Home

**Official CH 2K6 (360) Impressions Sticky**

This is a discussion on **Official CH 2K6 (360) Impressions Sticky** within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: **Official CH 2K6 (360) Impressions Sticky**

Can someone repost the movie of the game that was on You Send It?

Thanks, looking forward to seeing it in action and being played by someone who understands basketball (i.e., not IGN).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #146
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Give me till tomorrow- I'll grab pics of this and also of the Cajundome for another poster
Thanks potna, good lookin
Old 03-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #147
MVP

noplace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
no new unis, fat joe is still on it, and the BOB still looks wrong the student section sits on floor in folding chairs? the owell it is nebraska ball...

But the game is the best.
thanks, did they atleast add the Big 12 logo?
Old 03-08-2006, 09:40 AM   #148
Rookie

I've been playing CH 2K6 on the PS2 religiously since it came out back in November. I bought an XBOX 360 off ebay just last week in anticipation of this game and I'm glad I did.

They've certainly done some work on player ratings and computer AI. UNC throws the ball down to Hansborough quite a bit. They rarely go to him at all in the PS2 version. Maryland was running flex cuts against me just like in real life.

The AI is really good. They will make you pay for double teaming the post big time. I've doubled with my wing and they'll kick out for a three. Or if I manage to get out there in time they will sometimes drive to the basket and put up this cool looking one handed runner. Sweet. I've doubled with my second big and they've found their second big underneath the basket for a dunk.

The computer really looks for the open man better than I have ever seen before. Oh and Hansborough threw this sweet baseline drop-step dunk on me. He's really a monster in this game in the post.

The gameplay really needs some slider tweaking out of the box, but here's the great thing, the sliders seem to be more tweakable than ever before. Each slider has a number rating from 0 to 100. Some increase and decrease in increments of five, but most are increments of one at a time. Even the overall game speed is tweakable. It's always been slow, normal and fast, but now it defaults at 50 and you can change it to your likeing from there.

Finally, finally after all these years, your saved roster will load automatically. Nice job on that one VC.

I'm loving this game. I'm having a tough time so far with the controls, but that's just because I've been a PS1 and PS2 guy for years and the XBOX 360 controls are all just about the opposite of what I'm used to.

There are some new camera angles also. I didn't have time to check them out yet (only played two full games), but a couple of them seemed like they might be interesting.

The thing that's really making this game for me right now is the improved AI. I'm seeing much better shot dispersion amongst the computer players, which makes them tougher to guard. I just don't get that IGN review.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #149
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

One thing that really stands out to me after a few games is how the cpu will take (and most likely drain) a shot if they are left open. They just catch and shoot, which is nice to see.
In NBA2K6 it seems like if a guy is wide open sometimes he shoots it and sometimes he just waits for a guy to clear off of a screen. This game (at least initially) seems to really punish you for leaving a guy wide open.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #150
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan49
One thing that really stands out to me after a few games is how the cpu will take (and most likely drain) a shot if they are left open. They just catch and shoot, which is nice to see.
In NBA2K6 it seems like if a guy is wide open sometimes he shoots it and sometimes he just waits for a guy to clear off of a screen. This game (at least initially) seems to really punish you for leaving a guy wide open.
Agreed. And they are great at finding that open man.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #151
MVP

OVR: 12

I started a career legacy last night and am 0-3 on all conference, ouch. Is anyone finding it difficult to stay in games and score consistently while the computer rains down on ya, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #152
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

Picked up the last copy of CH at the EB Games near my house. Got $28 back in credit for NBA 2K6.

Fantastic game thus far. Love the student sections and the atmosphere of the college game. Presentation could be a little better in terms of commentary. It sounds a bit robotic, and after listening to the fabulous commentary from MLB The Show, it's a bit of a disappointment. Further, I'm having a difficult time really hearing the commentary over the crowd noise, even after messing with the sliders. Weird. I miss the presentation from a couple years ago. It's a step back IMO.

The pace of the game needs to be turned down some. I'm going to turn it down about five notches as well and see if it slows the frantic pace some. Well, happy to report that turning down the game speed definitely makes it much more of a realistic flow.

There are subtle differences between NBA 2K6 and CH 2K6. I especially like how CH forces you to use all your players rather than the frequent isolation you see in NBA 2K6. The movement off the ball is much much better in CH. On defense, I normally control one of the big men. It takes a lot of concentration to stay with your man, and get around picks and screens.

Graphically, it looks great. I'd say it's on par with the NBA game, though the player models in NBA 2K6 are much more detailed. The courts are amazing in CH! Very minor nit pick, but for a next gen game, I expect to see different cheerleaders. Kinda weak to see the same blonde cheerleader in every cut scene, as well as see multiples of her in the dance sequence during halftime.

Love the addition of subbing during stoppages of play. This needs to be added to the NBA series. Can't tell though if the point of emphasis is too effective. For instance, if my point of emphasis is on shot selection, it seems 90% of the time I'll make the next basket out of the timeout.

There are so many sliders, that's it's almost intimidating. I've only played a handful of games, but there does appear to be somewhat of a catch up A.I. Hard to really tell at this point. Also, as I posted at OS, there was some questionable late game A.I. in one game I played. The next game however was fine. Strange.

We desperately need rosters. I added names to a few teams, but talk about monotonous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »