don't know how well the defense will play. They were very inconsistent vs. Nevada. There were so many 10+ runs by Nevada.

Weis needs to lose a good 100-200 lbs, he is so obese it's kinda gross. Then he wears his pants so high and he has his fat rolls in his pants.

I envy you USC fans for having Mr. Carroll patrol the sidelines and be an awesome guy.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #22
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Well 35-0 is about as good as you can do in the opener. Next week should be a fun game to watch. I think our offense will put points up, but I don't know how well the defense will play. They were very inconsistent vs. Nevada. There were so many 10+ runs by Nevada.

Weis needs to lose a good 100-200 lbs, he is so obese it's kinda gross. Then he wears his pants so high and he has his fat rolls in his pants.

I envy you USC fans for having Mr. Carroll patrol the sidelines and be an awesome guy.
I agree. I loved the pressure they were bringing through the whole game, but I saw so many more missed tackles throughout the game. It was killing me.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Too many arm tackles that were broken. Thats not going to get it done. They could be 1-2 real fast if they don't play solid defense the next two weeks.

As usual, I'm concerned about the running game. And the play calling in general. Too many Bombs and screens and a lack of a consistant intermediate passing attack. It will work against lesser opponents but a decent secondary will keep that in check.

Hopefully they roll Michigan, but I don't think anything will come easy next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »