Home

2012 Florida Gators Football

This is a discussion on 2012 Florida Gators Football within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #105
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2012 Florida Gators Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
I felt the second half momentum slip right out of the team after the failed on sides kick to open the second half...I was so mad that I heard the TD pass on my way to the computer room to do something else for the remainer of the evening.
I actually have gotten to know Muschamp so well that I was afraid he would try that to start the 2nd half. I didn't want it for two reasons:

1) It reeks of desperation.

2) If it fails, the game is pretty much over.

Instead, kick it deep, 3 and out them and ram it down their throats. This team feeds off of him and when they get hit in the mouth, instead of remaining calm and collected and going about their business they foam at the mouth, curse, scream, spit and get stupid penalties. I don't know how people can't see it, but the guy is a lot closer to Ron Zook than Urban Meyer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #106
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I actually have gotten to know Muschamp so well that I was afraid he would try that to start the 2nd half. I didn't want it for two reasons:

1) It reeks of desperation.

2) If it fails, the game is pretty much over.

Instead, kick it deep, 3 and out them and ram it down their throats. This team feeds off of him and when they get hit in the mouth, instead of remaining calm and collected and going about their business they foam at the mouth, curse, scream, spit and get stupid penalties. I don't know how people can't see it, but the guy is a lot closer to Ron Zook than Urban Meyer.
It's not so much for me that I think he's more like Zook or anything like that. The biggest vibe I get is that he coaches like he's afraid to fail. 90% of everybody out in Gator nation was calm after the first half, especially after the last drive, because "hey we're a second half team, we've proved it all year". Like you said, we all expected 3 & out and let the game really begin.

That one decision I think really sums up for me the issues I have with him. There was no reason to panic, there was no need to swing momentum, UF already had it. There was no reason for any of it. I would say the exact same thing if it worked. There is a reason I don't like Les Miles, and I don't want to see the UF coach, whoever it is, make Les Miles decisions.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 01-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #107
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Shareef Floyd, Dominique Easly, Jelani Jenkins, Matt Elam, and Jordan Reed all declared early. Those first four really hurt to lose on the defense and Reed would hurt to lose on offense, but we don't use him anyway.

After watching last night, it is depressing to see how far this team has to go to catch 'Bama. I'll be honest, we were so close to having a dynasty like that in Gainesville and then Urban went all crazy on us and retired/unretired/retired. We are in a fight just to be the 3rd best team in our division behind USC and Georgia as Vandy is up and rising under Franklin (they aren't close to us, but they are trending up). We MUST see playmakers on offense come to Gainesville, both in the trenches and at the skill positions. I think the defense will be fine, but it's amazing the difference a week makes: last week at this time I thought we'd be a shoe in title candidate next year...now I don't even think we'll win the SEC East.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #108
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
It's not so much for me that I think he's more like Zook or anything like that. The biggest vibe I get is that he coaches like he's afraid to fail. 90% of everybody out in Gator nation was calm after the first half, especially after the last drive, because "hey we're a second half team, we've proved it all year". Like you said, we all expected 3 & out and let the game really begin.

That one decision I think really sums up for me the issues I have with him. There was no reason to panic, there was no need to swing momentum, UF already had it. There was no reason for any of it. I would say the exact same thing if it worked. There is a reason I don't like Les Miles, and I don't want to see the UF coach, whoever it is, make Les Miles decisions.
This first part about not wanting to fail is spot on. Again, I have some guys who are inside/close to the program and they told me that going into the Sugar Bowl Muschamp wanted the game SO badly that it really affected the team. He was tight and fired up before the game and it put the entire team on edge. Once things went wrong, he unraveled and the whole team did. Hopefully he learns from this...although it goes back to my whole "don't give a guy his first HC gig at a program like this" mantra. Let him learn this stuff at Middle Tennessee State or whatever.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #109
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

And by the way...I don't want to be overly negative. I see the above posts and realize how negative I sound. This year was a GREAT year and a lot of fun. We finished 11-2, probably top 10, and have what is currently the #2 or #1 recruiting class (Depending in who you look at). That is all good stuff.

My concerns are mainly the lack of playmakers on offense and coaching. Even now, as I look at our recruit list, I don't see one 'big time' running back that Muschamp has preached about getting. They are all 5'8", 180 pound scat backs.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #110
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Dan Quinn is gone, back to Seattle. Time to find out if these stellar defenses and second half adjustments were Muschamp's doing or Quinn's. I guess time will tell. So far we have lost Quinn and kept Pease. I'm not sure if we've lost anybody else on the staff, but if not we should keep trending in the upwards direction.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »