Home

Excited About the new LSU Season

This is a discussion on Excited About the new LSU Season within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2005, 11:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Excited About the new LSU Season

I'm one of those true Saints/LSU Tiger Fans that have migrated to Georgia and I just wanted to know am I the only one who is incredibly excited about next years LSU season. The Schedule is weak compared to previous years but the way I see it, we've pulled all of our tough games at home, Arizona St, Tennessee, Auburn. The only team I'm kinda worried about is a sleeper in North Texas, I saw that now sophmore runningback of theirs play last year and that kid was an incredible football player. Also can anyone give me the know how on this Ryan Perriloux(sp) guy. I've heard rumors that this guy was the #1 rated quarterback coming out of high school this year and that he's a double threat on the ground and through the air. I also wanted to know if someone could confirm the rumor that Broussard will now be getting the majority of the carries this year or will the new coach continue to rotate between him, Addai and Vincent anyways hit me up anytime for college football chat anytime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Excited About the new LSU Season

Moving this to College Football.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #3
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

There are a few LSU fans who should be able to chime in. Welcome to the boards!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:30 PM   #4
Banned

LSUFan2004's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhamilton
I'm one of those true Saints/LSU Tiger Fans that have migrated to Georgia and I just wanted to know am I the only one who is incredibly excited about next years LSU season. The Schedule is weak compared to previous years but the way I see it, we've pulled all of our tough games at home, Arizona St, Tennessee, Auburn. The only team I'm kinda worried about is a sleeper in North Texas, I saw that now sophmore runningback of theirs play last year and that kid was an incredible football player. Also can anyone give me the know how on this Ryan Perriloux(sp) guy. I've heard rumors that this guy was the #1 rated quarterback coming out of high school this year and that he's a double threat on the ground and through the air. I also wanted to know if someone could confirm the rumor that Broussard will now be getting the majority of the carries this year or will the new coach continue to rotate between him, Addai and Vincent anyways hit me up anytime for college football chat anytime.
yes, i am very excited about the season. The schedule is favorable, the big question mark is Miles. If the transition is smooth, we have the talent to make another title run, as we have 18 starters returning from a team that was a technicality (Auburn XP fiasco) and a Hail Mary (Iowa in the Cap One Bowl) from being 11-1. Russell showed some serious promise in how he played against Iowa, and if he holds up, then we should have a strong year.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

One gripe about your post: it wasn't a Hail Mary. It was a regular pass play with blown coverage.

That said, I'm no coach, but from what I saw in that one game, I would go with Russell. There's no doubt he was the spark that led you to what appeared to be an incredible comeback. I was not impressed with Flynn(?) at all, and I'm nervous about starting a freshman. If the coaches are smart, they'll stick with whomever they choose and they won't institute QB by committee.

No matter who ends up being the starter, a great season seems almost assured. As was detailed above, your schedule is as good as you can ask for. There is no shortage of talent so if the team is mentally ready for every game, LSU is a legitimate challenger for the Rose Bowl.

I have to admit, I've never liked LSU as a team, but I have nothing but the utmost respect for the players, fans, and program after my experiences in Orlando. Good luck this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUFan2004
yes, i am very excited about the season. The schedule is favorable, the big question mark is Miles. If the transition is smooth, we have the talent to make another title run, as we have 18 starters returning from a team that was a technicality (Auburn XP fiasco) and a Hail Mary (Iowa in the Cap One Bowl) from being 11-1. Russell showed some serious promise in how he played against Iowa, and if he holds up, then we should have a strong year.

A technicality from going into overtime with Auburn, not a win. But I believe LSU is the clear favorite in the West this year.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-27-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
C*m* *n y** Sp*rs!

TheEnglishHombre's Arena

OVR: 12

LSU has great talent this year, like every year. IMO, if Russell works out at QB, and the team can get used to Miles system in time, I think LSU should have a great season. Their backfield is scary good. Definite SEC and NC contender.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:08 PM   #8
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I was listening to a sport show the other day and the LSU fans calling in were saying that Miles has no time to adjust to a new team. They said anything less than 10 wins will be a disappointment and that Miles would not have done a good job. How do you LSU fans feel about that? I think LSU is really set up to go at least 10-1 this season with such a fortunate home schedule, but is a 9-2 season a huge disappointment for a first year coach and a sophomore QB?

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »