Home

2013 Michigan State Spartans Football

This is a discussion on 2013 Michigan State Spartans Football within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
2013 Michigan State Spartans Football

Didn't see a thread so I thought I would start one up for all the Spartan fans out there!!

GO GREEN!!!

Favorite Teams:
NFL: Detroit Lions
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
MLB: Detroit Tigers
NBA: Detroit Pistons
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2013 Michigan State Spartans Football

The fact that Shalique Calhoun is outscoring the entire offense has me worried.

And we need to start Damion Terry.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Our defense is going to keep us in most games if not win the game for us but we need to figure out our offensive woes soon.

Favorite Teams:
NFL: Detroit Lions
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
MLB: Detroit Tigers
NBA: Detroit Pistons
Old 09-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quite possibly the worst offense I've seen play in 30 years. 2007 Notre Dame was pretty bad too but its really really bad.

I fear the offense will turn the ball over like Cook did last week and the opponent returns it all the way. If the defense doesn't score TD's, there is absolutely no chance of winning any games on the B10 schedule if the offense continues to play like this.

There is no quick fix to it. I think losing Enos and Treadwell was a death blow to the offense. Cousins, who is a pro caliber QB combined with Bell, K-Mart, Dion Sims, and Cunnigham who had skills hid the fact that there was no player development going on since they left. The Oline isn't blowing anyone off the ball, the receivers can't run a route and the QBs don't understand the game.

Who is calling for 2 yard routes time after time on 3rd and long. And worse yet, why is the QB throwing it to a covered reciver 2 yards off the line on 3rd and long.

Good thing they have 1 more weaker opponent before they play ND and then the B10 schedule.

Its a shame too because this schedule was set up for them to make a run. In fact they should have been a lock for 8 wins, just by showing up, but I am having a hard time seeing more than 5 wins unless the QBs turn it around quick or Terry is a magic bullet.

The defense last year held I think 10 opponents to 20 or less points and they still managed to lose 6 games and that was with Bell on offense. There is no one currently on the offensive side of the ball I see playing on Sundays. Most look like they can't even play on Saturdays.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

The two teams we struggled to beat in weeks one and two, lost to Nicholls State and got destroyed by McNeese State respectively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Finally some offense........Let's see how they perform in South Bend before we declare they found their QB.

Could you imagine the hype if Clowney was putting up the numbers Calhoun was putting up. The Heisman would already be engraved.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

To be honest guys, I'm really nervous playing Nebraska. I'm not sure whether or not Martinez is coming back, but if he does, we may be screwed. He has torn us up the past 2 years, running for 205 yards by himself last year. We are 0-7 against Nebraska all time with a combined score of 233-48. Yes we have a great defense but Nebraska's offense allows them to get the ball out quickly. Their WR's all come back and their defense is starting to get better. I'm more nervous playing them than playing OSU. Braxton didn't do anything on us last year and we only lost by 1 point.

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 11-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Hopefully MSU can keep this going and get into the BTCG with an 11-1 record. If a few teams above them lose, they could be ranked around #8 heading into that game. Unfortunately, I don't see them getting to a BCS game unless they pull a huge upset of Ohio State and make the Rose Bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »