Home

2022 Bowl Season Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2022 Bowl Season Discussion Thread within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2023, 05:23 PM   #297
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2022 Bowl Season Discussion Thread

Georgia has now joined Alabama as the behemoths of college football. Lucky us (and Auburn) we get to play both of them each year.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:03 PM   #298
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Stetson Bennett was phenomenal. IDK how he will translate at the next level but I'm sure someone will give him a shot.
He'll get a chance. Probably end up like Ken Dorsey.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:46 PM   #299
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Confirms there are 10.3M sadists in the country last night.

Lowest average rating in the CFP era, but it’s not shocking considering how quickly the game got out of hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2023, 11:00 AM   #300
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Lowest average rating in the CFP era, but it’s not shocking considering how quickly the game got out of hand.

Also shows why the bigger schools tend to get the "benefit of the doubt" in the committee room.

Wait, no this isn't all about money....
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 01-11-2023, 11:50 AM   #301
Rookie

HeatLifer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Next season will be interesting. Gratz to Stetson playing the best game of his life, but I am excited to see a new QB at UGA. Though, I am a little concerned if Beck ends up being the starter. He's looked good in mop up roles this year, but I always heard concerns about his ability during practice prior to this season. He'll be battling against a couple of former 4/5 start recruits. So that will be interesting to see play out.

I think most of the rest of the team is returning. Darnell Washington's decision on whether or not to go to the NFL will be a big factor in next year's offense. Bowers may be a cheat code, but Washington really seemed like the key to the offense in a lot of ways. He was an extra offensive lineman out there every play, while also being a mismatch when he went out on a route. Regardless of his decision though, the offense has a chance to be more explosive overall next year. All of the receivers return (barring portal decisions), including Georgia's best receiver who missed most of the season due to injury. Georgia is also bringing in a couple of WRs from the portal already, and they are bringing in 3 guys into the freshman class that have huge upside (I expect we will see some of the current receivers hit the transfer portal. It's going to be very crowded). Most of the O-line should also be returning.

On defense Jalen Carter is going to be a huge hole to fill, as will the loss of Kelee Ringo. Best player on the D Line and best player in the secondary. I believe Tykee Smith is also gone, and he was a very big part of that secondary. Fortunately the defense this year was really young, and so you would expect improvements next year. They do need to find an elite pass rusher. No one this season really fit the bill there, and there won't be Carter in the middle requiring double teams. The incoming freshman class is really good though, and there were a few young guys who seemed to play better towards the end of the season.

The schedule next year is also a complete joke. The Out of Conference is abysmal thanks to the SEC cancelling the game against OU, no Alabama or LSU from the West on the schedule, Tennessee and Kentucky are both going to be replacing key parts of their team. We do draw Ole Miss which should be interesting.

Not calling for another championship because other teams will also be good. Anything can happen, but Georgia has a chance to actually be better next year, and the schedule is very favorable for them making it to another playoff.
I'm very nervous about a new QB coming in, at least with Stetson I knew what we had. There's definitely a world in which we upgrade, for sure. But this coaching staff (given by their selection of Fromm and Stetson over Jalen Hurtz, JT Daniels, Eason, etc.) really seems to favor Pocket Passers they can trust despite their talent being lesser-than over the athletic, strong arm type. I'd love to see this offense with a Hurtz, Justin Fields type but that's wishful thinking to get a 1st Round NFL talent lol.

I'm not at all worried about anything other than the QB and our Secondary.

Cupcake schedule next season should yield us going for a place in the TOP 10 Winning streaks of all time, I'm pumped for that as well, and of course going for the ever elusive 3-peat (not an expectation by any means, but definitely going to be fun going for it!).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2023, 11:52 AM   #302
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt

Confirms there are 10.3M sadists in the country last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to be more optimistic about society. 3.3M were Georgia fans and 7M fell asleep with their TV on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »