Home

Conference Re-Alignment Thread Part Who Knows

This is a discussion on Conference Re-Alignment Thread Part Who Knows within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #2033
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Conference Re-Alignment Thread Part Who Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Um, a lot of fun. Maybe not for the person paying the travel expenses...but for everyone else?...yeah, a lot of fun. In fact I don't believe I have ever heard "Oh rats, I have to go back to Hawaii. Again. Sigh."
I always figured that being able to tell a potential recruit that they will have a chance to play a football game in Hawaii at least once in their college career would be one hell of a recruiting tool.

Is it costly? Yeah but its just a chartered plane ride, not THAT costly and if it lights up the eyes of just one highly desired recruit a year than its more then worth it.

How many chartered flights does Hawaii pay for a year for their sports teams? If that University can handle that then the argument about the cost of playing against Hawaii in conference is simply being misleading.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #2034
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
I always figured that being able to tell a potential recruit that they will have a chance to play a football game in Hawaii at least once in their college career would be one hell of a recruiting tool.

Is it costly? Yeah but its just a chartered plane ride, not THAT costly and if it lights up the eyes of just one highly desired recruit a year than its more then worth it.

How many chartered flights does Hawaii pay for a year for their sports teams? If that University can handle that then the argument about the cost of playing against Hawaii in conference is simply being misleading.
If that was true, the NCAA wouldn't have had to make the rule giving teams a 13th game if they played in Hawaii.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #2035
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
If that was true, the NCAA wouldn't have had to make the rule giving teams a 13th game if they played in Hawaii.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Sounds like a great reason for the PAC to add them should they decide to expand further, since the PAC loves to play full schedules in conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #2036
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

All these schools the Big East is looking at makes zero sense. I just turned on ESPN to see that Boise St is the target this week. There is a reason most conferences were made up of regional schools. You have to look at more then just football. These school will have to pay for womens teams to travel to play these schools. I know football makes the schools tons of money, trust me I'm a coach myself, but it is not that much when you have to fund non-money making programs like soccer, tennis, or golf have to travel cross country to play conference games/matches. This stuff has gotten out of hand. The Big East should be stripped of their AQ status no matter who they add at this point.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #2037
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
All these schools the Big East is looking at makes zero sense. I just turned on ESPN to see that Boise St is the target this week. There is a reason most conferences were made up of regional schools. You have to look at more then just football. These school will have to pay for womens teams to travel to play these schools. I know football makes the schools tons of money, trust me I'm a coach myself, but it is not that much when you have to fund non-money making programs like soccer, tennis, or golf have to travel cross country to play conference games/matches. This stuff has gotten out of hand. The Big East should be stripped of their AQ status no matter who they add at this point.
Boise would be football only. Not all of the schools coming to the Big East will bring all sports.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 10-14-2011, 02:27 AM   #2038
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

There's a decent chance that in the not too distant future, there will be football only conferences. Teams will have a conference for football, and a conference for everything else.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #2039
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hope this happens, then we'll have a bowl victory over a team in the SEC again.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #2040
Banned

Bondgirl0072's Arena

OVR: 11

Report: Big East, Boise St. still need persuading

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...eed-persuading

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »