Home

Next year's game better have more than 12 players available in-game.

This is a discussion on Next year's game better have more than 12 players available in-game. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2006, 05:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Next year's game better have more than 12 players available in-game.

This is one of the problems with this game that pisses me off the most. It actually does let you give out all 13 scholarships, but you can't ever get all of them into a game because they're not available.

In real life, I believe a team can dress 15 total players for a game. It's silly to not include this in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Next year's game better have more than 12 players available in-game.

you never see teams go 15 deep into the game, you rarely see 11
Old 02-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
Banned

Brankles's Arena

OVR: 23

To be fair, the game was made before the 15 man roster came into effect.

Next year, they definitely need to have it, though.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

What do you mean the game was made before the 15 man roster came into effect? That's always been how it works. I haven't been following college basketball all that long, as I'm only 20, but I know that's not a new rule this year. Teams have always been able to offer 13 scholarships and they've always been able to play all those guys if they wanted to, plus walk ons.

I don't care if teams usually do it or not. They can if they want to, but I can't in the game. That really bothers me.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #5
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moTIGS
What do you mean the game was made before the 15 man roster came into effect? That's always been how it works. I haven't been following college basketball all that long, as I'm only 20, but I know that's not a new rule this year. Teams have always been able to offer 13 scholarships and they've always been able to play all those guys if they wanted to, plus walk ons.

I don't care if teams usually do it or not. They can if they want to, but I can't in the game. That really bothers me.
Wait a second. I thought college basketball only allowed for 12 dressed players on the bench during a game. Rosters could have as many as 15 players on the team, but only 12 of them could be available to play in any one game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #6
MVP

Chuck's Arena

OVR: 10

This definitely needs to be changed.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

In real life.. you dress 12 players. The rest are reserves. You can swap players on and off the reserves anytime you wish (unless they are redshirted or transfers). I'm a bit of a College Hoops fanatic and watch 50 to 60 games a year. You will never see more then 12 players dressed for a game... Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moTIGS
This is one of the problems with this game that pisses me off the most. It actually does let you give out all 13 scholarships, but you can't ever get all of them into a game because they're not available.

In real life, I believe a team can dress 15 total players for a game. It's silly to not include this in the game.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 433tom
In real life.. you dress 12 players. The rest are reserves. You can swap players on and off the reserves anytime you wish (unless they are redshirted or transfers). I'm a bit of a College Hoops fanatic and watch 50 to 60 games a year. You will never see more then 12 players dressed for a game... Period.
You're wrong. Check out the box score in this link: http://tarheelblue.collegesports.com...112205aaa.html

Notice both teams played more than 12 players. You could easily finds many more examples of this if you did a quick search of box scores. You see it most often in blowouts involving major teams. They will empty their bench at the end of the game when they're killing a team. Major teams often have plenty of walk-ons and that's who those last 4 guys are for UNC in this boxscore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »