Home

forgive me for asking but.........

This is a discussion on forgive me for asking but......... within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2004, 01:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
forgive me for asking but.........

I'm kind of an oldtimer. I have high speed internet through my phone company. What do I have to do to get my PS2 online? If I do, how do I get updated hoops rosters into the game???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2004, 01:20 AM   #2
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: forgive me for asking but.........

You have to have and network adapter for your Ps2 ro go play online.

However you cant get the rosters with the real name's online through your Ps2.

You would have to buy either a Sharkport, Max Drive, or and Xport.

These are all device's that you can use to transfer save's from your cpu to your PS2.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:21 AM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Well, you can get a network adapter ($40 I think) and it plugs into your PS2. That would enable you to get online for the purpose of online gaming. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you could download rosters with that, except for official roster updates by game manufacturers (like Sega updates for NFL2K5 or NBA2K5).

But, to get college hoops (or football) rosters, you pretty much have to get a Maxdrive or X-port. X-ports are hard to find and might not even be made any more, but you can track them down online. Maxdrives should be available at your local game store (I got one at EB games this week just for CHoops rosters). Maxdrive is a USB flash drive that plugs into your computer and your PS2 through the USB port. It's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. You install the software on your PC, plug the actual Maxdrive into a USB port on your PC, then find your file online. If you go into the thread for PS2 rosters, you'll see links to download the file in several posts. Just download that to your PC, unzip it and drag that file to the window for your Maxdrive (mine came up as the F: drive). You get another disc that you put in your PS2, plug the Maxdrive with file into the USB port (it's on the front under the controller ports). After that, it's pretty much like the memory card management you ordinarily do on the PS2. I hope this helps you get an idea of how it works. Oh, and Maxdrives cost $29.99. I just got one, so I don't know the ins and outs, but if you have other questions, I'll give them a shot.

Q*bert
Old 11-21-2004, 01:33 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by q_bert183
Well, you can get a network adapter ($40 I think) and it plugs into your PS2. That would enable you to get online for the purpose of online gaming. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you could download rosters with that, except for official roster updates by game manufacturers (like Sega updates for NFL2K5 or NBA2K5).

But, to get college hoops (or football) rosters, you pretty much have to get a Maxdrive or X-port. X-ports are hard to find and might not even be made any more, but you can track them down online. Maxdrives should be available at your local game store (I got one at EB games this week just for CHoops rosters). Maxdrive is a USB flash drive that plugs into your computer and your PS2 through the USB port. It's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. You install the software on your PC, plug the actual Maxdrive into a USB port on your PC, then find your file online. If you go into the thread for PS2 rosters, you'll see links to download the file in several posts. Just download that to your PC, unzip it and drag that file to the window for your Maxdrive (mine came up as the F: drive). You get another disc that you put in your PS2, plug the Maxdrive with file into the USB port (it's on the front under the controller ports). After that, it's pretty much like the memory card management you ordinarily do on the PS2. I hope this helps you get an idea of how it works. Oh, and Maxdrives cost $29.99. I just got one, so I don't know the ins and outs, but if you have other questions, I'll give them a shot.

Q*bert
Cool, thanks a ton for answering and helping an oldtimer out. I think I'll look into getting a maxdrive. Not really interested in online play, I'd just like the rosters. Looks like I won't need a network adapter, just the maxdrive.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:53 AM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Not a problem. I don't regret spending $30 on it at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2004, 06:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can get a sharkport off Ebay for around $15 or so. I did and I've had no trouble with it.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:37 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsouth
You can get a sharkport off Ebay for around $15 or so. I did and I've had no trouble with it.
Sharkport work the same as a max drive?
Old 11-21-2004, 02:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Different files, but more or less the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »