Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #3673
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

It's a pretty weak and disgusting move by the NCAA to give back those wins. It's not like there was some earth shattering evidence found recently, no they are the same slimy organization with no backbone as usual
Old 01-18-2015, 06:59 PM   #3674
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
It's a pretty weak and disgusting move by the NCAA to give back those wins. It's not like there was some earth shattering evidence found recently, no they are the same slimy organization with no backbone as usual
Yes, the NCAA is still a slimy organization. It was a pretty weak and disgusting move by the NCAA to take away the wins in the first place. There was not some earth shattering evidence then and there isn't any earth shattering evidence now. All this proves is that the NCAA was backed into a corner and had no choice but to surrender. It backed itself into a corner by how it sanctioned PSU, and what it alleged took place. For which there was no concrete evidence.

This signifies that the entire Penn State scandal was a hoax. PSU has been playing at a disadvantage for the last 3 years due to all this stuff, and now we find out that it has been a bluff the entire time! That is very noteworthy considering for the last 3 years, we were told there was a huge cover-up, and that Joe Paterno was some criminal mastermind that is going to hell. Now we know that is 100% false.

Sportsforever, for over 3 years, the NCAA and everyone else has told you that Joe Paterno was culpable. That what happened to him and PSU was deserved. Those same people who sanctioned them have now un-done all the sanctions and returned the wins to Paterno. We know they are spineless cowards, but yet you still think Joe Paterno is culpable? The spineless cowards also thought Joe Paterno was culpable, and they took his wins away and sanctioned his program as a result of that. Now they have reversed their punishment, and generally when you reverse a punishment that means you were wrong. If they were right, then the punishments would have stood.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:01 PM   #3675
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Does SMU get credit for the games they lost due to the death penalty? Of course not they are a small private college and in a conference no one cares about.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #3676
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Does SMU get credit for the games they lost due to the death penalty? Of course not they are a small private college and in a conference no one cares about.
I don't know as much about that case. That was a long time ago. The consensus there seems to be that those punishments were deserved, and that decision was upheld. SMU apparently was running its program like a professional team. If that is inaccurate, then please inform us about that.

If you cheat and violate NCAA rules, I think everyone here can agree that you should be punished and that wins should be vacated. Stripping wins and handing down death penalty-lite punishments to a program that followed the rules sends a chilling message. Not only that, but the emails that have come out about this showed that the NCAA heads didn't even read the Freeh report. The interim president of PSU Erickson said that Emmert said to him that all the other university presidents were "out for blood" regarding the death penalty when in reality that was a lie. Apparently Emmert did not have the support of other university presidents, and he acted on his own.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #3677
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
I don't know as much about that case. That was a long time ago. The consensus there seems to be that those punishments were deserved, and that decision was upheld. SMU apparently was running its program like a professional team. If that is inaccurate, then please inform us about that.

If you cheat and violate NCAA rules, I think everyone here can agree that you should be punished and that wins should be vacated. Stripping wins and handing down death penalty-lite punishments to a program that followed the rules sends a chilling message. Not only that, but the emails that have come out about this showed that the NCAA heads didn't even read the Freeh report. The interim president of PSU Erickson said that Emmert said to him that all the other university presidents were "out for blood" regarding the death penalty when in reality that was a lie. Apparently Emmert did not have the support of other university presidents, and he acted on his own.

The NCAA only cares about smaller schools. Schools that shouldn't be winning. Just wait until this DISD scandal that is coming out of Dallas with basketball. SMU will get hit again but UNC didn't with their academic scandal.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 01-19-2015, 06:43 AM   #3678
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
The only reason it was taken down is because Ohio State fans flew a plane over Beaver Stadium with a sign that said "Take Down The Statue Or We Will".

All the people who created the immature firestorm directed at Joe Paterno that and Penn State now look really dumb for believing all that stuff. Remember in 2012 when I commented on the situation saying the NCAA had no authority? I was met with such hostility. I was even accused of being a Penn State fan lmao. Now these same people who created all that insanity are now mad at the NCAA for returning the wins lol.

These people lobbied so hard to get that statue down. Look at the lengths they went to get a statue taken down. The funny thing is Paterno himself was indifferent to the statue. He never really cared about it one way or the other. It seems like the statue mattered more to Paterno haters than anything else.

They should put it back up now lol.
I seem to remember getting a citation in that thread that got receded for saying something very similar to what you are saying here.

The sad part about this is we still don't honestly have all the facts and the only person who could tell us exactly what Joe did and didn't know lies in the ground in PA.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 01-19-2015, 09:22 PM   #3679
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

Never make an avatar bet with a rival OS'er.....

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 01-19-2015, 09:26 PM   #3680
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Four
Never make an avatar bet with a rival OS'er.....
Worked out pretty well for me last time I did it. Isn't that right, Chrisksaint?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »