Home

Baylor Bears

This is a discussion on Baylor Bears within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Baylor Bears

Not too many people will care (there is a handful of us on the boards) but why not start a thread?

I am hoping the Bears can finish 4th in the Big 12 South and get to their first bowl since 1994.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Baylor Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Not too many people will care (there is a handful of us on the boards) but why not start a thread?

I am hoping the Bears can finish 4th in the Big 12 South and get to their first bowl since 1994.
Since Baylor is my second favorite team behind Oklahoma I think Baylor will be the surprise of the year. Art Briles is quietly mounting a campaign to take the crown this year. Will he get one? I doubt it. Will the team be loaded? Hell yeah. Robert Griffin is the best kept secret in the nation, though he put up good numbers as a true freshman last year( 2000 plus passing and almost a grand rushing) This kid has true Mike Vick talent only in a taller body. I like the weapons in RB Jay Finley and WR David Gettis. The defense will be better than what everybody thinks this year. The have Bednarick candidates sprinkled from the line all the way through to the secondary. Just to name a few you have a brick wall at DT Phil Taylor, battering ram at middle linebacker Joe Pawelek, and playing reacon at saftey Jordan Lake, who is clearly underated. Baylor is definitely on the way up.

Last edited by 3bitz; 07-23-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

at Wake Forest - L
vs. Connecticut - W
vs. Northwestern State - W
vs. Kent State - W
at Oklahoma - L
at Iowa State - W
vs. Oklahoma State - L
vs. Nebraska - L
at Missouri - W
vs. Texas - L
at Texas A&M - W
vs. Texas Tech - W
Old 07-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bitz
Since Baylor is my second favorite team behind Oklahoma I think Baylor will be the surprise of the year. Art Briles is quietly mounting a campaign to take the crown this year. Will he get one? I doubt it. Will the team be loaded? Hell yeah. Robert Griffin is the best kept secret in the nation, though he put up good numbers as a true freshman last year( 2000 plus passing and almost a grand rushing) This kid has true Mike Vick talent only in a taller body. I like the weapons in RB Jay Finley and WR David Gettis. The defense will be better than what everybody thinks this year. The have Bednarick candidates sprinkled from the line all the way through to the secondary. Just to name a few you have a brick wall at DT Phil Taylor, battering ram at middle linebacker Joe Pawelek, and playing reacon at saftey Jordan Lake, who is clearly underated. Baylor is definitely on the way up.
I agree with most of what you said. Not so sure about David Gettis, he has yet to show much of anything.

I would love if Baylor won 7 games, but hopefully at least 6 this year. If Baylor doesn't make a bowl game this season, looking at their schedule for next season, that should be the year.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

I'm thinking bowl game this year at 6 or 7 wins. That will in turn lead to a top 40 recruiting class(already two 4* verballed). '10 will see them win 9 games and pull a major upset. '11, they go Okie Lite on us and make there way into the top 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

This thread needs some highlights

If you showed this video to someone who didn't know who RGIII was, do you think they would believe that he was an 18 year old true freshman?
Old 07-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

Only thing is, I don't think Baylor will "sneak" up on anyone this year. Like the above post mentioned..noone thought Griffen would be that good. Teams will take them seriously this year, something Baylor hasn't experienced yet.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bitz
where is all this hype for Phil Taylor coming from?

i know he was a big recruit but hes only made 5 starts in 2 years at Penn State

not much to go on

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »