Home

rspencer86's 20-Minute All Conference Sliders

This is a discussion on rspencer86's 20-Minute All Conference Sliders within the College Hoops 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 08:54 PM   #81
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: rspencer86's 20-Minute All Conference Sliders

Ok I finally tried them out. I will post the results then I will let you know how I feel about them.

I played LSU with SIU year 3 in my legacy. I have a pretty good team with SIU. I believe we are 85 overall and LSU is 83 overall with Randolph still on the team as a Junior.

I lost 67-60.

LSU shot .615 (24/39) and was 2/8 from 3. They had 10 assists, 22 turnovers, 2 team fouls, 30 rebounds, 26 points in the paint.

SIU shot .429 (27/63), 5/21 from 3. I had 13 assists, 11 turnovers, 21 rebounds, 20 steals, 34 points in the paint.

Now the first thing you may notice is the huge gap between FGA. SIU, as you probably already know, probably plays the tighest man to man defense in the nation and it is not too uncommon to see boxscores like this from time to time.

Here is an example: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=280332460

UNI only had 27 FGA. The refs were tight asses that game, but back to the point. That boxscore is very similar to the game I just had. LSU shot 23 freethrows, while I shot 3. They were playing 2-3 zone about half of the game and I tried to take advantage with my 3 point shooting.

Now as for how I felt about the game and everything. The gameplay seemed pretty smooth and fast, which is nice and I like it that way. About 5 times I played awesome defense for 34 seconds to only see the CPU swish a buzzer beater, which really pisses me off. The main reason I lost was because of rebounds and not getting to the line enough. I noticed right off the bat LSU was trying to push the ball against me, so I turned down my crash boards. It hurt me though, because I really didn't get many 2nd chance points. I noticed you cannot really cheese with lead passing either and the CPU will play the passing lanes. I like that a lot. I rarely have over 10 turnovers.

I might adjust a thing or two, including dunking, but I like them overall. I'll try a few more games to see how I do.

Youtube

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 05-31-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 10:36 PM   #82
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

I played another with the sliders. I just turned the Dunks in Traffic back down to default.

I played KSU at home.

I won 60-52.

KSU Stats:
19/47 FG
2/9 from 3
12/18 FT
13 Assist
19 Turnovers
16 Team Fouls
39 Rebounds
11 Offensive Rebounds
7 Steals
2 Blocks
26 Points in the paint

SIU Stats:
21/62 FG
7/22 3 Point
11/18 FT
11 Assists
8 Turnovers
12 Team Fouls
31 Total Rebounds
14 Offensive Rebounds
13 Steals
3 Blocks
18 Points in the paint

Key Player Stats for KSU:
Walker 14 Points 7 Rebounds 3 Assists and 1 Amazing Dunk
Pullen 12 Points 1 Rebound
BlackShear 7 Points 9 Rebounds

Key Stats for SIU:
Dillard 9 Points 2 Assists 4 Steals
Bone 19 Points 3 Rebounds
Booker 12 Points 8 Rebounds 5 Assists 2 Blocks
Evans 0 Points 10 Rebounds
Fay 8 Points 7 Rebounds

KSU was rated 1 higher than me. I was up by 20 at one point, but let my guard down a little bit for Walker to get his team back in the game.

A few things I have noticed was the few 3 point shot attempts so far, but I have played LSU and KSU. They are two of the few teams in College Basketball that primarily tries to work the ball inside. I also have noticed the game was called more evenly. I turned down the pressure a tad and had my big guys play normal pressure, rather than "tight" pressure.

I really like how these sliders work. The gameplay and players are fast and seems to be a real live game, but yet you can still afford to play 20 minute periods with realistic scores. You can still play your tempo and you don't have to force it to get a realistic game.

The only thing I would consider changing is a few tendencies, but I am going to try a few more games before I do so. I play Indiana and Illinois next, so maybe they will attempt more three's.

Good work with these sliders.

Youtube

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 05-31-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:44 AM   #83
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Alright played another game against Indiana at home.

This was a great matchup and a typical floorburn game. I held Indiana to 18 points in the first half and won 49-46.

Indiana's Stats:
18/41 FG
1/1 3 PT
9/11 FT
13 Assists
15 Turnovers
13 Team Fouls
26 Rebounds
3 Offensive Rebounds
10 Steals
1 Block
28 Points in the Paint

SIU Stats:
16/51 FG
6/20 3 Point
11/17 FT
8 Assists
11 Turnovers
9 Team Fouls
30 Rebounds
15 Offensive
13 Steals
5 Blocks
12 Points in the Paint

Key Player Stats:
SIU Fay 12 Points 3 Rebounds
SIU Booker 9 Points 10 Rebounds 4 Blocks
SIU Cassity 10 Points 2 Rebounds
IU Crawford 6 Points 3 Rebounds 4 Assists 2 Steals
IU Holman 10 Points 11 Rebounds 1 Block
IU Carter 9 Points 3 Rebounds

The 3 point tendency is too low IMO. I think I will change it a bit for the next game. That is really the only thing I notice. Was this a problem for anyone else, or am I just closing out really well on the shooters?

Indiana's defense was very good inside. I couldn't do anything but take my time and try to find an open shot. At the end I started taking it to the rim trying to draw contact and it worked.

Edit:

I played another game against Illinois and lost 65-51. I turned up the 3 point shooting tendency to 30 and it seemed about right. I may even turn it up to 33 or 35. Illinois shot 12 three's. I just could not make anything and got out rebounded by 19. I also got screwed on a lot of calls. It is near impossible to win on the road. I schedule Duke 96 Overall on the road too :S. I really like these sliders, so I am going to keep them where they are at.

The only changes I made was putting Dunks in Traffic on default and putting 3 point tendency up to 30. I was reading through and a lot of guys were complaining about too many 3 point attempts. They must not be closing out on the shooters, because they will take them if they are open.

Youtube

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 06-01-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #84
Rookie

tweadle's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm having some huge issues with making layups with these sliders. The 3 point shot attempts are right on for me, I'm also on ps3 and not 360. I'm going t try a few more games but I might raise my layup success a bit because its really starting to piss me off. I'm not even shooting 40% from the field and my mid range is more consistent than my layup success.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #85
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweadle
I'm having some huge issues with making layups with these sliders. The 3 point shot attempts are right on for me, I'm also on ps3 and not 360. I'm going t try a few more games but I might raise my layup success a bit because its really starting to piss me off. I'm not even shooting 40% from the field and my mid range is more consistent than my layup success.
Are the layups contested or in traffic? If so don't expect to make every one of them. If you have a crappy team just get used to the fact it will be a struggle.

I really don't miss wide open layups, but it is a battle inside and I love that. It is very difficult to score inside and it is not too uncommon to see big guys miss inside shots consistently.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #86
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Tweadle, if you are constantly missing open layups, then don't hesitate to bump up the layup success slider by one. But if they are heavily contested or you are playing with a lesser team, don't expect to be able to drive in for layups all day. I wanted to set up the sliders so that easy layups would fall, but forcing the ball inside and taking contested shots inside would be penalized.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 06-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #87
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

I adjusted these slightly. I put up 3 pt tendency to 33, and lowered 3 point success by 1. I put dunking and screen strength to default I think that is it though. I keep losing very very close games its making me mad.

Youtube
Old 06-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #88
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I adjusted these slightly. I put up 3 pt tendency to 33, and lowered 3 point success by 1. I put dunking and screen strength to default I think that is it though. I keep losing very very close games its making me mad.
Did you lower three point success for both sides? Just curious. Also, were you seeing too many dunks? Perhaps it's because I playing in a small conference with Western Illinois, but I'm lucky if I see two or three dunks per game.

You'll get a couple close games to go your way soon. I had a frustrating mid-season stretch that had me pulling my hair out, lost three games in a row by a total of five points.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Sliders »