Home

2011 Texas Longhorns

This is a discussion on 2011 Texas Longhorns within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #17
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 2011 Texas Longhorns

is the spring game on TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1ndHe1st
jaxon has been at every practice so far, he's not suited up or anything. He's living in Austin with Jordan, just working out together. He will most likely get a lot of playing time this season. Mack says he's farther at this point in time compared to jordan several years ago.
Is he enrolled?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #18
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
is the spring game on TV?
yes. April 3rd on ESPN.

Remember, ESPN and Texas have a shiny new contract.

I think Im going to go to the stadium though. I really want to see the new offense
Old 03-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

Ah I forgot about that. I always like the amateur-like coverage FSSW put on for it.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #20
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

Anyone catch the spring game? I totally forgot. You can watch a replay on espn3.com though.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #21
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

Diggs is a beast.

Connor Wood should be #2 QB behind gilbert.

Case had good stats, but if he didnt have all day to throw he threw off his back foot. He badly, and I mean BADLY floated/under-threw a WR the only time I saw him try to go deep(completed though because the corners are super weak right now). He did throw a nice strike over the middle when he had time and set his feet though.

Either way, Wood had a freakin cannon and is bigger/stronger/faster than the other QBs. Ash looked like a really good freshman.

Gilbert threw a pick right off the bat. The pressure on him must be crazy I cant even imagine. He looked much better as the game went on though.

C. Johnson showed flashes of brilliance. If he doesnt effing hesitate, and he hits the hole its a guaranteed 3-5 at least. He could be dominant.

whittaker got hurt again! he caught a pass and hit the ground untouched. i think he banged his knee. anyway he was back in the game later, but that isnt a good sign.

shead looks good. dj monroe is still fast.

I love all the pre-snap motion. I think that is really going to f with big12 defenses.

they didnt show much of anything on offense or defense.

didnt see much of the WRs as the QBs were having a hard time getting them the ball.

corners need help bad, but I bet akina will have them at a high level when the season starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 1

Gilbert looked meh. It should come down to Wood and McCoy for starting spot. Hills looked like the best rb out there, very explosive against the first team guys. Johnson and Shead *****foot around. Johnson still doesn't run with authority. Vaccaro looked faster, still hitting hard. Lb's looked effing solid. Lets hope Malcom Brown will produce for us on the ground. We just need a hard runner.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #23
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1ndHe1st
Gilbert looked meh. It should come down to Wood and McCoy for starting spot. Hills looked like the best rb out there, very explosive against the first team guys. Johnson and Shead *****foot around. Johnson still doesn't run with authority. Vaccaro looked faster, still hitting hard. Lb's looked effing solid. Lets hope Malcom Brown will produce for us on the ground. We just need a hard runner.
Take away that INT (right off the bat smh) and Gilbert looked like the best QB imo. He looks the most comfortable in the pocket and had the best footwork. If he starts short-hopping passes again during the season I'd bench his *** real quick though.

you really want Case out there? He looked frantic in the pocket and it was a GD spring game. Any sign of pressure and his mechanics fell apart. Terrible terrible footwork even though he completed a few off his back foot. He just didnt look like a D-1 QB to me. When he floated that wounded-duck up into the secondary I cringed.

I agree with you on Wood though. I think he creeps into the #2 spot and fights for the starting gig. Big, fast, and has a freakin cannon.

Shead is still recovering from an injury, and C.J. started hitting the holes pretty hard as the game went on.

The only spot Im worried about right now is corner. Texas is hurting at CB.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

yep, we're doomed at corner and qb.....doomed...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »