Home

Adoption

This is a discussion on Adoption within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Adoption

I have lived in Ohio my entire life (with the exception of college) and have never been an Ohio State fan. Actually, I have always rooted against them. Always. I sort of liked Michigan as a youngster and Anthony Carter actually used to be my favorite player.

My Dad was never really an Ohio State fan, but just loves football in general, so I didn't really have any allegiance to any given team. However, my brother is an Ohio State fanatic (as well as all of my friends). My wife even went to Ohio State wears Scarlet & Gray every year we watch the Ohio State vs. Michigan battle. I still represent with the Orange & Blue.

<----My team is Florida (obviously). The 'Ol Ball Coach made me a Gator fan. We had a rough couple of years with the Zooker, but Florida is back and stronger than ever! My two little boys both do The Chomp, recognize "The Orange & Blue" the second it blasts from my speakers and go crazy when the hear "Jaws". I love it! And my wife just laughs and then goes and buys the boys Buckeye gear.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

My team has always been FSU, I currently attend, my dad is alumni. My second team is Minnesota... my mom is from there and my cousins went there so I was always up there visiting and going to games.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Who are your adopted teams, and why did you adopt them?
You mean "What bandwagons have you jumped on, and why?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswells
You mean "What bandwagons have you jumped on, and why?"
lol. That's what's nice about following Minnesota, I can't really get accused of jumping on the bandwagon because they aren't very good.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #13
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moojenowski
lol. That's what's nice about following Minnesota, I can't really get accused of jumping on the bandwagon because they aren't very good.
IIRC they weren't that bad in the late '90s and into the 2000s. So it's not like it's been one long dark age. I still don't understand the philosophy of their current coach though. He seems to want to have them playing superior teams which in turn makes the program look weaker then it is and BAM! less chances for blue chippers.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
IIRC they weren't that bad in the late '90s and into the 2000s. So it's not like it's been one long dark age. I still don't understand the philosophy of their current coach though. He seems to want to have them playing superior teams which in turn makes the program look weaker then it is and BAM! less chances for blue chippers.
Huh? Northern Ill, Bowling Green, Montana St, and FAU don't really strike me as superior teams. Other than that it's the regular rotating big ten schedule.

I hated Glen Mason, he seemed content on going 7-5 every year and refused to recruit hard in Minnesota. He also refused to make adjustments, so many late losses with the opponent coming back to win. I'll take a 1-11 season after that recruiting class (ranked number 17 by rivals) Brewster put together this past year. I'm very optimistic about the Gopher's future with Brewster, his recruits, and the new stadium.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:20 PM   #15
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moojenowski
Huh? Northern Ill, Bowling Green, Montana St, and FAU don't really strike me as superior teams. Other than that it's the regular rotating big ten schedule.

I hated Glen Mason, he seemed content on going 7-5 every year and refused to recruit hard in Minnesota. He also refused to make adjustments, so many late losses with the opponent coming back to win. I'll take a 1-11 season after that recruiting class (ranked number 17 by rivals) Brewster put together this past year. I'm very optimistic about the Gopher's future with Brewster, his recruits, and the new stadium.
I had heard or read somewhere that Brewster wanted to schedule bigger competition. Maybe i'm mistaken? Oh well thanks for clearing that up and you're right but sometimes mediocrity is better then looking bad IMO.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #16
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

I have three teams:

Michigan was my first love, just because when I started watching football in elementary school, they were the team I saw the most.

But Texas quickly became my favorite school when I started to visit family in Texas every year. I grew up in Missouri before moving to Houston after I graduated high school. Although I lived in MO, I was a Texan at heart to the point where my friends were like, "Why don't u just MOVE to Texas?!" Haha.

Then Mizzou became my 3rd adopted team (but still 2nd to Texas) because I go to school there and I LOVE their spread no huddle offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »