Home

Michael Dyer: Million dollar talent. Ten cent brain.

This is a discussion on Michael Dyer: Million dollar talent. Ten cent brain. within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #65
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Michael Dyer: Million dollar talent. Ten cent brain.

Does it feels like a great portion of operation sports loathe athletes in general to anyone else Schadenfreude
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #66
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Does it feels like a great portion of operation sports loathe athletes in general to anyone else Schadenfreude
Sometimes, it gets really ridiculous. Most people forget that these are real people who make real mistakes. Also, most people on da webs dont have a problem throwing stones in those glass houses they live in.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #67
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

As far as the officer. I dont have all the details, but at first glance it just seems like he saw a kid about to throw away his life and didnt want to see his life go down the drain for such a stupid mistake regardless if he was an athlete or not. Unfortunately for the officer he made probably the worst decision of his life.

Been watching Political Animals and Newsroom(Great shows by the way). Both talk about reporters "exposing" people by ripping their life apart for the sake of a story. Was Dyer and the officer in the wrong. No doubt. Do I think the local media are a-holes for running the story throwing all parties under the bus? Definitely.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #68
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by goledensilence
It's been reported that he's going to play in the SWAC for Prarie View A&M
Might wanna throw some cold water on that:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...airie-view-a&m

He hadn't even contacted the coaches yet. While I would love to see him at PV, it ain't done yet. Chances are he ends up on "the yard", because I honestly I don't think they are going to let one of the best running backs who actually wants to live in Prairie View not come. If it does go down, the SWAC has some hella good running backs this year.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 08-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I don't despise the athletes, but I do despise the stupidity of the ones who get into trouble. They were given a gift most of us were not. Sure everyone makes mistakes, that's a given and that's ok. You would just think someone who has a little something special the rest of us don't would take more care not screw up.

It is especially disheartening when you see the same athlete make the same mistakes over and over again. Thankfully, the vast majority of student and professional athletes toe the line and never run into trouble. We just happen to hear about the very small majority who do and it gets blown up.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #70
Pro

goledensilence's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Might wanna throw some cold water on that:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...airie-view-a&m

He hadn't even contacted the coaches yet. While I would love to see him at PV, it ain't done yet. Chances are he ends up on "the yard", because I honestly I don't think they are going to let one of the best running backs who actually wants to live in Prairie View not come. If it does go down, the SWAC has some hella good running backs this year.
Yeah, I just saw on ESPN that he will be attending the school, but not playing football this season.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #71
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Or forget that they often are kids. I will be the first to tell you that I was a ******* when I was 19 too.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »