Home

Adoption

This is a discussion on Adoption within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2008, 02:24 AM   #1
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Adoption

One of the first games I remember watching as a kid was that epic Nebraska-Miami game in 1983. When they went for the win (going for two instead of kicking the XP), I just thought that was the coolest thing ever. Been a Nebraska fan ever since. (Didn't hurt when they steamrolled the 1990's.)

My #2 adopted team is Penn State, ironic though it is since they're now a Big Ten team. The first year I followed college ball really close, they went 7-5, but ALL FIVE of their losses were both close and against quality opponents. Something about that just hit me in the sweet spot. Always root for Michigan to beat their asses, but that's one Big Ten team I'd like to see win all their games but one.

Who are your adopted teams, and why did you adopt them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Adoption

Well I'm a Duck fan there is no doubt about it, since birth, but I do admit to liking some other teams. I like Hawaii, Boise State (liked the blue before fiesta bowl), I like WKU's colors, we'll see how they do, and I can't think of anyone else for now, I like smaller schools, usually based on their stadiums and jerseys, no exciting stories from me
Old 07-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I have no adopted teams. Its UofL or no one. Not sure why thats the way it is, but I have been going to UofL football games for as long as I can remember. I have an autographed football from Howard Schnellenberger, John L. Smith, Ron Cooper, and Bobby Petrino.

You know what, I guess I do have an adopted team in Florida Atlantic. I only root for them because of Schnellenberger.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

My team is Michigan, I have like them since I was in grade school. My other favorite teams in no order are Miami and Florida St, liked both since seeing them play at the big house.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Well technically any NCAA Football team I like would be adopted in the strictest sense because I have no connections but I guess you're asking for #2 teams so here goes.

University of South Florida, I really liked the story of how 10 years ago the program was basically ran within 2 portables and they were a nothing squad to suddenly becoming a player in the Big East. I also think Jim Leavitt is a pretty good coach in that he's been there from the start. He's also a helluva lot of fun to watch on the sidelines especially during that Rutgers game last year. Matt Grothe is also a pretty exciting QB to watch as well. If he doesn't make it in the NFL he'll definitely find work in the Arena League or CFL.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Everyone knows my favorite. I guess my second favorite team would have to be the Florida Gators. I've always liked the Gators, and they were my Grandaddy's favorite team (He lived in Winter Haven, FL.). Sadly he passed in August of 1990, and missed some great Gator football.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Obviously my #2 team is Nebraska. Until I was a student here at UA, Nebraska was a close second.

My adopted team through watching Alabama is Oklahoma. Their fans were the best I've ever encountered back in '03.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 07-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #8
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Akron.

They used to come to Blacksburg and get their asses beat.

Good times.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »