Home

Getting into College Football; What Team to Root For?

This is a discussion on Getting into College Football; What Team to Root For? within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #33
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #34
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

Re: Getting into College Football; What Team to Root For?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denardsonthecover

Even if you go with LSU, you're getting a Michigan grad as the head coach. He just was deemed an inappropriate choice for the high office of Head Coach of the greatest team in the land.

Come join the Victors.
You know what's funny about this part of the reasoning? When was the last Michigan won a national title.

Not to be a dick and pile on cause I have no problem with Michigan, but they aren't exactly pumping out the talent to the NFL that others team likes LSU, Bama, etc are.

As to the original post, if you want heart attacks then choose LSU. If you want to have severely high expectations only to be disappointed every year in a fun way then choose FSU. If you want something different then idk just watch some games.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson
I thought ole boy trying to spin the library that is noon games in Michigan Stadium as a positive was cute, but the 8 in a row posts and substituting the 0 for a o to bypass the filter really put it over the top.

Excellent representation of the University of Michigan, you are a true Michigan Man, a leader of men. I'm currently applying to transfer to the the beacon of knowledge for the western world.

-------

Gronk, in all honesty, nobody gives a **** who you choose and nobody should have to tell you.

Watch it for a year and after that point you should start feeling some connection to some team. That's how I fell in love with Arsenal and I don't regret it. I know you're still young, so try and watch a lot of schools near Maryland, such as West Virginia, UVA, VT, UMD, Marshall, etc. so whenever it's time to apply to colleges you can really fall in love with them.
In honesty OP look at the other posts. How many even address their schools? How many say well here's 8 points about Stanford or 6 about Florida state or 3 about Texas A&M?

Very few. The vast majority focused on my post because the truth hurts and they're out of Tuck's medicated pads for their butthurt.

You know why? Because the truth is painful. If somebody else came up with 12 reasons why you should be a Virginia Tech fan (1. would probably be because Vick went there, 2. would probably be because Beamer's facial deformity is endearng, and 3-12 would be because the Asian kid's done shooting) I would at least respect it. At least they put their best foot forward, like the Oregon fan who said, hey, ignore that we cheat on a massive scale, we've got the fastest QB the SEC's going to eat alive next February.

Lastly, ignore all the half-truths, grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes that scream "I don't have a dog in the fight cause I didn't go to college, not even a ****ty one like Michigan State" as well as ad hominem attacks in the previous post. Yes I replied to 7 guys in a row, (not 8) but only to give you correct information. 7 guys replied so I replied back 7 times. Notice I'm one of the very few who offered concrete reasons. The level of logic is like your hearing directly from SEC players themselves. If I'm the only one making good points and sense in a topic as that poster above me pointed out in an attempt at sarcasm that was so bad it came off as a matter of fact compliment, well, that should serve to sway you to our side.

As a Baltimore Aquarium family pass owner who enjoys the best of what Charm City has to offer let me assure you that one of the most charming pieces in Americana is a 12:00 game surrounded by a sea of people where you're a part of the crowd that breaks the single game attendance record YET AGAIN. (Yes we do it all the time.) I've been there several times when it's happened and it's truly magical.

Are you going to take my word (as someone who's been outside) and actually been mobbed by the sea of future doctors, lawyers, CEO's, and congressmen, or the guy with 23,000 posts on a video game board? That's more than a post an hour each day since the Ravens drafted Sergio Kindle (good grief).

Good Lord... whatever keeps them off the streets and our movie theaters safer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #36
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Ohhh shots fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #37
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
In honesty OP look at the other posts. How many even address their schools? How many say well here's 8 points about Stanford or 6 about Florida state or 3 about Texas A&M?

Very few. The vast majority focused on my post because the truth hurts and they're out of Tuck's medicated pads for their butthurt.

You know why? Because the truth is painful. If somebody else came up with 12 reasons why you should be a Virginia Tech fan (1. would probably be because Vick went there, 2. would probably be because Beamer's facial deformity is endearng, and 3-12 would be because the Asian kid's done shooting) I would at least respect it. At least they put their best foot forward, like the Oregon fan who said, hey, ignore that we cheat on a massive scale, we've got the fastest QB the SEC's going to eat alive next February.

Lastly, ignore all the half-truths, grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes that scream "I don't have a dog in the fight cause I didn't go to college, not even a ****ty one like Michigan State" as well as ad hominem attacks in the previous post. Yes I replied to 7 guys in a row, (not 8) but only to give you correct information. 7 guys replied so I replied back 7 times. Notice I'm one of the very few who offered concrete reasons. The level of logic is like your hearing directly from SEC players themselves. If I'm the only one making good points and sense in a topic as that poster above me pointed out in an attempt at sarcasm that was so bad it came off as a matter of fact compliment, well, that should serve to sway you to our side.

As a Baltimore Aquarium family pass owner who enjoys the best of what Charm City has to offer let me assure you that one of the most charming pieces in Americana is a 12:00 game surrounded by a sea of people where you're a part of the crowd that breaks the single game attendance record YET AGAIN. (Yes we do it all the time.) I've been there several times when it's happened and it's truly magical.

Are you going to take my word (as someone who's been outside) and actually been mobbed by the sea of future doctors, lawyers, CEO's, and congressmen, or the guy with 23,000 posts on a video game board? That's more than a post an hour each day since the Ravens drafted Sergio Kindle (good grief).

Old 07-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
You know what's funny about this part of the reasoning? When was the last Michigan won a national title.

Not to be a dick and pile on cause I have no problem with Michigan, but they aren't exactly pumping out the talent to the NFL that others team likes LSU, Bama, etc are.

As to the original post, if you want heart attacks then choose LSU. If you want to have severely high expectations only to be disappointed every year in a fun way then choose FSU. If you want something different then idk just watch some games.
Then won the Sugar Bowl the year before last. I'd say that's pretty good.

I'd also take future hall of famer Tom Brady over Jamarcus Russell or any other player that's come out of LSU or Bama over the past few seasons.

Great college players, they struggle in the pros when they don't have hillbilly police forces and coaches to look the other way every time they should be doing 5-10 for armed aggravated assault. That poor kid Urban Meyer's TE killed might be alive today if it weren't for the SEC sweep everything under the rug to raise the crystal football in February policy. That stuff flys in towns like Tuscaloosa and Gainesville, major NFL cities... not so much. Who's the best SEC player in the league? Cam "Oops was that your Laptop" Newton? He can't even lead a petty theft ring let alone an NFL team to a title let alone 3 titles.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #39
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Both Manning's came from SEC schools. Stafford ain't that bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 07-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #40
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

In order...

You forgot to capitalize State
Endearing
That's offensive and it got the post reported.
The title game is in January
Because
You're
Also offensive

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 07-13-2013 at 12:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »