Home

2019 CFP Semifinal: #2 Ohio State vs #3 Clemson- Phoenix, AZ

This is a discussion on 2019 CFP Semifinal: #2 Ohio State vs #3 Clemson- Phoenix, AZ within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2019, 12:32 AM   #105
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23
Re: 2019 CFP Semifinal: #2 Ohio State vs #3 Clemson- Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
What if OSU doesn’t kick 3 field goals when being inside the 5? What if Dobbins doesn’t drop two would be TD passes? What if they don’t rough the punter? Lots of things they did to hurt themselves...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
They probably could have put Clemson away in the 1st half if they didn't stall in the red zone multiple times.

I had flashbacks to the 2015 Packers/Seahawks NFC title game when the Packers settled for multiple chip shot field goals when they could have KOed the Seahawks early with better red zone execution. Like Ohio State, they also blew a 16-0 lead.

Last edited by Chip Douglass; 12-29-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2019, 12:39 AM   #106
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
It actually did, don't know why I perceived it that way. Maybe a little bit too much confetti

But I don't want to be a Grinch and hate on people celebrating. Congrats to Clemson!
Clemson really has no choice, it's all the bowls doing this. They still have to please all their sponsors and local bowl orgs that still pretend it matters to win their bowl.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2019, 11:17 AM   #107
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I just got to say. Trevor Lawrence last year blew my mind with his arm. Yesterday he was running like Tim Tebow out there. Last year I really thought he was a pocket passer only.

Last night... He showed he's got some wheels. I didn't like some of the hits he was taking on. But if he's been holding back on this secret all season. This is a nice secret lol. Giving Clemson crazy unpredictability on offense. I saw him pull a spin move on a scramble. That was sweet. But only got a few yards. Blows me away that he won't be in the draft this year.

https://gfycat.com/unknowndevotedindri

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2019, 11:37 AM   #108
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's not much different from an NFL team winning the AFC or NFC championship. It's still a celebration to get there.
Oooh this is a tough one for me
Old 12-29-2019, 11:46 AM   #109
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Trying to wrap my head around Justin Fields third Int of the entire season (he threw 2 last night). I'm watching this play. And I don't see what the wideout was thinking here. Your running a deep post. Justin is standing in the pocket. He's not under pressure. He's shoulders are still squared to the sidelines. And he's literally looking at Justin. Just keep running. At best it was an incomplete pass.

https://gfycat.com/vigorousagilekrill

Old 12-29-2019, 01:01 PM   #110
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Olave said that he saw Justin step up and thought it was about to be a scramble drill. Gotta trust your gut on it.

Kid is a future first round pick who has made big play after big play, and a terrific character kid. He was heartbroken as can be last night during his interviews but handles them with class and took responsibility.

I really feel for this team. This was the best Ohio State team I’ve ever watched in my lifetime and they’re going to be remembered for a loss.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #111
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsbuck
Olave said that he saw Justin step up and thought it was about to be a scramble drill. Gotta trust your gut on it.

Kid is a future first round pick who has made big play after big play, and a terrific character kid. He was heartbroken as can be last night during his interviews but handles them with class and took responsibility.

I really feel for this team. This was the best Ohio State team I’ve ever watched in my lifetime and they’re going to be remembered for a loss.
I saw that interview too. I actually saw both Justin and Olave. Totally agree first round pick talent without a doubt.

But still watching that replay. I don't see how he broke off his route. I kind of could see why only because the route took so long (turned into a drag or in . And I could only imagine Olave internal clock went off coming across the field like that.

Definitely agree this team was one of the best OSU teams. I can't think of any that come close. Especially across the roster. Loved this secondary.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #112
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

RE: the fumble TD.

I'll admit when I saw it in real time I was confused why they didn't blow the play dead because at game speed and in real time it didn't look like he had possession. When you slow it down frame by frame it looks like he does because you can frame the steps he takes, but the fact that the DB was still on top of him and fighting makes me not have a problem with the call.

There's a lot to talk about: how our eyes define possession as a fan watching, how the rules define it, and situational calls like if the same thing occurred in the end zone. Another crew might have seen it differently too. If they extend it to 21-0 I don't think Clemson is coming back from that. I've complained about referees impacting some of my team's games, but at the end of the day you can almost always point to plenty of things you could execute better and take the game out of their hands.

I just keep getting hung up on how I perceived things in real time and why I don't think it was the worst call I've seen like some are making it out to be. If I was an Ohio State fan I'd probably be upset too, but from the outside looking in it wasn't that bad to me. I just wish they would drop the "irrefutable" evidence line because that's usually the biggest hang up.

If you ran the game back I'd still pick Clemson to win it. Team has loads of talent, but just hasn't seen the same speed or competition that Ohio State presents and early on you could tell it was a problem, but they adjusted. It was a compelling game and I hate when we are forced to discuss referees after, but when you have controversial calls that's the reality of the situation.

Last edited by AUChase; 12-30-2019 at 09:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »